Chapter 46: Waiting
38 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46: Waiting

The dream world was as boring as ever for Zack.

Being in a human body was being bound to the limitations of an inferior being. Having to eat, go to the bathroom and not being able to move for the first few years and having to sleep.

If he did not sleep his body did not function well and his mind could not work as it should and for that reason his body had to rest, but not him... He remained conscious even in his dreams and mentally he did not rest as he should.

Leading to him being awake in the dream world and while in this world he could do what he wished, as everything was false, it became boring.

However, soon this suffering would end.

Perhaps he had left those days where he could not control his body and ended up getting dirty, but being in a inferior being’s body was still unpleasant. The bodily limitations could be dealt with by wasting time and the real problem was his lack of power.

Zack knew that inside this mortal body was him... His essence was compressed and packed into a small body of a big head baby.

When he first arrived, he had thought of destroying everything in his path and killing both his jailers and destroying this body, but now that thought dwindled. It was not that his distaste for that barbaric jailer and the male jailer diminished, such distaste was still fixed, but now he sought his freedom by a simpler means.

The reason was that the possibility that by destroying his body he would end up ceasing to exist was high.

“Such a powerful being trapped so easily.”

Such a thought came from the surroundings in this boundless space of translucent purple, and Zack let out a snort as he realized that his mind was wandering back.

In the end, regardless of what happened with his arrival, one thing was clear... He was close to escaping.

“My baby...”

Zack, who was showing happiness, frowned as he heard a distant murmur and, closing his eyes, he opened it again, noticing the female jailer a few inches away from him.

Her body was resting on his bed and even though he had used the mental energy of millions of people in the city and several superheroes and not his own, the strain on his actual body was high.

Although mentally he was in perfect condition, physically he was tired and felt every muscle part ache... Another clear example of how limited this body was.

“Don’t worry. He’ll recover and when he does, he’ll get stronger,” said the male jailer, standing next to the barbarian.

They were both looking at him and, unlike the barbaric jailer who was flashing the smile of joy at the sight of him; the jailer was trying to maintain his image and it was costing him, as the smile at the sight of the jailer and him threatened to appear on his lips.

“I have found someone who can help him manage his powers. A psychic who wants to work as your babysitter. I have dared to bring a report to you to check her out and interview her,” said the babysitter from a place he couldn’t see.

The barbaric woman was covering most of his vision by pulling his finger and he couldn’t move and if he did, the bars on either side of his bed would not allow him to escape.

However, Zack simply ignored her. For once, he released the brighter transcendental, he could be free and now he needed to hold on.

“Who is she?” the male jailer asked.

“Mia Bowen. She’s a young psychic. We met her and the young master seems to like her,” replied the babysitter.

Although Zack couldn’t see what expression the babysitter had, he could sense the confidence in the man’s voice, and it was that confidence that gave some sense that he was telling the truth.

A day had passed since the battle and the babysitter after that great battle gained more confidence, but also determination to lie to the jailers. In a way, he had matured and had decided which side to be on.

Nothing strange for Zack when he had shown some of his greatness several times.

“You have a nice accessory,” the barbaric woman murmured and as she was about to take the small tower shaped necklace, he moved his hand and caught the woman’s finger.

She at the sight of it pushed her finger into the tower, grinning wickedly, and Zack squeezed the finger with all his might until he couldn’t take it anymore and took her tower shaped necklace and tucked it away in his pajamas.

“Pff...”

The brazen jailer laughed out loud at the sight of his actions, and it was so much that she wiped her tears away before retreating.

“He wouldn’t even let me touch his toy. What a selfish kid!”

The laughter came along with the woman’s voice and he simply rolled his eyes to rest again and, looking at the grating of his little prison, he moved his hand and, taking the grating, crushed it.

This cradle had brown grating and gave the impression of being wood, but it was actually metal and he squeezing it, crushed the metal with ease.

He felt no resistance or any difficulty.

The male jailer was right. His body was getting better after being tired and the first time it happened with the brightest transcendental and now it happened again. Even though he was physically exhausted, it was possible that when he woke up his body would have greater energy both mentally and physically.

Since the jailer used those medicines on him, his body was growing in a balanced way, but that balance was delaying the development of his mind and the liberation of his being.

Zack moved his hand, and the metal straightened again and then, pulling out the small tower he had as a necklace, he held it.

