Chapter 27: Weak
40 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27: Weak

The ground shook, and they could hear footsteps from far away.

Monique, who was aiming for the Great Monkey earlier, felt a shiver run down her back as she sensed the approaching presence.

Her body trembled and her mind screamed at her to run away with all her might and get away without looking back.

She broke out in a cold sweat and swallowed audibly as she turned her gaze to the tunnel on the other side of this open area.

It was a wide tunnel over twenty meters high and about forty meters wide, and from deep within that tunnel came a presence.

“You guys brought this on yourselves,” Great Monkey muttered as he stepped back.

The presence magnified and then a giant white furred hand came out of the tunnel leaning against the wall and pushing the body forward, revealing a gigantic gorilla.

It was immense, measuring close to ten meters tall and its arms were extremely large and its entire body was white fur.

It had two thick fangs protruding from its mouth like incisors and four horns on its head going backwards.

His hands were large, and his nails were sharp, similar to toenails, and that massive primate watched them.

“The Great Monkey.”

The master’s voice came from Monique, and she was surprised to realize that this being had controlled her body.

Did the master believe that the colossal primate was the Great Monkey? Monique could not discover the correct answer and was alarmed when she felt that her body was moving on its own.

Magical energy was gathering in her open third eye and she panicked, wanting to regain control.

Was he insane? Why would he attack that gigantic gorilla? Couldn’t he feel the powerful presence?

The Great Monkey was a target they could take out, but that colossal gorilla was not and her laser beam would do nothing.

“...”

Monique wanted to close her eyes so as not to watch as she started what could be the attack that would unleash the wrath of that gigantic beast.

However, when her third eye fired the laser beam, what came out was not a weak and light laser beam, but a huge laser beam several meters wide.

“GRAA!”

The colossal gorilla shielded itself with its arms, but the laser beam sliced through some of the flesh and practically destroyed the wall in a gash hundreds of meters deep.

Even though they were hundreds of meters away from the gorilla, the laser beam was still powerful.

“Come!”

The being that had magnified a single laser beam switched to Donovan’s body and floated into the air, ripping huge chunks out of the ground and hurling it at the giant monkey.

“GRAAAAAA!”

The roar of rage came from the beast, who charged forward, making the earth tremble with every step.

“Young master beware!”

Jonathan screamed in fear as he saw the punch coming, but the Great Monkey intercepted it and stopped it from moving as the punch came towards Donovan’s figure.

A gigantic purple barrier appeared in front of Donovan, who had purple eyes.

An unstoppable force and an indestructible barrier... The explosion and shockwave was so powerful that everyone flew backwards.

Monique as she hit the ground and spun around, felt her ears bleed from the blast and saw Zaid and Sanya next to her, both widening their eyes in surprise.

Onward, the battle continued.

The young master manifested a giant purple fist and swung at the beast, who retreated a few steps and then counterattacked.

The exchange of blows continued and shockwaves with each exchange spread as the ground shook.

It was a battle of giants that Monique had never thought she would be involved in, and now she had a role to play.

—Go stop the little monkey.

The master’s command reached Monique’s ears and, by the look on Zaid and Sanya’s faces, they too heard the order.

The three of them turned their gaze to what the master called ‘little monkey’... The Great Monkey was holding Jonathan back and preventing him from moving.

“Stay back,” Monique ordered Celes and, after taking a deep breath, took a step and then another.

Why was she obeying and risking her life? Was it loyalty? Or was it her old vestiges of an obedient and easily controlled minion?

Monique had several questions in her mind caused by the fear of what she was facing, but she ran towards her target and halfway opened her third eye, launching her laser beam.

As before, the laser beam was not small like the one she usually threw, but inches from her eye, a purple layer appeared and when the laser beam passed through that layer, it multiplied dozens of times.

The laser beam flew towards the Great Monkey, who covered himself with his arms to protect himself by recoiling from the power and being burned by the intensity of the laser beam.

The Great Monkey was no weakling that would be cut in half and withstood the attacks with unique ferocity.

However, her attack gave Jonathan time to pounce towards the colossal creature the master was fighting.

“Damn weaklings!” Snarled the Great Monkey, glaring at them.

Monique sensed the bloodlust of her enemy, and her body trembled with an instinctive fear of a threat.

