Chapter 141: Just Kill Me Already…
1.2k 10 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiro: "Don't go here, Touka. I'll take care of it myself. We'll need your power when facing Walpurgisnacht."

Touka: "Wait a minute, Walpurgisnacht?! Will we face it right now?!"

Roman: "Calm down, Touka. Our preparations should work... Maybe."

Touka: "That didn't help."

Roman sighed with the thought of their final enemy arriving right at this moment. They've already completed the initial preparations, but it's better if they've done more of it.

With the help of his [Void Archive] and Touka's [Tyrant's Eye], they should have the proper fighting chance against it. Though, more doubts would only appear once he knows about Sayaka's fake Quasi-Demon state. If she possessed such power similar to Touka's, he'll know that this battle is a very difficult one.

Still, his confidence is not unfounded. Through a certain blueprint stored in [Void Archives] and their knowledge regarding magic, they managed to create a cannon that worked in a similar way to Goetia's [Ars Almadel Salomonis]. It converted the Origin Power into conceptual heat which will incinerate everything on its way.

Since the blueprint once worked against the Herscherr of the End, the omnipotent one, it'll have an effect against every being that exists in this world.

(A/N: Its referring to the Selene that was used against the Final Herscherr in Previous Era.)

"It summons forth natural disasters and lifts off buildings and throws it to the enemy? It should have powers related to space or gravity at the very least...

*****

Once Touka had read Shiro's message, she stopped on a rooftop before chatting with Roman. She surmised that Shiro must be facing that enemy right now, so she didn't choose to bother him.

"What's the matter, Takanashi-san?" 

The girl besides her asked. She's now at her Magical Girl form with her witch's hat hanging on her back. She wears a gold-red top that exposed her midriff and a poncho above it. Meanwhile, she wears a short and a long white stockings on her legs.

"Shiro told me that he'll finish it off himself."

"The origin of that dark presence? Will he be alright..?" Kaede asked.

"He definitely will. He won't die even if he's killed, you know?"

"Is that so..."

After mentioning it, Touka is about to jump off that rooftop when she recalled something and asked:

"Do you know anything about the Walpurgisnacht?"

"Walpurgisnacht... It's an unpleasant memory."

Kaede began telling what she knew about it. She told Touka that information about is is especially prominent in her ward. There's even talks about an organization intentionally making it stronger for unknown reasons...

"But what's strange about it is that... the organization stopped their actions suddenly. The rumors about the Walpurgisnacht had stopped, too."

"...If they suddenly stopped, then there's a high chance that they achieved their goal..."

Kaede had a sudden realization as she replied, "The Walpurgisnacht became even stronger?"

Both of them went silent for a while before Touka broke it with her usual flat voice.

"Looks like our battle will be even harder."

*****

After sending that message, Shiro placed Sayaka's body inside her [Dimensional Storage] while her Soul Gem is placed into a cube where time is stagnated. It is made possible with the use of engraved magic circles and of course a few [Origin Crystals].

Just as Shiro is about to use [Aurora Curtain], Kyuubey appeared not far away from her.

"This is interesting. You also have the power to transform emotions into energy. Looks like you're really not that simple." It said as it tilted its head curiously.

Shiro ignored Kyuubey as she produced an [Aurora Curtain] leading to their trump card this time.

"From the looks of it, Kaname Madoka wouldn't have a chance to become a Magical Girl."

"She wouldn't." Shiro retorted with a snort.

"While I do not understand you humans well, I believe that you are all complex, but also simple at the same time. If-"

Kyuubey didn't even have the chance to finish its words when a bright red flame descended, burning it to crisp. Unsurprisingly, another Kyuubey took its place.

"With Kaname Madoka's karmic value, it is possible for the universe's end to be prevented. What's wrong with sacrificing the few to save it?" Kyuubey genuinely asked.

Shiro paused for a while as she remembered someone, the Magus Killer. In a sense, both the Incubators and Kiritsugu have Utilitarianism as their philosophy, which is looking at the greater end of a choice.

She knew about how Kyuubey and his gang had used Magical Girls as a source of power to prevent entropy (the natural "death" of matter when their energy are exhausted). Hence, their Chain QUESTS except Kyuubey's elimination was completed some time ago.

To be honest, she found it completely reasonable. However...

"That's your perception of 'right'. However, yours and mine differs. We all act based on our interests, aren't we?"

Without waiting for a reply, Shiro stepped into the [Aurora Curtain] and left.

"Truly an interesting human." It said before disappearing in its place.

On the other hand, Shiro arrived at the place where they placed the cannon which is an empty plot of land. With her points and money-making skills, buying a few property in this world is very easy.

"Those guys didn't touch this preparation. Looks like they really don't intervene directly." She muttered as she saw the huge arrays of magic circles untouched.

In the center of it is the cannon. Once the [Origin Crystals] are placed in the cores of the sub-circles, it'll be continuously sent into the cannon called [Magical Railgun]. It is named as such due to both Shiro and Roman's taste. They saw a good Light Novel from Dengeki Bunko, thus they were inspired to call it as such.

Truthfully, it looked closer to a railgun than a cannon. Though, it is still fundamentally a cannon since it doesn't use electromagnetic force to launch projectiles. Instead, it converts origin power (also called as True Ether) into heat.

Without much to do, Shiro used up the remaining Soul Points to level up on both her professions, which made her reach the 5th Rank on both Grand Knight and Grand Magician. Their unique "Domains" are already open to her, too. It's just that it isn't too helpful at her current stage.

Still, the physical energy from [The King's Body] was further unlocked. This made it so that her current stats are monstrous. From the previous 2,500 improvements in Shiro's stats, it's now at 5,000!

Add to that the multipliers that she has that came from [Ninth Heaven's Nine Doors], just the basic Strength and Dexterity stats alone surpassed 35,000. With the buffs, her two stats increased to 70,000.

Under the usage of the [Tail Gear] and [Ittou Shura], it can be as high as 7,000,000! It is thanks to this that defeating Sayaka became possible. After all, Ascendant Gods in his power system are all under 50,000,000 stat points. 

Above those are the Main Gods, in which their stats can reach hundreds of millions.

"Finally." Shiro spoke when she sensed Roman's presence nearby. 

When he arrived, what he saw is a young girl with a pair of twintails. She also wore some strange skintight outfit, making Roman think that she's another Magical Girl from somewhere.

"You're a Magical Girl? Where did you come from?"

Though, what surprised him is the young girl looking back at him with a deadpan face. It literally screamed 'I want everything to end'. But alas, the gear will go to a cooldown after Shiro deactivates it, leaving her with no choice but for it to remain active until the end.

She simply sat down on the ground while murmuring, "Just kill me already."

Dozens of seconds had passed, and the silence between them got broken once Roman connected all the dots together. Black and white hair, orange pupils, and her appearing in this secured area means...

"YOU'RE SHIRO?!"

*****

A/N: To those interested in a mini science class, here it is:

Entropy is the state of matter where their energy is exhausted, thus they go to a "sleep/inactive" state. That's why I quoted "death" earlier. As for Kyuubey's end of the world stuff, it is completely true. It is based on the "Heat Death of the Universe", whereas the energy in it is exhausted. Stars will be inactive, black holes will disappear, and there won't be any form of "energy" left, leaving a Universe with "nothing" in it. Though, the reason why matter go into "sleep" is due to the Law of Conservation of Mass; it can't be created nor destroyed.

Of course, Kyuubey explained this in an oversimplified manner during Madoka Magica. There are even some holes in it...

PS: I'm dying due to the projects that I'm doing right now. I apologize in advance if I do miss a chapter or two...

61