Side bit: Coffee v. Tea
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The feud between coffee and tea is a legendary saga in the world of beverages. Coffee has traditionally been an upper class drink, with the supply of coffee beans controlled and many differeing breeds of the bean in existance, whearas tea is the drink of the working man, with some particularly unfortunate souls trying to make it with the leaves of Oaks or Birches, trees that have in no way suit tea. 

Coffee is said to have been discovered three thousand years ago when a hyperactive courier ran into the castle of the king, shouting about the wonder bean along once he got inside. He then produced some from his pack and boiled it into a drink, he then presented it towards the king. The king took a sip, and exclaimed that this drink must have been made by god to give mortals a taste of heaven. He ordered it distributed to the court and planted a garden full of the bean. The court became the place to be for the upper class, the highest home of fashion, learning, and etiquette the world has ever seen.

The origin of tea is much less glamorous. It is said that a group of travelers met in a forest during a famine. Starving as they were they ate all the bark off the trees, gnawed on the blades of all of the grass, and sifted through the dirt, desperate to find food. Finally, they were left with the leaves, but they were too thin, too unfilling. So they gathered the leaves into a large pot over a campfire and filled it with water, for they hoped to create a mush. But as the fire burned the leaves inside the pot burnes with it and filled the water with a brilliant color, as if it were infused with life itself. The hungering folk drank of the water and shouted in delight! This was the best thing they had ever tasted! By the next famine, many were indulging in the life water, which would later be known as tea.

Teahouses have been homes for rebellious sentiment while Coffeehouses have served  duty as hair salons and have been a hone for high-class gossip. The King of the Empire has been known to frequent coffeehouses during his free time, though he cannot do so casually since the streets around it needed to be blocked off. Tea and Coffee have always been major players in world history, for the sole reason that their taste is a rare thing to see in a beverage.

1