She was a super, but if she had to be categorized by threat levels, she would be a Code Green... She was at the bottom of the barrel and while she was stronger than normal people and some supers with weak abilities, it was impossible for her to stand up to the Great Monkey, who was a Code Red.

Her companions were similar, but just as she took a step forward, Zaid also took a step and then Sanya, revealing a sinister smile on her face.

Monique took a deep breath and moved, drawing her revolver and firing, wanting to at least create a distraction.

Unlike before, a purple glow surrounded the bullets and this time, when they hit the Great Monkey’s body, they sank deep into the flesh.

The reason they were confident to continue was that they were not alone, and they were receiving help from a being whose power was extraordinary.

The gunfire surprised the Great Monkey and backed away, using his muscular arms to protect himself, allowing Sanya to move forward.

The woman attacked using her daggers and the Great Monkey, who earlier gave the impression that he was distracted, attacked with all his might by punching Sanya’s torso.

If Sanya received that blow, she would die... For Monique, it was a given, but the punch subtly deflected off the woman’s body, allowing Sanya to slash with her dagger.

Normally, the dagger would not cause this much damage, however, this time a purple aura surrounded the dagger and Sanya could cut the Great Monkey’s stomach.

The Great Monkey followed her with the intention of crushing her and it was at that moment that Zaid intervened, surrounded by purple armor that allowed him to resist the strength of that giant monkey.

They were still weak, but they were not alone and now they could at least stop the Great Monkey to let Jonathan and the master fight against the colossal beast.

*****

How was the Great Monkey, who was a Code Red, recognized as one of the many strongest supervillains? Why was his organization able to control Blue City?

Jonathan now had an answer when he saw that the colossal gorilla that the Great Monkey called mother and who was fighting against that colossal beast was the young master in Donovan’s body.

*BOOM*

The gorilla used its fist to strike Donovan’s diminutive figure, however, the small figure parried the punch with a purple barrier and then expelled a force that caused the beast to recoil.

Jonathan didn’t just stand there watching from afar, but ran swiftly across the ground and then upon reaching the back he scaled the beast’s back, leaping upwards and when he reached the neck, he attacked.

While he was not using all his abilities and had not changed his body, he could currently take on a Code Red like the Great Monkey, and his punches were powerful.

Punch after punch.

His fists moved quickly in a relentless lunge, and finally, his fist pierced the creature’s flesh.

A small wound for a beast of such colossal size, but Jonathan aimed for the beast’s veins and plunged his hand into the flesh, seeking to cause further internal damage.

“GRAA!”

The colossal beast roared and Jonathan held on to the flesh and, not being driven off by the momentum of the roar, the creature moved its hand.

The gigantic hand descended and the neck muscles tightened, preventing Jonathan from pulling his arm out of the neck.

However, before he was crushed, an intangible force grabbed him and pulled his body back, throwing him to the ground.

Jonathan fell to the ground and watched as the hand struck the shoulder where he had been and the force was fearsome.

If he had stayed where he had been before, the beast could have squashed him like a bug.

Weak...

As Jonathan stood up again, he heard a voice in his mind as the battle continued.

Was the voice referring to himself or the young master? The young master was engaging the colossal gorilla by ripping parts out of the ground to throw at the gorilla and from time to time creating giant purple fists to attack.

The attacks were powerful, as the colossal gorilla would recoil and sometimes bleed from wounds, but it would always counterattack and the young master would meet each blow with his barrier.

The purple barrier was slowly becoming less translucent, losing color.

The young master was using other people’s mental strength, but it was one matter to face the Great Monkey and another to face the mother, who was a Code Black.

That colossal gorilla was not using full force, fearing to collapse the cave, but the young master was not moving effectively either.

Jonathan remembered the first time the young master controlled his body and received the beating from Lady Lydia.

At that time, the young master did not know how to defend himself in a melee battle and showed high inexperience, just like now.

Instead of using Donovan’s body to fly and move around dodging the colossal gorilla’s attacks, the young master was floating, taking the blows in the air.

Causing the battle to become a fight of giants throwing punches at each other, but the young master was forgetting that he wasn’t a powerful giant, at least not yet, and if the battle continued, he would eventually tire and do it first.

Jonathan got back to his feet.

He needed to help the young master before he expended all the mental strength of the minions and the primates he controlled in this senseless battle.

Deciding, he ran at his top speed and then jumped back.

The colossal gorilla paid no attention to him and was focused on the young master, recognizing that mental power was powerful, so Jonathan took advantage of that.

