Chapter 6 – Xia Qiu
938 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 - Xia Qiu

 

...

 

“What is this restaurant that you have recommended to me?”

 

Li Qu asked Xia Qiu as they slowly walked to the restaurant located just down the street.

Xia Qiu excitedly replied,

“You don’t know! That restaurant, I have seen their journey ever since it was just a start-up! They’re crowded every day and it was the talk of the town! In just a few months, Misherin sent out agents undercover to taste their food and gave them their first Misherin star only a short three months after they officially opened for business!”

Xia Qiu blabbered an ungodly amount of words like a machine gun in just a few breaths, rendering Li Qu speechless as how fast she could talk and switch her personality.

Xia Qiu stopped and muttered a ‘Nooo!’ and blushed when she realized her blunder.

Li Qu smiled knowingly and teased her, “That seems like a rather rare talent you have there.”

Xia Qiu’s blush deepened, and her face looked like a tomato with steam emitting on top of her head. A train honk can be mysteriously heard somewhere.

 

They then proceeded to enter the restaurant as they had reached their destination.

Ding Dong!

“Hello guests, welcome to Z’s Yin Yang Fusion Restaurant! Do you have any reserv-“

“O-oh! Miss Xia, esteemed guest! Welcome, the VIP room 8 reserved for you will be ready right away. Please give me a minute while I guide you to your room.”

The receptionist recognized Xia Qiu and she bowed. She ordered the staff working there to quickly prepare the room.

“Miss Xia, and your… boyfriend? Please follow me as I guide you to your room.”

The receptionist asked with a seemingly innocent look while she slightly tilted her head.

Xia Qiu blushed and hurriedly shook her head

“N-no! He’s not my boyfriend… He’s someone I just met and g-“

“Why am I explaining to you so much!”

As flustered as Xia Qiu was, the receptionist acted as if she did not to hear her jumbled speech and continued guiding them to their room.

As the trio was walking to the room, Li Qu observed the restaurant.

The public space was bustling and crowded, just as Xia Qiu described. With waiters hurrying everywhere to serve customers their food.

Their food would most probably not be that bad if there were so many customers.

‘A pretty prosperous place. Hopefully their food will not be too disappointing, and this Xia Qiu…’

Though Li Qu as they arrived just right outside the door of the VIP room.

“Apologies to Miss Xia for my impoliteness, the room is ready. Please tell our staff what you would like, the menu is on the table and most importantly, please enjoy.”

The receptionist bowed once again and ordered her staffs to bring in an assortment of snacks to wait for the dishes to be served.

“The service of the staffs working here is pretty exceptional.”

 

Li Qu commented, to which Xia Qiu agreed as she forgot about the minor incident just now.

“I told you so! The food here is really really good! When you try it you would feel like you’re floating to heaven and the mushroom soup with fried fritters is phenomenal~ Just like their restaurant name, Fusion, they mix Hua Country’s specialty with specialties from other countries. It’s truly a delight!”

Xia Qiu blabbered on as she forgot that her personality was acting up again. It seemed like she was always like that when food was involved. Or maybe only with people that she feels comfortable with.

Li Qu smiled and just as he was about to talk, a young man barged in and announced loudly,

“What the f*ck is this? A cosplayer and a b*tch? You cancelled my reservation just for these two?!”

The young man appeared refined at first glance, granted that the ugly face he was making was ignored.

Wearing a suit and tie, but his behavior was the total opposite of the word refined.

 

Li Qu initially frowned as he hated being interrupted, but on second thought, he looked on with interest at the scene that was about to unfold.

‘This...! I want to see, this cliché restaurant scenario! This scene was something that only appeared in the legendary books that I have read a few hundred years ago. This is really happening! But…’

He was thinking about the typical wuxia troupe books he read back then when he was bored out of his mind, Li Qu was getting excited by the thought of this happening to himself.

The reason why he was so intrigued was because his cultivation was too high and he was too well known in his past life, everywhere he went, everyone avoided him like a plague as though they were scared of offending one of the most notorious man alive.

As such, he had no chance of encountering interesting situations like this.

But he stared at the door of the room, his gaze seemingly piercing through the walls to look outside.

‘What is up next?! This life is really interesting, just not even half a day in and I am already having fun. I am really glad that I have the chance to live once again.’

Li Qu withdrew his gaze and looked like he was deep in thought within his own imagination of the next scenario, while Xia Qiu frowned at the sudden noise and barging in of the seemingly refined man.

“What is this wild dog doing here? Get him away from my sight right now.”

Xia Qiu face crumpled and as if the bubbly personality from before was a façade, she gave an order to thin air as if there was someone else present in the room.

Suddenly, a black shadow zoomed past the staffs standing outside the door with apologetic looks and stopped beside the raging young man.

“Miss Xia, Ying is here. Apologies for the disturbance! I-I was at the toilet just now! This would not happen ever again. Please forgive me!”

“No more next time. My mood has been ruined by this dog here. Do what you must."

 

Xia Qiu's tone was as cold as ice.

“I understand, please take care, Miss Xia.”

Ying bowed and was sweating profusely as he realized that he had made a huge mistake.

“W-what are you doing huh?! Do you really think you can get away with this disrespect in front of me?! Do you know who I am?! I a- mmmhhppmh”

 

Even Ying could not tolerate his loud mouth and covered it with his hand while quickly dragging him away from their sight while he was still trying to bark like a mad dog.

Li Qu stared at Ying dragging the young man away and silently thought.

‘He had been following us ever since a while ago. As I thought, she is not that simple.’

 

...

26