Chapter 4: Discussion
462 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Geez, it looks rough in here. Who even decided on this initial design anyways? I much prefer the white void of my previous life, even if it does get a little creepy whenever visitors stop by. Seriously, who decided to make it so that foreign entities only have a grainy outline?"

 

The sister appeared in a dark sewer that was currently in shambles. Broken pipes lay on the ground and the water was violently sloshing against the walls. The lights were flickering and some paths were collapsed. Ignoring that, the sister, who now appeared to be in her 20s, began walking slowly above the water. She walked for a few minutes before appearing in front of a still-unconscious red fox.

 

"Hey, sleepyhead. Wake up. I have a few questions to ask you."

 

The fox's eyes shot open when the sister poked its nose and it quickly retreated as far back as the derelict sewer would allow. It readied itself to pounce.

 

"How dare you try to trap me! I'll kill y-"

 

"Yeah, no."

 

At the sister's command, countless dark hands rose from the sewage and pinned the fox down, specifically targeting its mouth.

 

"Like I said before, I have a few questions for you. I'm not going to bother waiting for your consent- I doubt you'll give it anyways. Now then, you seem to be a primordial being, at least on this planet. Do you know what's wrong with the energy here? It makes my head feel like it's full of static. By the way- I would like to remind you that I'm currently in power here. Please mind your manners," the sister said, allowing the shadowy hands near the fox's mouth to disperse. It opened and closed its mouth a few times before speaking.

 

"…There is nothing wrong with the energy on this planet. Every human alive can use chakra perfectly fine. Perhaps you're just incompetent," the fox spat out.

 

"So it's called chakra? It seems that it's fundamentally different from the mana of my home. Well, I didn't expect much from that question anyways. I doubt anyone besides a being born at the beginning of time would know the answer to it. Alright, next question. Why did you go on a rampage?"

 

The fox's fur stood on end and it bared its fangs.

 

"I was manipulated by some damned Uchiha bastard! The second I tried to escape my prison he trapped me in an illusion."

 

Though the fox was livid, it appeared somewhat downtrodden as well.

 

"You were imprisoned? I can see that you have a lot of hatred in you, but it doesn't seem to be a reason to keep you locked away. Well, we can get to that later. My last question is: what is this world? What is it like, how advanced is it, is it peaceful- and if not, what is the main method of combat?"

 

The fox seemed slightly surprised at the string of odd questions, but decided to speak regardless.

 

"I'm not sure how to answer most of this. This world is my home. I don't know how advanced it is, but the world is anything but peaceful. On this continent there are frequent wars between shinobi where the blood of both the innocent and the guilty is spilled for the gain of only the few who are in power. Shinobi use large scale jutsu that can destroy villages in mere moments. Is there anything else you want to know? I'd like to leave."

 

"Although I'd like to hear more about jutsu sometime soon, I'll leave it at that. However, do you have anything you would like to ask me? Due to various factors, if I were to open the door to my mind and allow you to leave, I would die myself. As such, we're going to be stuck together for a little while. I am partially at fault for all of this, so as an apology, ask any question you wish and I will answer it with complete honesty." The fox pondered for a moment.

 

"Who are you? Why did you trap me? You're clearly some sort of foreign being, what are you planning to do to this planet?" The fox eyed the sister intently while asking these questions.

 

"Those are easy to answer, for the most part, at least. As it stands, I do not have a name since I was just born and my parents were killed in your rampage. However, I am a person that has lived through countless lives, and by chance of fate, I was reborn in what appears to be a different universe from my own. As for why I trapped you, it's as I said earlier: I feel that I am mostly at fault for your rampage. I used a spell that briefly tore through the fabric of the universe and I believe that may have damaged whatever imprisoned you. To atone for this, I took in as much energy of yours as I could into my body, damaging my soul in the process. If I were to answer your final question in a somewhat roundabout way, I have been reborn more times than you can imagine and I have only destroyed a countable number of planets. Statistically speaking, this planet will more than likely be fine. I only wish to live through my life and gain more experiences. If I am not unduly targeted by this world, then everything will be fine. I also wouldn't worry about being trapped. If you're willing, I'll let you out as soon as I'm able, though I hope you won't go on another rampage the second I let you out. It takes a lot of energy to seal things in here, you know!"

 

"You're willing to set me free?"

 

"Of course! I have no reason to keep you here. Besides, there's a few other freeloaders that show up every now and then and I would rather not mediate a fight between all of you. Well, I should probably get going. It seems that I'm being brought to a shelter where I may need to pay closer attention to what's happening outside. I'll let you use my eyes and ears to observe the world. Let me know if you need anything, I plan on remodeling this dreary sewer once I recover some so if you have any requests for that, don't hesitate to ask. Also, once I finally receive a name, would you tell me yours?" the sister asked the fox, who was slowly stretching. She had long since set him free but he took a moment to get up again.

 

"…Fine. Although I hardly believe most of the words you've spoken, there doesn't seem to be any possible explanation besides yours. No reincarnated being should have the power to capture me, just like that. If what you've said is true, I will tell you my name. However, if you have told me even one lie, I would rather expend all of my chakra and take my own life instead of telling you."

 

"Great! I'll be seeing you soon!"

 

The sister gave the fox a smile and flitted out of existence, leaving the fox in a sewer that felt significantly more spacious without her presence.

 

"How terrifying… Yet, she seems trustworthy. Perhaps I'm growing old if my senses are this dull. I couldn't sense any negative intentions at all…"

 

AN:
Haha out of character fox go brrr. Seriously I should work on my characterization and tailoring of dialogue to specific characters. It's surprisingly tough!

 
22