Halfway across, he jumped just as the young master was lifting debris from the ground and stepped through the rubble, moving towards the beast’s head, and then jumped back.

Jonathan did not go for the skull, as he knew that a kick would only stun the colossal beast for a few seconds, but went for one of the beast’s four horns.

The young master reinforced the rocks he plucked from the ground, but being debris, they were not as effective when used as weapons.

However, if he plucked a horn, it would give the young master the perfect weapon, and with that weapon, he could be a real threat.

The flying kick hit the gorilla’s horn and Jonathan heard a crunch and then....

“GRAA!”

The colossal gorilla roared in anger and pain, shaking its head all over the place.

Jonathan asserted himself by the white fur, unwilling to let go, and then leapt to the tip of the horn and caught it in his hands, not letting go.

The horn had not broken, but it was close to breaking.

Weak.

The voice came back up again and Jonathan gritted his teeth and then, as the giant gorilla moved his head to the side, the horn cracked completely.

Jonathan went flying with the horn and hit a wall, practically embedding himself in the wall.

The pain was high, but he was used to the pain by now.

In his vision in the distance, the young master followed the battle in Donovan’s body and the gorilla roared angrily, attacking with increased momentum.

Elsewhere, the three enhanced minions were holding off the Great Monkey, while Celes watched from afar without intervening.

You are weak. The young master will be in danger because of you...

The voice in his mind emerged again, speaking clearly, and Jonathan bit his lips and stepped out of the wall where he was embedded.

His clothes, which were designed with resistant material, were partially destroyed and he had a thick wound in his stomach that pierced his organs.

However, the pain was minuscule and as he pulled out the rock that had pierced his stomach, his natural regeneration returned him to a perfect state in less than a second.

If we move together, we can win... We will be of help to the young master.

The voice appeared again, urging him to use his abilities and transform, but it was the idea of being of help to the young master that caught Jonathan’s attention.

Would they be of help together?

Yes. We can kill the beast. We will eliminate it. Together. And we will save the young master.

The voice gave him an answer, motivating him to use his abilities and Jonathan’s breathing became heavy as his body trembled.

He felt the excitement and thrill in the voice, wanting him to be convinced by his words to control his body and return to the times where he had created a river of blood.

Where he was nothing more than a crazed beast seeking to murder and kill all who stood in his way.

Jonathan bit his lips and clenched his fists, digging his nails into his palm as he closed his eyes, trying to control the voice.

If he agreed to use his abilities, he could become a threat to the colossal gorilla, but also to everyone else, and Jonathan in that state didn’t know what he could do to the young master.

So he used his willpower to resist and....

“Babysitter, it’s not time to sleep.”

A voice appeared in front of him and when Jonathan opened his eyes, he saw the childish figure of the young master in a purple color.

Behind him, purple-eyed Donovan was still exchanging blows with the colossal gorilla.

“Young master?” Jonathan hesitated at the sight of him, and looking at the horn, muttered. “Use it, young master. If you keep attacking the way you are, you will tire and eventually lose.”

The purple boy looked at the horn and then at him.

“Is that why you wanted to take the horn from her? I had thought you just wanted a souvenir of the battle,” the young master replied and nodding to himself, added. “And it’s true. The mental attack isn’t working. Who knew the simplest and most primitive mind was the strongest? It doesn’t have much to think about, so it has no openings. The Great Monkey was strong.”

Jonathan blinked as he heard the young master’s reply and then blinked again, not understanding what he was talking about, and at last looked again as Donovan took the angry gorilla’s blows.

“Don’t tell me you thought I was attacking using force?” the young master asked, raising his eyebrow.

The figure was purple, but all the physical details were of a two-year-old and the face was quite expressive.

“I...”

Jonathan couldn’t answer and simply watched the young master shake his head as if his lack of understanding was inevitable.

*BOOM*

Another explosion came this time as Donovan’s figure dropped part of the ceiling on the colossal gorilla, but that beast was a Code Black and that attack didn’t cause that much damage.

“Resilient and extremely strong. No matter when I reinforce the debris or even the horn, I can’t defeat it. Not in my current state,” the young master muttered and seeing that he was tense, he smiled. “But I have a better way. No one messes with a transcendental and comes out without consequences.”

Along with those words, the purple figure disappeared completely and the young master’s presence increased.

Making it clear that the end was near.

1