Chapter 69: To convince them…
142 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What? Are you rookies going to run for guild master next?" Someone from the crowd called, and Jean frowned.

"Who are you calling a rookie? You have just a year here!" Jean snapped and the boy's eyes blazed.

"Do you want an honor duel, Firebolt? Why should we all enter a giant platoon with you as the leader?" Jean was annoyed. Just when had they said that?

"If you have listened, you would have heard we nominated Alektos as the team leader," Morris deadpanned. The boy grew silent, probably not wanting to piss off one of the best tanks in the guild.

"And if you had listened, you would have heard I declined," Alektos snapped. He didn't want to work with platoon 23. They were danger magnets.

More the Try Hard Party than the Budding Lilies, but the Try Hard Party's penchant for getting in trouble had gotten some civilians killed recently. Or so he had heard.

"Come on, Alektos. You are the most level-headed among us. You led us to Samkiel's tomb," Morris whined, and a couple of eyebrows rose.

"You call level-headed, not even bothering to ask for permission before one goes in a dungeon?" Antonia snapped and Alektos blushed. Yes, she had him there.

"He got us out alive," Dorian argued, and Antonia snorted.

"You got out alive because you had a competent healer," Leander blinked at that. Wait, was he hearing right? "I mean, I haven't seen anyone use quick heals that fast."

Eyes turned to Leander, and he rubbed the back of his head.

"I train with this healer named Tom. If I don't use the quick heal fast enough, he hits me over the head," a couple of chuckles spread through the crowd.

"Look, if you want to help us all pass, then tell us all about the training you are getting. That mana augmentation that lets even the healer run fast is something we can all benefit from," Aros told them, and platoon 23 shared a look. Much to everyone's amusement, they did a group huddle.

"Why not?" Armaros asked, after seeing the frowns on the rest of the platoon members.

"Never give knowledge for free," Alberta told him. Armaros sighed.

"But, the guild will be stronger if we share," Armaros argued.

"We can share, but not for free. Alektos has a special bash technique that I have been dying to ask him about," Dorian's eyes were shining with greed.

"Well, I shared what I invented for free. It is my body augmentation technique. And I say that we share with everyone. Dorian, your hand better gets in the middle, or I won't teach your guys new things," Dorian looked at Armaros pleadingly, but the dungeon core was unmoved. With a sigh, he placed his hand in the middle.

"We will teach you a couple of tricks," Armaros agreed for the entire platoon. "But you have to promise to at least do joined training with us. We are not that bad, you won't regret it."

"If we have the time for it, right guys?" Alektos spoke and a couple of others nodded.

Leander and Armaros were left to explain the body augmentation, with Armaros being there to demonstrate and correct and Leander to heal, in case someone didn't do it right.

The six remaining members of platoon 23 dragged their feet to a small corner with lined dummies by the wall.

"For the record, I didn't think it would work," Jean murmured, and everyone sighed.

"It would have been nice if we got the entire guild to work together. I mean, what if that was what the guild master wanted from us?" Lilia inhaled and then balled her fists. "It is almost like they don't think we are all a single guild, but single adventurers!"

"Not almost, it is exactly like it is," Dorian said, and he took his shield off his back. "How was it again? We tap them and they fall?"

"Say, Dorian. How about we do a joined charge, with you doing something like the whirlwind strike?" Morris suggested.

"You want me to twirl around with this?" Dorian raised his shield high. No tank had an attack like a berserker's whirlwind strike, bash, or whatever they called it.

"Do you know what will really give us a leg up? Attacking without screaming the attacks," Alberta suggested. Everyone blinked at her.

"How are we going to focus our mana?" Florifel asked her. It was important for an attack to be shouted, so the adventurer could mold their mana. It was in the adventurer's handbook.

"Well, we can imagine something. Half the time, people forget the name of the attack. But, do they forget to make a barrage of scorpion bolts or a fireball? No," Everyone became thoughtful at that.

"We need to get Armaros and Leander here and practice for an hour. Then, mana augmentation and after whatever Armaros has for us," Dorian turned around and went in the direction of the crowd. There were healers in there. It was not like Leander was the only healer aside from Valerie. They could fix any blunders that happened. 

When the tank reached his partners, they both looked annoyed.

"No, Alektos, the mana in the middle has to be calm like water in a bucket," Armaros called, and the tank huffed and stormed off.

"They are not telling us the real technique since we didn't follow them."

"Like the Hell am I following, Jean!"

"Come on, everyone, let us go train the normal way!"

The crowd dispersed and Armaros bit his bottom lip until it bled.

"I tried to teach them, but they rush through everything. What, do they think they can master it in seconds?" Armaros snapped and Leander patted his back.

"You tried. That is what is important," Dorian said, and he waved the two over. "We spoke about a couple of things. But we are not going to try to share with the others. Seeing as they don't want to hear from us."

The three went to the group and Dorian filled in Armaros and Leander on the game plan. Armaros grinned so brightly, everyone was afraid his face will split open.

8