Chapter 32 & 33 – Monster Inside
341 9 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys. I hope you are enjoying the story, and I have started working on the Volume 2. But while writing the volume two I have started to wonder about the Harem.

When I started this story I didn't want the Harem to be more than two, Tifa and Aerith only. Now, there is someone I really want in the Harem for more than a few reasons. So...I am thinking about taking the route where Tifa helps Cloud create his Harem.

So, the question is.

How big?

The Harem, I mean. :D

...............................................................................................................................................................

"Hey, hey, wait, who are you," Cloud held the collar of a twenty-year-old boy, throwing him towards the side, "Take him away from here. As secretly as possible.

"Right," Aerith solemnly nodded, putting her palm on Tony Stark's shoulder, and the two swirled in the place, disappearing.

Cloud and Tifa stepped out of Tony's room before Cloud silently pointed downward, and the two went down the stairs to the living room.

"Tony?"

"No," Cloud gestured towards Tifa, who nodded, walking over to the older woman, forcefully raising her by her arm, "Please, follow us. Your life is in danger."

Cloud glanced around, ignoring Maria's protest, looking at his feet. He knew the way to the lab was down, but not where, "Tifa, Apparate."

"Ok," Tifa took out her wand, and the space around her and Maria swirled. The last thing she saw was space around Cloud swirl as well. The two disappeared from the first floor, appearing in the basement where Howard Stark was working.

Cloud glanced around, turning back, only to see an old man pointing a gun at him, worried about his wife, asking him, "Who are you? What do you want?"

Cloud took a breath of relief, "You have five or ten minutes before a group of agents break down your doors, rush in, slaughter your whole family and take the Super Soldier Serum."

"I don't know what you are talking about. Let go of my wife, or I'll shoot."

Cloud scratched his head, troubled, before he faced his palm in Howard's direction, pulling the gun through telekinesis, clenching his fist, crushing the metal, "I don't need it. I have something better."

"Oh…um…that leaves me a bit out of options," He glanced towards Maria, thinking about his options when Tifa pleaded.

"Please, do not drag this. You and your wife will surely die if we don't leave."

"No, he won't listen to that," Cloud shook his head, "I don't know what else you have under your sleeves, so I made sure to take your son first. Where is he? How is he? It'd be good for you to come with us if you want to know."

"No! Tony should be in his room!" Maria panicked.

"Did you forget where we came from?"

Howard furrowed his brows, "Fine, do whatever you want with me, and leave them alone."

Cloud stepped closer to him, putting his hand on Howard's shoulder, "Apparate."

Tifa followed his lead, and the two of them disappeared, meeting at the rendezvous point, which was all but an abandoned building.

The only thing on the empty floor were three buckets and a water bottle.

"You are here too," Tony sarcastically said, leaning against the wall and wiping the sweat off his face. He was relieved, seeing his parents were all right, even though they were mysteriously teleported. Probably some kind of technology he didn't know existed.

"You are ok," Howard exhaled in relief, and then he abruptly turned as the bucket rose in the air. He pucked inside as his wife did the same.

Before, she felt nauseous, but more she was confused, though now, she felt so much better, making her feel worse.

Aerith used the air refreshing charm, waving at Cloud and Tifa as Cloud nodded, teleporting again.

While he was gone, Howard finally had a chance to breathe, "That…was…teleportation? Did someone invent that already? When? How?"

"I think you should be worried about other things," Tifa crouched in front of him, "You are about to die."

"What…? Why do you want to kill him?! What do you want? Money? We will give you as much as you want!" Tony felt a sense of dread covering his heart convulse, worried about his father and mother's safety.

Howard raised his hand, "How did you know about Super Soldier Serum? Rather, do you all have enhanced physique and teleportation technology?"

Tifa shook her head, "No. Only Cloud has that. Though, all of us can teleport. But is that important? Shouldn’t you be asking as to why we are here?”

“How did you even know about the Super Soldier Serum?”

