Chapter 24 & 25 – Halloween Feast?
411 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[This is second of the chapters that were released today. Please read the last one before reading this.]

“I have never been so proud. The man you have become….”

Cloud lay in his childhood bed, hearing the woman’s voice with blonde hair, the color like his own, and blue eyes.

“Women must be hounding you day and night.”

“Not really.”

“You know there are all kinds of temptations in the big city. I’d feel a lot better if I knew you’d found a good girl—one who’d make sure you didn’t get into trouble.”

Cloud turned on, hiding, facing away from her, “I can take care of myself.”

“An older, more mature girl that could keep you on the straight and narrow—and tell you when you are being silly. That’s the perfect type for you, I’d say.”

‘Hah,’ Cloud opened his eyes, closing them again, hearing the voices around him.

“He’s asleep?”

“Yes.”

“So, he won’t be practicing?”

“Hehe, yeah. I’d love to see him practice, but I never saw him do that. Leave him be; come on, let’s see how you are in the field.”

Cloud gently opened his eyes, looking at the world sideways, blinking, “That sounds wrong.”

“Huh?” Tifa turned back in his gaze, looking at him, tilting her head to see him, “Keep sleeping, Cloud.”

Cloud curled the corner of his lips into a smile, closing his eyes, resting on a soft thigh. The palm of her hand, her soft palm, thin fingers stroked his hair. He liked this feeling when he peered inside his mind, wondering why hers was memorable and nostalgic, and came to this memory of his mother.

Cloud sat up, feeling his body heavier than usual, slowly blinking, looking at the cloudy blue sky, listlessly sitting there.

“Cloud?” Aerith inched closer to him, placing her palm on his, leaning forward to look at his face, his expression.

“It’s nothing.”

“Really?” Aerith raised her eyebrows, narrowing her eyes.

Cloud glanced towards her and, seeing her stern look put a smile on his lips, “It was a dream…and now I am starting to wonder…was that my memory or his?”

“His? Oh,” Aerith looked at him and looked away. She knew who was the one he talked about.

Zack Fair. He was a SOLDIER who dreamt of being a Hero and left his house and village at thirteen. Sometime later, he became Second Class Soldier in Shinra’s Army under the tutelage of Angeal Hathway and later became the First Class Soldier.

And sometime after that, she met him, and the two were mutually attracted.

But that didn’t last long since he had to go on too many missions, and then one day, he disappeared. She knew why he disappeared in her timeline because she got to see the truth of the first timeline.

During the Nibelheim Incident, also during that time, Zack became Cloud’s friend. Still, after the incident, when both had somehow managed to defeat Sephiroth and were too injured to resist, they were taken by the Shinra and experimented on.

Once they woke up, or Zack did and being the man who wanted to be the Hero, he didn’t leave his friend behind. Zack was on the run from Shinra for a year, fighting against their forces and caring for Cloud, even though Cloud couldn’t speak or even think. He was chaotic.

That year, Zack told everything about himself to Cloud, sharing his fond memories, dreams, adventures, friendships, and above his lover, her. And he even managed to reach Midgar, but the whispers stopped him and made sure his life ended as it was Fated.

Even though his mind was broken, somewhere inside that was Cloud Strife, and watching Zack die was too much of an ordeal for him. He suffered another breakdown, taking in everything Zack had told him in the past year and everything he was. And Cloud’s dreams and aspirations created a new memory for him.

From then on, Cloud, an infantryman, albeit a talented one, became Cloud Strife, First Class Soldier. He carried everything, Zack’s dreams, fighting style, and honor; that day, he became a Living Legacy of Zack Fair and one of the reasons he was attracted to her when she first saw him. Though, things might be different now.

As someone who knew Zack Fair and knew of most things that happened in the First Timeline, “Which one? I’ll be able to tell.”

Cloud raised his palm, cupping her cheek, wiping her tear, “Ok. Stop crying then.”

Aerith wriggled her lips, wiping her tears, “Which one?”

Cloud leaned back on the chair, looking at Tifa fly, practicing, “It was one of my mother’s memories…I think. I probably went back to my hometown, and she was preparing food.”

He looked down, smiling nostalgically, “And told me how proud she was of me. Wondering if the girls hounded me day and night.”

Aerith chuckled, leaning over him, “What else?”

“I told her no…so she said a mature girl, who would keep me straight and narrow, tell me that I am being silly… that’s the perfect girl for me.”

“Is that so?” Aerith giggled, putting her hands together, “This I gotta tell Tifa.”

“What is it?”

“Cloud…I can be sure that memory is yours, so treasure it,” Aerith giggled, taking a deep breath, “Your mother. She was wise. Very smart.”

“Mm…Thank you. Aerith.”

“Yeah…” Aerith stopped giggling, taking the palm of his hand in hers, interlocking their fingers.

