Chapter 48 & 49 – May
274 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Volume 2! Starting with a big release of eight chapters. Four days, four releases!]

[Now, if you wish to read ahead of the whole volume, ongoing one, and the next one, then do visit my Patre-on - https://www.patre-on.com/UnravelNNA.]

[Next Volume is the big one, the finale with Voldemort is coming up, and so I have divided it into three parts. 50 thousand words each. Enjoy!]

 

"Did you not tell him we found no one to manage this company?" Tifa tucked her hair behind her back, sitting in Aerith's Office.

"I couldn't. Cloud never asks for much," Aerith put the pen on her lips, wearing a white crop top over white high waist office shorts and a white longline jacket, sitting in her office.

Right now, they were making do with a four-story building, not much of a success since the money went into recruiting and training.

Tifa leaned forward, "We must tell him we are thinking of pulling out of Hogwarts, right?"

"I bet he already knows," Aerith leaned back with a troubled look, "But…the least we can do is watch Quidditch Finals, right?"

"To soften the blow?"

"Yeah," The two of them exchanged a look, sighing, "Running a company is harder than I thought."

"I told you so," Tifa softly smiled at Aerith, "Strangely…you are good at it."

"It's my good personality," Aerith grinned, pushing her chest out.

"Yeah," Tifa laughed, getting up, "Now. I have an event to attend. Gotta need to socialize if we want to increase the business."

"I'd say take Cloud with you. It'd be good to have arm candy," Aerith naughtily grinned.

"Yeah," Tifa opened the door, closing it, "Last time I did that. Some rich women got the wrong idea about what kind of company we are running."

Aerith put her fingers together, putting her palms in front of her lips and nose, hysterically laughing, bending forward.

"I gave you fair warning. Be careful if you are going to take him next time," Tifa snickered, leaving the office.

Aerith laughed until she got tired, taking deep breaths before bursting into laughter again. She vivaciously looked out the window, though there wasn't much view, "Yeah. I'd order that."

She laughed again, shaking her head, turning to look at the file in front of her, "Strange World…Stranger People. I love it. I wonder what's Cloud doing?"

Second Floor,

Cloud sat in a gym at the corner while the others trained. There was a file beside him, open, with their applications in it and many of the comments written by him. They were dictated mainly by those with more experience with this stuff.

But more than that, he was holding a diary in his hand, one with blank pages that he turned over.

"You should get rid of that diary. Always trying to poke in your mind? Doesn't that get annoying?"

Cloud looked up at Zack, floating in the air with his arms crossed.

'I still have use for the dairy. Horcruxes…they are something I can use,' Cloud closed the diary. He had read Tom Riddle's memories and learned of Horcruxes from it.

For two years, he had been studying it, not that it was hard; the hard part was doing it would paying the price, 'One murder for one Horcrux.'

"That's the hard part, isn't it?" Genesis appeared in front of Cloud, still holding the loveless in his hand, sitting in the air with his legs crossed, "Not murdering anybody and using the Dark Magic?"

"You already know the answer to your problem, Cloud. Use it," Sephiroth stood behind Genesis, leaning against the wall, looking at the Security Guards training, "All but that boxer you picked, and that woman over there is trash. If you want to build something up, you need strong ones. The ones that have more personality, charisma, and charm, ones that could be sold. You need…Soldiers."

Sephiroth glanced towards Cloud, with a smile in his cat-like green eyes, "And you know the best way to get around that Murder Requirement to create a Horcrux. Just do it."

Cloud shut Tom Riddle's diary, and they all disappeared, turning into smokes. He picked up the file beside him, turning the pages until he stopped on one application form.

'Jack Murdock. He used to fix his boxing matches and earned money by losing. A few months back, his son was in an accident and lost his eyes, and hearing about the pay; he decided to change his career and joined this company. Though, he doesn't have any experience with guns.'

Cloud changed his track of thoughts, 'Guns…we have to make a deal with the Stark industry; maybe that could provide us with business.'

Right now, the only big business they had was Pym Technologies, the company they had practically stolen. These guys were a mess, but according to the standards of this world, they were pretty good.

Others were just the little jobs that Tifa got for them. He sighed when he noticed a presence in front of him.

He realized that others were moving around, 'Oh, right, their break.'

"Boss, you do realize that there are women here?"

"Hm?" Cloud raised his eyes to the young woman who spoke to him, "Right and?"

"You really shouldn't make that sad face. It's distracting," May leaned against the wall, unsuccessfully suppressing the flirty smile, drinking from the straw.

He knew this one. She was the recently applied woman trained in Martial Arts.

'What was her name again.'

"Qiaolian May. You should remember the names of the Soldiers you are training."

'Right,' Cloud stood up, "Those of you have a job. Be ready to move out. Others train after the water break."