Aerith pressed her hands together, “Ah, that as you can tell. Cloud’s physique has been enhanced, and we searched if there was anything like that research, and we found out about Captain America. Knowing you were the scientist who lived at that time and worked closely. We called you, but the moment we even said the name…Super Soldier Serum. The call was cut…and we are assuming by a third party because agents came rushing trying to kill us.”

“Which led to us guessing that either your life in danger. Or you were the one behind the attack.”

Howard looked toward Tony and his wife Maria, “I see. If I were the one behind it, then you’d have hostages. If it was the third party, then I was in danger?”

“Yes.”

“Then. What do you want from me? Super Soldier Serum?”

“Depends. Really. Give me a moment,” Tifa used the system’s ability to fast travel to get back home and pick up a case file they had ready. She teleported back to Tony Stark, appearing in front of them.

She stepped forward, giving the file to Howard, “This is…Cloud’s case file. Please read it, and you’d understand.”

Howard furrowed his brows, looking towards the file before taking it. There were observations on it, old and new.

[S-Cells and Mako Energy have been introduced in the Subject. The Subject seems to have lost his mind and what remains is a shell.

Subject Status – Failure.]

Howard looked at the unfamiliar terms, turning his eyes towards the following parts of the report, which seemed to be written by another observer.

[The Cells seem to have a mind of their own. There are two types of Wills. According to the Subject, the Wills belong to Sephiroth and Jenova, respectively.]

[Out of their reach, the Wills have weakened. The Jenova Cells have swallowed Sephiroth Cells and are devouring the Subject’s Cells.]

[Jenova Cells contains a multitude of memory of every being ever injected with these Cells. The Subject cannot come to terms with these memories.]

[The Subject’s mind has been divided into Multiple Personalities. Each Personality has taken a set of Memories of another being as a Core, creating the illusion that they are still alive.]

[None of the Will Supersedes the Subjects Will even though it should be easy. Though that might change in due time.]

[Cloud Strife’s Cells are fighting against Jenova Cells to maintain the autonomy.]

[Every time Subject uses Jenova’s Powers; the Subject loses more Cells.]

[Current Estimated Time of When Cloud Strife would turn into Jenova – Seven Years.]

“Ok. So your boyfriend will turn into an alien, and you want me to cure it?” Howard furrowed his brows.

“No. We want you to save the world.”

“What? From Aliens who are coming to abduct us?” Tony scoffed, thinking that she was talking big.

Aerith gently shook her head, “You should turn towards the last page of the report. There is a report on Personalities inside of him.”

Howard raised his eyebrows, turning to the last page, skimping as he read about Angeal, Genesis, Zack, and a few others, when his eyes stopped on one.

“What is this one supposed to mean? There are only question marks.”

“That’s complicated,” Aerith glanced towards Tifa, who slowly blinked, nodding, giving her permission.

“Sephiroth used to be a Hero, the greatest of his time. But when he realized how he was created. He went crazy…too crazed to the point that he nearly destroyed the world…more than once.”

“Oh, shit. Now I know you two are making an idiot out of us. Destroy the world? Now you are going to say this Sephiroth was behind World War 2,” Tony walked away scoffing.

Howard narrowed his eyes, observing the two in front of him, “You three…you are not from this planet, are you?”

Tifa pressed her lips, “We had our cells tested…and the one who did that told us that we…are humans.”

Howard watched her, knowing there was a but coming, “But?”

“Not from this universe.”

“Heh, from a parallel universe? Great, is there anything that’s left?” Tony laughed.

Howard turned back the pages, looking at the results of blood tests in detail. Most of them looked legit, though more than slightly unbelievable, “Wait, you said you got the letter from the other side, and someone came to save you. If you are from a parallel world…then are you saying they could travel too?”

“No,” Tifa shook her head, “It’s an extraordinary power that Cloud possesses. I can’t explain without telling you what that power is and to believe it. You must see it.”

“Where is that boy anyway? Is he searching for the Super Soldier Serums? You won’t find it.”

Aerith pressed her lips, “No. Do you want to see him? Then we’d have to go back to your house. Though…it might not be in the same shape as we left it.”

“Let’s go,” Tifa placed her hand on Howard’s and Maria’s upper arms, apparated while Aerith apparated with Tony.