Cloud sat with her, slowly saying what he wished for most, “I want to see them again.”

“I do too…Cloud.”

Cloud hesitated, pulling his hand away from hers and leaving without saying anything.

Aerith didn’t follow him but looked at his back and lovingly smiled, chuckling in her mouth, whispering, “I am willing to share you with Tifa…that speaks volumes…Silly Cloud.”

She plopped down on the chairs beside her, puffing her cheeks and closing her eyes. She was sulking when she felt the sunlight falling on her face being blocked.

Aerith opened her eyes to see Cloud crouching in front of her, making her blink as she looked into his gorgeous eyes, shifting them towards his tempting lips.

He leaned forward, parting his lips, clasping her between his, making Aerith widen her eyes. Her eyes trembled, and she closed them, kissing him back, only for him to pull away.

Aerith took a hot breath, opening her eyes, “What was that?”

“Tell me when I am being silly next time.”

“Yeah…” Aerith fixed her eyes on his lips, “Won’t you continue.”

“I think. I am going to wait a year or two. For you to grow up,” Cloud stood up, holding a smile on his lips, walking away.

As she sat up, Aerith took offense, parting her lips, “Cloud!! You are being silly!! Very silly!!! Super big silly!”

Cloud spread his fingers out, and his broom appeared in his hand. He sat down on it, raising himself in the air, turning around to fly, and stopping in front of her. His eyes met with her smug and shy smile on his lips, “I know.”

Aerith bit her lip, watching him fly away, taking a deep breath, “Oh…that smile of his is unfair.”

It might look like Cloud was going to practice, but he was too cool. He would fly around the Hogwarts until satisfied, which he usually never was, and then return. She turned on her back, looking at the cloudy blue sky, raising her hand, covering it with the palm of her hand, “It’s far too big for me.”

The Quidditch Training happened three times a week, and Tifa and Cloud had to be here. She, however— always sneaked away so she could spend more time with them.

Oh, something Quidditch-related happened in the past two months. Harry showed off his talent for flying, and Professor Minerva saw that. Even though there wasn’t any need, she wanted them to teach him, for the next year or the year after, to make sure that Gryffindor kept winning even after Cloud and Tifa left.

With that, Harry had joined the Quidditch practices and was now practicing in the field. The practice took place three times a week.

After the training, they returned to the classes and became the new routine. The thing about Hogwarts was that it might be an exciting place, and the magic thing was great, but nothing interesting happened for the students. They got up; they trained, had classes, lunch, then more classes, maybe time for themselves in the evening where they studied, and then dinner.

And soon came the day of the Halloween Feast, though, in the evening, Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith had different plans.

“You two, what’s the occasion,” Angelina looked at the two girls, getting dressed as if they were going on a date, and suspiciously asked.

“No…we were trying new clothes on,” Tifa vaguely answered, “Anyway. We’d see you at the Feast?”

“Right,” Angeline suspiciously ran her eyes over them and shrugged, “Whatever. Although…Eh…do whatever you like.”

She adjusted her clothes and walked out of the dorm room, allowing Tifa and Aerith to breathe out in relief.

The two of them rushed out of their rooms and to the boy’s rooms, though on the stairs, they came across Fred and George, and the two wanted to hide.

Only the two understood when they saw and started grinning, “Ah, no wonder Cloud is sick.”

“Hehehe.”

Their teasing laughter resounded on the staircase, and at the same time, they got Cloud’s message through the system chat.

(Fred and George just left so that you can come over.)

Tifa winced, covering her face in embarrassment, “We should have asked.”

Aerith took a deep breath, raising her spirit, “Tifa…it’s still Cloud’s fault.”

Tifa felt the corner of her lips twitch and chuckled, “You are right. It’s Cloud’s fault.”

The two of them made their way inside the room, and Cloud was standing at the door, waiting for them. He invited them in, his face red with embarrassment, and the two weren’t any better.

“Hi,” Tifa cursed her mouth, but Cloud wasn’t any better than her.

“Hey.”

Aerith silently giggled, looking at their interaction, and pulled the two of them to the bed. Cloud’s bed.

It wasn’t the first time they had slept on it, and usually, they had to put preventive measures, so others didn’t find them, but today.

“No one is there…today,” Aerith sat down on the bed; the decorative candles and pumpkins filled the room, giving it ambiance.

Tifa hastily walked to the bed, keeping her eyes down, and as much as she wanted to run into the bedsheets and hide, she had to take a deep breath, turning to sit against the bed.

She could see Aerith’s grinning face, and Cloud’s shadow, his feet, and slowly she raised her head, parting her lips, “Cloud….”

Cloud himself was looking away, in embarrassment and shame, until he saw Aerith look, finally giving in. He measured all the courage in the world, more than he had ever needed, and bent forward to plant a kiss on the lips of the girl he had loved all his life.