He could sense the minds of the prisoners inside and even though it was not the same as controlling the city, the different prisoners gave him enough power so that he could leave his body and then travel through the Astral Plane.

The portable tower also allowed him to defeat someone like the Great Monkey, but he probably couldn’t do what he did with the Sun, not without first controlling a city.

Basically, the tower became a portable psionic power battery, and it was all thanks to prisoners who could not resist and whose strength was high. Even if he controlled the minions that served him, it would not be the same.

Perhaps the power he would exert would be similar, but time differed and the minions would eventually tire, while the prisoners in the tower would provide him with energy for much longer.

“Should I ask the Architect for the tower?” Zack doubted aloud.

His surroundings were blurred in purple as he traveled the Astral Plane and he couldn’t hide his desire for the tower. He disliked taking minions everywhere and was annoying in many situations, much different with this small tower.

Asking the Architect to give up the pay tower was going to be difficult, as the tower held the Divine realm of that Goddess of Dawn and she gave it to him to show trust. However, if she removed her divine realm and built him this kind of miniature tower, he could use it if he kept the prisoners inside.

Moreover, she could even put her own prisoners inside. The Great Monkey was dumb minded, but if someone like the Sun bothered him, he instead of throwing him, killing him or throwing him into the Astral Plane, he could seal him in the Tower and use it when he needed the mental energy.

Although it was a good idea, Zack smiled, feeling that it would not be necessary. Soon he would leave this body and be free.

Such an idea caused him to increase his speed in the direction of the Brightest Transcendental.

******

In a white sealing space, a female figure opened her eyes and filtered through the crack in the prison. Unlike before when it seeped in subtly, this time it did so with greater force and she could manifest on the outside.

Appearing in a spacious bedroom that she had seen so many times through the eyes of the ‘Girl’ and now she saw it for herself.

She looked first at the girl-no, at Mia.

Although her kind had standards for naming others, the brighter transcendental felt that Mia deserved to be treated with respect.

“Thank you, Mia,” she said, smiling softly at her.

The girl Mia’s eyes widened at hearing her name and her cheeks turned red with embarrassment and pride, but she coughed to control herself.

“You don’t need to thank me. I’m glad to help you, master,” replied Mia bowing respectfully and looking at her, he murmured. “And I didn’t do too much. He did all the work.”

She was referring to Zack, the stronger transcendental, and it was true that he was the one who did much of the work without ever abandoning her, but she wasn’t going to deny that Mia got some of the credit.

Without Mia wanting to help her, she wouldn’t have met the strongest transcendental and without that situation, she wouldn’t be able to be free.

“A coincidence,” she muttered and turning to the entity that was present in this small room, she asked. “Do you think this cube has any energy other than ‘Space’?”

The one she was asking was the prison administrator and while for a long time she was angry with that administrator, after they spoke, she realized that the Goddess of Dawn was manipulated.

Those who extracted her essence were not Elurien’s servants... So she, as the brightest transcendental, forgave her.

“It is an Origin energy and as I understand it Space is always connected to Time... So possibly they are both,” replied the Architect as she thought and, blinking, she murmured. “At least I suppose so.”

The two-meter tall, golden-skinned Dawn Goddess was fiddling with the cube in her hands and her cube-shaped eyes were spinning glowing blue as she tried to remove the cube’s defense where she had been.

The brightest transcendental reflected on the coincidence and thought about the possibility that the cube’s timing had helped her meet Zack... Origin beings, also called as Primordials, were mysterious and their ‘divine energies’ acted in inexplicable ways.

Sometimes time was related to ‘destiny’ and in a way, it shaped coincidences that otherwise would not happen.

At least that’s what she had learned on one of her countless journeys before she was trapped here.

As she pondered, space distorted and a small figure manifested between them.

The strongest transcendental of all was in his white colored form, but taking on the figure of her baby body, though all white except for the eyes of such intense purple.

“Are you using your powers?” Zack asked as he watched the architect play with the cube.

“I... I thought I’d release it as quickly as possible.” The Architect said and looking at her, he muttered. “It’s the least I can do now.”

The Architect looked at her, not daring to make contact with Zack’s very cold gaze and it wasn’t that she was afraid, but the stronger transcendental looked annoyed.

“Your parents?” the brighter transcendental asked and seeing the little boy frown in disgust, she corrected herself. “Sorry. Did your jailers put you in a bad mood?”