The five of them were hit by a heatwave, feeling it brush past their cheeks, arms, and neck. The sound of fire crackling, wood falling, dripping, mixed with groans.

“Cloud!” Tifa worriedly stepped forward while Aerith erected a shield to protect the family of three. They moved down the stairs littered with bodies, some alive, some dead, with a significant slash on their chest, their guns cut apart.

When they reached the lab, most of it was destroyed, burning in the same flames everywhere else in this house.

“Cloud!”

Aerith shouted, and the flames seemed to give way, revealing a young man sitting on the chair; his spiky blonde hair fell over his eyes, leaving only one visible.

The cat-like monstrous, emerald eye met with theirs, and so did the smell and taste of evil he was giving off.

Aerith breathed in, closing her eyes, putting her hands together, and praying to the planet. Life energy came from the ground, through the fire, people and air, and even the space swirling around Cloud. His body started shrinking as the transfiguration left him, returning to his fourteen-year-old self.

Aerith glanced towards Tifa, who hastily ran forward to hold him from falling on the fire; she stroked his head, whispering, “Was there a need to go this far?”

Cloud slowly opened his eyes, “Yeah….”

A few moments after the Starks were teleported, Cloud reappeared some time ago.

He walked through the underground lab, looking in all directions, “Where?”

He wondered when he heard the bell ringing, looking towards the stairs, ‘It probably won’t be long before they break in.’

Cloud summoned the Buster Sword in the Sword Form rather than Keyblade when he froze, feeling a presence behind him, ‘Now, now. Cloud. You don’t want them to see your face. Moreover, Genesis is not a good option for now. Angeal and him…those two you can’t handle in your mental state. Moreover…that man…Howard Stark…he won’t understand no matter how much you try to explain.’

‘Show him. What is there to fear.’

Cloud hesitated, disliking it from the bottom of his heart, but the moment he heard the door break down, he knew he didn’t have much choice.

His body started to change, his eyes, his hair turned longer, silver, his blue eyes with green mako energy turned cat-like, and his height grew.

A smile appeared on the lips of the man wearing platinum boots long black coat, and he walked towards the wall, merging with it.

The agents broke through the door, looking to find no one was inside. The leader silently gestured as they rushed over, pushing everything around, taking out the floor tiles, and breaking the wall if necessary to find the Super Soldier Serums.

“Found it,” One of them brought a safe, putting it in front of the leader, who gestured for the others to keep it. They had no idea what kind of trap one like Howard Stark put on this thing. They might destroy it.

The agent was about to give the safe to the leader when he felt all feeling leave his arm. He raised his arm to look at it, only to find that every below the wrist had disappeared, and blood was gushing out.

“AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

He gave a heart-curdling scream, which abruptly quietened when his head was separated from his body, while the silver-haired man removed his hand from the safe, dropping it on the ground, “Hm. So these are the Super Soldier Serums.”

He put his hand inside, taking out five containers filled with blue liquid, observing them, “Interesting.”

“It’s a different one! Kill him!”

Sephiroth raised Masamune’s seven-foot-long blade and slashed it eight times. The blade cut the guns apart, leaving most agents on the verge of death or killed. The equipment broke apart, and sparks flew, catching the wind and burning everything.

When his hand froze, Cloud put the Super Soldier Serum inside the coat, wanting to regain control of the alter ego. He looked over his shoulder to see the visage of Sephiroth, “Go back.”

“You are so slow, Cloud. Let me handle things for a while.”

“Go away,” The transfiguration started again, and slowly his body started changing back into his own, but Sephiroth’s visage narrowed his eyes, fighting against leaving.

Cloud felt a push from the other side, taking everything to take back the control. He should have known this was a bad idea, but in the haste of doing this, he took the option that presented as tempting.

Just when he felt the push would be too much, it disappeared, “Let’s not do that.”

Cloud felt his eyes become blurry, seeing three shadows appear behind Sephiroth. Two were of Angeal and Genesis…and the last one.

He felt his stomach turn, but his transfiguration was removed, and he barely managed to walk to the burning chair, melting, “Damn it….”

13