It wasn’t the first time, but it sure felt like the first time he indeed heard her feeling. He wasn’t exactly at the front and center of the train; he was above their compartment, hearing them talk about everything.

It was the first time; he could be sure why his heart was racing was that…he, Cloud Strife…loved and always did love Tifa Lockhart.

Tifa gripped the edge of the bed, parting her lips further as her tongue met with his, slowly, sensually wresting their tongues against each other. His hand was on her head, holding her in place.

She closed her eyes, becoming spellbound by the kiss, which felt different from any she had with him. It wasn’t as if he had become better at kissing; instead, he was too good at it. She knew Cloud and attributed this to memories he possessed. But this one kiss was different…it was the kiss…the one she shared with the boy she fell in love with.

The two of them kissed, sitting up on the bed in a more comfortable position.

Aerith sat on the right side of the bed, watching their make-out session, and pouted, “I am starting to feel left out.”

“You left out?” Cloud sat up and furtively glanced at Tifa as he slowly moved, wondering if Tifa would stop him, much to Aerith’s annoyance.

She raised her body and cupped his cheek between her hands, stealing a kiss from his lips, “Too slow, Cloud.”

Tifa put her arm around Cloud’s abdomen, leaning closer, kissing the nape of his neck, nibbling his earlobe, whispering, “It’s okay…Cloud. You don’t have to see my permission when it comes to Aerith….”

She felt his tense body relax and pulled closer to him, kissing his shoulder, planting her lips on his upper arm’s skin since he wore a sleeveless turtleneck.

Others might not understand, but the three of them were the only ones here, and they were connected in ways that she couldn’t even understand, let alone the others. All she knew was she didn’t mind it.

As much as she would have loved for the moment to go on, the System ruined it when the virtual screens popped in front of them with a message.

[Congratulations. The Party has gained a new Party Skill. Harem.]

Tifa bit her lips, “I feel strangely offended.”

“Yay!” Aerith hugged Cloud’s head, “Cloud, you are part of my Harem!”

“It’s the other way around,” Cloud noisily breathed out at her antics, and to change the topic, he used telekinesis that he had mastered the basics of in the last few years.

A few things move, simultaneously separating into layers; the pillow, sheets, mattress, and folded paper were pulled in the palm of his hand.

“Marauder’s Map?”

Aerith did get distracted, “Oh, are you worried that someone might come and see us?”

“That’s a good idea,” Tifa was all for it since she didn’t want to be caught. Marauder’s Map was something that Fred and George stole in the first year, and they had gotten more than a few benefits for it.

Sometimes they borrowed it, but most times, they didn’t need it unless they were sneaking into the Library to go into the Forbidden Section to hunt for books. Though, using it while making out to see if someone was coming or not was new, even to her.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

The map started unfolding, and while it did, Aerith clasped Cloud’s lips between hers, grinningly kissing him, leaving Tifa to look at the map and see if anyone was coming.

Like most nights, the footsteps visible on the map were next to none. And the halls and classrooms of Hogwarts were more than a bit deary. However, one thing that confused her was why everyone started moving after Professor Quirrell went inside the Hall.

“Eri, Cloud. Look at this,” Tifa shook them, asking them to look at the map, and as dazed as they were from the kissing, they did so, hearing the seriousness in her voice.

“Did something happen?” Aerith noticed the same thing as Tifa, but soon their eyes were attracted to the last thing they expected to see on the map.

“Is that a Troll?”

“Wait, why is Hermione there?”

Cloud let his mind wander off for a moment, ignoring the voices, and chose to go with one he had come to trust above the others, ‘Angeal Hewley.’

He summoned the Keyblade and stood up on the bed without as much as bending his knee or leaning forward. It was only possible because he had telekinetic powers. Either way, what mattered to him was that it looked cool.

“You two should go back to your rooms,” Cloud morphed the Keyblade into a broom and flew off the stairs without hearing their answer. To fly inside Hogwarts was nigh-impossible for any human or magician to do. Not in this cramped space, but it was different for a SOLDIER, who had their senses enhanced after being injected by Jenova Cells. Let alone Cloud, who was in the process of becoming Jenova.

Though even he had to come to a stop in front of the entrance and exit door and give the password to get out, when he did, there was little that could stop him from reaching her in them.

For some time now, he wielded two Keyblades. The Buster Sword Keyblade that he rarely used, and the Fenrir Keyblade, which he used as his Broomstick. He already knew she was in the girl’s bathroom on the first floor, and by the time he reached there, someone had already put a lock and chains around the handle to keep the room shut, and the girl’s screams, Hermione was coming from the inside.

It had only been a few months, and Hermione had come to know them more than she did her year mates. It was because of a simple reason; they studied in the Common Room, and Hermione wasn’t hesitant when t came to questioning. Every time she had one, she would ask and silently study.

