Chapter 34: Style
127 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 34: Style

Zack looked at his reflection in the mirror next to him and in the other mirrors around him.

His body was small of a child, but unlike when he came into this world, his body looked sick and malnourished. Now his proportions were more normal.

Except for his head, which was exceptionally incredible.

Zack didn’t care about the details in his appearance, neither his cheeks that were becoming chubby or his more defined appearance, and the only thing he cared about his appearance were his bright purple eyes.

Which at the moment matched exceptionally well with his purple suit.

Turning to the side, he looked at the mirrors on the sides and then the reflections in the mirror behind and turning he nodded to himself.

—For this to be created by a primate, I have to admit it has style. —Zack murmured, smiling subtly.

Rubbing his hair that was getting bushier, he saw his smile in the mirror and....

—Even in a body of an inferior being, I am exceptional.

Those words came out of his mouth as he gave a smile.

Five hundred and sixty-seven days had passed since he ended up arriving in this world imprisoned in a flesh body of an inferior being.

It didn’t matter if the body was stronger than other inferior beings, in his eyes there was no better figure than his true white colored self.

Still, as the strongest transcendental, his mind shaped the body, giving him a wonderful head that revealed the brilliant hidden mind and also a body that matched his style, especially in the eyes.

He didn’t like the gray hair that was similar to the two jailers so much, but he did like his purple eyes... A proof that controlling this body was him.

“Is he too arrogant? Is he always arrogant? I won’t deny that he looks good, but he’s too... Auh... Why are you stopping me, Donovan?”

Zack heard that voice, so animated and swift, then the mirrors rose and his surroundings came into view.

He was in a large room where there were mannequins of different sizes, most being primates, and each was wearing different outfits and among them some battle attire.

Where he had been was a platform, and now that the mirrors were gone, Zack could see those who had been silently reveling in his figure.

The primate who designed the fancy purple suit was at the front clasping her hands together holding back her pride, while next to that primate was the half-breed looking away as if he didn’t know what to say and then the babysitter who was smiling.

And near that group was the boy Donovan, who was watching the golden girl with a cold stare and with his eyes urging his companion to be silent while the latter was rubbing her arm as if she had been punished.

“You were little sane before, but since you met him, you have become more irrational, Donovan,” the golden girl muttered and the boy hit her again on the arm.

The boy was always serious and solemn giving an image of a firm adult, but this time he hit the golden girl on the shoulder, not so hard, but with a scolding look so that she would shut her mouth and the golden girl went back to rubbing her shoulder.

The golden girl lived in a rushed state and watched everything slowly and could have dodged it, but she took the hit and acted like she was being bullied.

“I hope it was to your liking, master,” said the primate... No, the Designer.

This outfit was worthy of his figure, and the primate deserved recognition for this creation.

A black furred ape-woman and, while she bore similarity to the other furry humanoids, the Designer wore an elegant purple feminine outfit that fit her majestically.

“It’s great. He likes it too. Didn’t you hear him talk before?”

The golden girl disappeared like a flash and appeared at his side, fixing his suit and tie and then disappearing back, reappearing in front of him, tying his shoelaces.

When she stood up and Zack looked directly at her, and she smiled brightly at him.

“Master, she’s-“

—An annoying girl. —Said Zack, pushing the golden girl away with telekinesis.

The golden girl’s laughter echoed softly as she flew around like a child enjoying games, and Donovan’s expression quivered subtly before relaxing.

Although Zack called her a ‘child’, it was because of her skill and potential that, while not psychic, was still great, still, more than a child, she was an annoyingly talkative brat.

“Now let’s see our costumes. Also, Monique and her group are interested. It’s more obvious to all the minions that they want to get their reward. Since they have learned that the Great Monkey vaults contained genetic enhancements, they have been excited to receive it and more so with the success for development,” the golden girl said with obvious excitement.

Excitement not for the treasures the Great Monkey had stored, and they had managed to steal, but for the costumes she was looking for and wanted to wear.

Zack signaled the designer to lead them through the building.

“The Master’s costume is made with the best of the best, but since we have a large budget, I will dress the organization in the best quality costumes,” the designer said in a professional and dignified tone.

The woman had no sense of belonging or loyalty like the enhanced minions, but she had excitement for her outfits and Zack approved of that excitement.

He liked his new outfit and the sleek and sophisticated design with that very natural purple color of the fabric quite pleased him.

“Do you intend to wear a mask, young master?” The babysitter asked quietly.

They were behind the Donovan boy who was trying to calm the golden girl, who kept asking the designer questions without letting her answer and behind the half-breed.

—You mean those weird masks some people wear? No, thank you. Instead of using an object or artifact to hide myself, I prefer to use my abilities. —Zack answered clearly.

He had been long enough in this world to know that those who wore masks with concealment effects were to hide their identities, but he preferred to use his abilities.

There were two reasons why he agreed to take part in this costume event, and the first was that he wanted to make sure everyone was dressed in style and not wearing random things.