When she corrected her manner of calling ‘jailers’, the annoyance subsided and he floated over to the bed, letting out an angry snort and didn’t respond.

It was probably his parents... She didn’t know what it was like for him to be in a mortal’s body, but she could tell he wasn’t having such a good time, though in part perhaps it was because he looked at everyone as inferior beings and considered very few on his level.

How many could he treat as equals? For natural transcendentals like them, titles defined both their identities and their existences.

No two transcendentals had the same title, and they were always unique. She was the brightest, and he was the strongest.

There was only one of them and for the strongest one, it was likely that no one could measure up and there were very few beings who were his ‘equal’... In his eyes, they could all be considered inferior beings and even her.

She was sometimes treated as someone young, and perhaps that was why he helped her the first time.

“How long until you release her?” Zack asked, looking at the Architect.

The little guy plopped down on the bed as if this was his home and, by the look he gave as he sat there and the constant frowning showed his grumpiness. To her it was amusing, for even his figure, though white in color, had the shape of a child.

A proof that he was adapting to her physical body.

Did he know he was adapting? Whether he knew it or not, it was obvious that he wanted to leave his body as soon as possible.

“It will take me a few days at most, maybe a week. This is like a jigsaw puzzle and it’s messy now. I have to put it back in order for her to come out,” replied the Architect without hiding her enjoyment of the cube in her hands and then, seeing him undeterred, she gave a smile and revealed. “Don’t worry, I’ve taken care of the authorities. Even though the City Sun hasn’t returned from his trip. I have spoken to the others.”

Elurien flashed a smile, but her golden skin was slightly pale and it was obvious that manifesting on the mortal plane was costing her, but she was working to avoid trouble.

The transcendental, also known as the ruler of the underworld, literally attacked the Tower and managed to defeat the City Sun and launch it into space, all while taking whoever she wanted. As if that wasn’t enough, he also showed that one of his subordinates was a Code Black on equal terms with the City Sun himself.

The authorities wouldn’t have let him go, not unless the Goddess of Dawn herself intervened and...

“The Last Defender also helped. She was the one who confirmed that the City Sun is in the planet’s sun and that it is alive. That lessened the aggression a bit,” Elurien said and, looking at him, added. “Well, I also confirmed that you are not evil and told them about the Unknown.”

The ‘Unknown’ such was the designation used to categorize the individual who attacked her and the one who was supposedly locked up next to her.

Had she known, she would have tried to warn the authorities, though she wasn’t sure if they would listen. That stranger had engaged her in battle and only something like the cube would have kept it sealed... And from what happened, it was obvious that it was she who was put into the cube and not that individual.

“When the City Sun returns, I will tell him the true story she told me,” Elurien said, looking at her and turning back to the transcendental, he added. “So don’t worry, Zack.”

She instead of being called ‘brightest transcendental’ was addressed as ‘she’ and the strongest transcendental was called Zack and that transcendental nodded indifferently.

Was he used to using names? He, from the start, was introduced as Zack, the strongest transcendental of all, and to her it was curious.

A name... It sounded interesting, but such a name needed to be given by someone she recognized, and she stared at the one who rescued her.

“Is something wrong?” Zack asked, tilting his head as he met her gaze and seeing that she didn’t respond, he questioned. “Is it because of the City Sun? We would have crushed it when we had the chance. I simply needed you to ask me.”

He sounded so confident talking about crushing the individual who burned mental power and practically destroyed space, but that’s how someone who was known as the ‘strongest transcendental’ should talk... He was one of a kind, just like she was, but it was clear that the difference in strength was huge and the confidence in strength as well.

Who could imprison that kind of transcendental?

She was more curious about who put him away rather than who she was up against and having that question, she lowered her head for a second and then raised her head back up.

His purple eyes met her light blue eyes and....

“I will set you free,” she announced with determination.

Unlike what she had expected, he looked at her carefully for a second and then gave her a smile.

He had taken the form of a boy, but the purple eyes could not hide the mystery and depth that only ancient beings had. Such a glow showed for a second before disappearing in a look of relaxation.

“I’ll be waiting for you.” He said calmly.

He sounded excited, but he was also hiding something else and the brighter transcendental simply kept her calm. She had promised him that she would release him and when she did, she would ask him for a name.

She didn’t know what he would do, but whatever it was, she would like to follow him, at least for a while.

After all, releasing him felt like too little to repay what he did for her... At least, that’s what she told herself.

2