They could do it because Tifa was as hardworking as Hermione, and Aerith didn’t care about the theory since she was blessed by the world and had command over all the practical uses of the magic. As for him, he had scientists, curious Soldiers, and power-hungry monsters in his head. He barely completed a line, and they were done reading the page. He barely completed the page, and these voices mastered the magic. He learned the magic, and they were already deciphering its possibilities.

He hated every moment, and it drove him to do better, burning the fire inside of him. So, it was for that reason that he came to acknowledge Hermione.

‘Cloud?’

Cloud felt a sharp pain in his head, and he knew whose voice it was.

‘You don’t need to make so many excuses to yourself,’ The man’s voice was like the wind on his back, clearing his mind.

He summoned the Buster Sword Keyblade that was already in the shape of Buster Sword and cut the door apart when the scream ended. His eyes widened, turning cat-like, and his reflexes hastened, taking in the room’s circumstances.

The troll was standing inches away from him and about to bash into the troll’s butt; in front of the troll was the girl who screamed. He swayed at the last moment, turning to the side, brushing past the troll, and took a sharp turn.

He put his hand forward, but she didn’t react, so he pulled her up before she even reacted. The broom dragged against the bathroom stalls as the Troll slammed his club, breaking them one after the other.

Hermione screamed again, and he held her closely, barely managing to make a turn, scraping against the wall and then another before pushing himself away from the wall, standing on the broom.

He came to a stop, finally, face to face with the troll, though he was upside down. It worked in his favor since he didn’t get the time to wear shoes. He used his toes to maintain the grip on the broom, stopping himself and Hermione from falling.

His palm faced forward towards the troll, “Bombarda Maxima.”

Bombarda was an explosion, and Bombarda Maxima could easily take down solid walls. The explosion caused the troll to be thrown back, the bathroom to be destroyed, and so were Cloud and Hermione.

Hermione screamed again, to the top of her voice, and Cloud morphed the broom into a cushy throne, which fell on the ground, and the two of them on it came to a stop.

Hermione tried to cream again, only for Cloud to cover her mouth before she could, “Stay quiet, or I’ll throw you.”

Hermione blinked with tears in her eyes, nodding, and Cloud gently dropped her to the floor.

“Ouch!”

She looked up, furious, “You said you won’t throw me if I stay quiet!”

Cloud leaned back on the throne, getting the chance to take a breath, “I never said that.”

“You implied!”

Cloud raised his eyes to look at the two boys standing outside the door, “What are you two doing here?”

“We-we-we…” Ron stuttered, and Harry took over and completed the sentence, “We heard Hermione was crying, and the troll was on the loose…so….”

“Oh,” Hermione looked towards them, almost thankful, only to feel Cloud getting on his feet, and the cushiony throne he created morphed again, turning into a broom.

He raised the Buster Sword, which was a little touch for him to wield, but he was ready to cut the head of the troll, shaking its head to snap itself out of the blast.

“Cloud! Stop!”

“Stop! Mr. Strife!”

Cloud stopped in the middle of the action, not because of the second voice but the first. He stopped, turning his Buster Sword into the wand, but rather than looking in the directions where the sounds of the Professors came from; he turned towards the direction where Aerith’s came.

Aerith stopped in front of him, bending forward, gasping for breath, “Don’t kill that one… it’s not evil.”

“It tried to kill me!” Hermione said in fear, though later she would regret saying this.

“It’s a bit stupid, but not evil,” Professor McGonagall came, with Professor Snape and Professor Quirrell following in her heels.

“Mr. Strife, thank you for stopping. But what exactly were you doing here?”

“I was feeling a bit sick…not a fan of Halloween. Then I heard her scream and came running, only to find her under attack by the troll.”

“Hm,” Professor Snape glanced towards the troll and back towards Cloud, darting his eyes between him and Aerith. The girl was trying to tell him something, the thing that was visible to all of them.

“Right. We can all see how sick you were feeling,” Professor Snape looked at the light kissing marks on his lips, cheek, neck, barely visible, but there, and even a mark on his neck.

He sighed, “You are lucky, Mr. Strife, that you are a better magician than a liar. Professor McGonagall?”

“Yes. Miss Granger. What were you doing down here?”

“I….”

Before Hermione could even speak, Aerith rushed over, wiping Cloud’s cheek and neck, giving him a look, interrupting Hemione, “I asked her to be on a look out for me.”

“Look out? Miss Gainsborough?”

Aerith stuck out her tongue, “On a look out for Tifa. In case…you know, she found us sneaking around.”

“Sneaking around,” Professor McGonagall raised her eyebrow, giving Cloud and Aerith an exasperated look, “All of you, -5 for each. Back to your houses.”

“Yes, Professor,” Aerith blinked, winking towards Hermione, Harry, and Ron, mouthing, ‘Run.’

18