The second reason was that he was on standby.

He had sent a message to the girl who was connected to the brightest transcendental and had asked to speak to that woman to hear about her story, but since he had spoken to the abomination, she had not responded.

The jailers at this point were relaxing, and he had been able to leave freely and he also already had time to devote to his main objective and go for the tower.

However, he needed to also coordinate with the brighter transcendental.

“Is your friend still not communicating with you?” the babysitter asked and seeing that there was no response, added. “Donovan and I have been investigating. The authorities are concerned. We have delved deeper into the investigation and have managed to discover that they will be having a meeting to discuss your threat level. It is likely that when they learn that you wish to go for the tower, things will become more complicated.”

The local authorities were those known as superheroes and who appeared on television or who were seen on the streets.

Earlier, when he had worked for the old merchant Hugo, he had run into some of those superheroes and if the place they were going to raid was as important as everyone said it was; he was likely to take them on.

—It’s likely that the jailer or jailer would be there. It would be a nuisance. —Zack muttered.

He still remembered that barbaric woman beating him and he would not deny that even if he occupied the babysitter’s body, he couldn’t win in a battle of physical strength.

Although it would be different if he controlled her or beat that barbaric woman’s mind, but winning using his best advantage would not be as rewarding.

However, this mission was not about seeking mirth or entertainment like the battle against the Great Monkey was. This was going to be serious.

“I doubt it, young master. Your mother has been complicated with... well, her work,” the babysitter said without explaining too much, as he knew what he didn’t care. “Your father won’t interfere, either. He never bothers with such matters. Still, the authorities are another matter.”

The babysitter gave a serious expression again, and his black eyes turned cold.

“The City Sun is strong. We’re talking about a real Code Black. Strong and intelligent. Not someone of pure physical strength like the Great Monkey’s mother,” said the babysitter earnestly and hesitating a moment, he muttered. “The authorities have their ways of foreseeing future dangers and what you will do is a dangerous thing. After all, this is a prison where they hold a lot of criminals.”

As usual, the babysitter was worried, and it showed in the very tense look and the way he was watching him, but Zack didn’t say too much to him, realizing that the babysitter would not stop him.

He was warning him to be careful and be prepared, and Zack nodded, taking in his concern.

—Don’t worry, I have my ways. —Zack replied and realizing that the babysitter was still tense, he explained. —If the situation gets out of hand, I will control all the minds in the city and if necessary, this world.

In this body he was too weak or to put it another way, the individuals he faced had greater physical power.

Facing them on his own was in itself impossible and since he could not use his own strength, Zack thought of using the minds of others.

If controlling the minds of the minions and primates wasn’t enough, then he would expand his control to the city and if it wasn’t enough to this entire planet and when he used the strength of all the inferior beings on this planet, perhaps he could match some of his true brilliance.

The babysitter watched him, not expecting such a determined response.

—So you had better worry about yourself. My priority is the most brilliant transcendental. If you wish to join, I require support, not a hindrance. —Zack said earnestly as he hovered.

His voice reached out to the minds of the half-breed, the golden girl and the boy, and it was the latter who stopped to watch him.

“I’ve been training hard, master. And so have the minions. Although we are far behind you, we will support you,” said the boy in a serious tone.

“You really have become a fanatic, Donovan. Not that it matters much, though. We are accompanied by a transcendental whose rumors have spread throughout the city. People despise our organization. Showing the world who we are by storming the most recognized prison in the city is an excellent way to start,” said the golden girl in a serious tone.

“Not that I’m participating in the main attack, but I’ll be there if they need a quick way out,” muttered the half-breed calmly.

Zack would not force them to fight alongside him and he didn’t need them... He literally didn’t need them, and using their mental strength was the best course of action, but he wasn’t that kind of person.

Perhaps only the boy was someone with the potential to transcend, but the others could advance in their own way and perhaps at some point reach heights high enough to look him in the eye.

Of course, they would never compare to him, who was the most powerful transcendental of all, but it wasn’t wrong for them to try.

So he would encourage those who wanted to follow him of their own free will.

—Good. —Zack replied.

It was a short answer. He would not mention that he would lend his power to help them take on opponents that overcame them, just as he had done before.

Zack would not treat those who followed him so poorly and he would support them as long as he was able.

“Since we showed our loyalty, we can choose other colors for our suits. Purple is...”

As the golden girl was about to speak, the Donovan boy gave her a look and grabbed her arm to get them on their way and seriously silenced her.

The golden girl wasn’t speaking to annoy him and while she was straightforward with her disinterest in the color purple, she was speaking to annoy the boy who came out of his role upon hearing her.

The group kept walking and Zack, who ignored those childish games, suddenly stopped floating in mid-air.

He could feel the connection he had with the brighter transcendental tugging at him, this time more deeply than before, making it clear that he would have a long journey.

—I’ll go talk to the woman. —Zack warned seriously.

The babysitter nodded and reached over to take his body, as Zack left his body entering the astral plane.

It was time for a long talk.

1