Character Profiles
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dr. Bertold Vanderbilt:

Started his career as an apprentice in a small clinic tucked away in the boonies where he later volunteered to be a field doctor,  feeling compelled to practice medicine in the most desperate situation he could find. Served in two wars, one on the mainland and one in the colonies where he first met his future wife, Colonel Adrigga Camino. During his service he pushed for improved conditions in the medical field, even going so far as to threaten a few officers, and won a few medals including a purple heart and a guardian angel. After the war he spent quite some time in the colonies with his wife where he gained a reputation for thorough treatment despite lacking tools and foresight on matters of risk. Later on he served as a doctor during the Smallpox outbreak of the 30's, the Cholera outbreak in the 40's, and the Tuberculosis outbreak later that decade. After which he temporarily retired to take care of his family. He decided to become Minister of Health in New Winstam around 6-7 years later when he found he could not stay away from the medical world.

Mr. Jacob ???

Jacob grew up on the streets of the red light district of New Winstam, not even knowing his own last name. He dreamed of becoming someone of importance, someone who could help children like him or clean up these shady districts. He found work as a courier, then a bodyguard and an enforcer once he got older to pay for his education, earning near top scores for his class. Once he graduated from regular school he managed to scrounge up money for higher education in mathematics and social theory in the hopes of becoming an administrator and grasping some real power. He forced himself to speak politely in order to avoid offending the professors and his fellow students. Unfortunately his grades were mediocre at best and scraping the barrel at worst, so he was forced to become a bureaucrat and didn't get a choice on where he worked. Later on he was assigned to the Ministry of Health where Vanderbilt started casually ordering him to do high profile tasks.

Nurse Eleanor Karpfrinstein

Eleanor was born shortly outside of New Winstam in a nearby town. As a child she was constantly afflicted with wanderlust and soon found she had explored the entire town and nearby forest, so she started ruthlessly studying everything she could find. But it was never enough, Eleanor wanted to go out, to explore! And she figured that volunteer work would let her do that. Nurse Eleanor started her career training to be a volunteer nurse in the Coalition Against Disease charity/volunteer group. Soon quitting the organization and hopping from hospital to hospital gaining dislike for her frank disgust at the conditions she found and the city as a whole. She especially disliked the black specific hospitals which had highlights such as molding cracks in the walls and communal surgical rooms. Shortly afterwards, she met Dr. Vanderbilt when he came to investigate the hospitals.

Mr. Emmanuel Clein

Growing up in a family of service workers, Mr. Clein grew up in old Winstam. Early on in his life he was dumped into a sewage pit by a neighborhood bully, gaining a severe case of germaphobia and a reclusive personality that doesn't display strong emotion lightly. The night he got covered with sewage he scraped his skin so hard it bled and continued to do so all over his body. He, over a course of a decade, gained a certain amount of control over his germapbobia and managed to do cleaning work with some difficulties. But he got better at it and soon enough no longer got himself dirty while cleaning. He gained a reputation in old Winstam for his amazing service and completely clean outfits and gained some confidence in himself as a bonus. Later on he met Dr. Vanderbilt when he came to investigate Polio.

1