Cloud walked towards the exit of the training hall while May leaned against the wall, nibbling on the straw, watching his back with keen eyes.

"Haha, don't even try," Jack Murdock walked up to her, wiping his sweat, "I have been here for a few months, and I have seen Boss Ladies try a few shots at him. None of them worked."

"Yeah. I'd be fine with the devil taking my soul if I could get one of them to ask me out."

May glanced towards Jack, and the other guy, who saw her questioning look, and the two introduced themselves.

"Jack Murdock."

"Max Keller," The man with golden-brown hair, rosy skin, and black eyes.

"Qiaolian May," May introduced herself, "Boss Ladies?"

"Yeah. Miss Aerith and Miss Tifa. Miss Aerith holds the accounting, I think…and Miss Tifa handles PR? Right?" Max confirmed with Jack.

"Yeah. She and Sir Cloud were the ones that recruited me," Jack shrugged.

"Right…" May thoughtfully said, "Just…never really heard of them. Or how they even got the Contract for Pym Technologies Securities."

"Then why did you even join this place?" Max put his hand in his pocket, leaning forward.

"The Pay was good. And…there aren't many Security Companies that allow women to apply. Those who do are mostly allowed for menial tasks. That not why I earned those black belts."

"Yeahhh…I think it's because Miss Tifa is such a great fighter," Jack sighed, "I doubt there is anyone here that didn't get beaten up by here."

"I haven't."

"Huh?" Max and Jack exchanged a surprised look, turning their eyes back towards May, who smiled.

She raised her chin, curling her lips, "I haven't. And I don't think I will."

"Is that a challenge, I hear," Max laughed, "Uhhh…Jack, you want to bet?"

"Nah, no betting for me," Jack raised his hands, "But it'd be a sight to see."

It was already afternoon when Tifa, Aerith, and Cloud met to eat lunch in Aerith's office.

"Finally. I have been walking for so long," Tifa picked up the pizza piece, taking a big bite.

"Be careful; it's hot," Aerith worriedly looked at her, softly smiling, "Sorry that you have to go around every day."

Tifa covered her mouth with her palm, chewing, trying to talk, swallowing, rolling her eyes, "Shut up, Eri. Far too formal."

"So, did you get any? Contracts?"

"The Market in New York is already saturated. We might have to start building an image from elsewhere and build a name before we could compete in this market," Tifa stared at the pizza, "We started in the wrong city? Which reminds me. Why are we even here? Pym Technologies is in San Francisco."

"Because I said so," Aerith shrugged, leaning on her chair, "I told you we will get more talented people here than we would in San Francisco."

"Really? All we have is that Murdock and May girl," Cloud picked up the pizza piece, putting it down, "Murdock is ok. He can take a few hits but isn't great with guns. He's not a Soldier, and he can't avoid bullets. Out there, one wrong shot. One-shot… that isn't on the chest, those bullet-prove jackets they are wearing, and he's dead. It doesn't help that he can't shoot back."

"What about the other girl?" Tifa picked up his pizza slice, putting it in front of his lips.

He took it from her, "You want me to talk or eat?"

"Both?" Tifa sweetly tilted her head, and Cloud took a bite, slowly chewing with a smile as he looked away.

He spoke once he swallowed, "The other one. She has training. And I am not talking about Martial Arts. I am sure she can handle a gun, even gunmen or more."

Tifa got on her feet, clapping her hands clean, "Ugh…my wand. I forgot. Eri, remember the outfit I chose for morning training?"

"Now you have done it," Aerith shot a look towards Cloud, who shrugged. She opened the drawer, taking out her wand. Since she had only seen the outfit once, she needed more focus and control.

"Let's see," Aerith remembered the outfit's image, waving her wand, and Tifa's teal dress transformed into a purple off-shoulder top, sports bra, black shorts, mini-skirt, and boots.

"Did I get all of it right?" Aerith raised her eyebrows, making Tifa smile.

"Perfect."

Cloud followed Tifa as she left the office room, eating, asking once he swallowed, "Want to see?"

"Actually," Aerith stood up, showing off her suit as she walked around the table, smiling, "Cloud. Do I look nice?"

"Yes! Yes! She looks hot!!"

Cloud ignored Zack. He didn't use to, not when he first started to appear in front of him as a few memories came rushing back. If possible, he wanted to remember the cool, big brother, friendly, heroic Zack he always knew, even if he was always goofy sometimes.

And he started hearing what this voice said, making him more unstable. He had to decide to treat them all the same. So it was either accepting all their suggestions or ignoring them.

"Yes. You look good. Aerith."

"Then…how about you dress into something nice for tomorrow's game?"

"Is this not nice?"

Aerith ran her eyes over the sleeveless turtleneck and black pants, "Right…Cloud. You are handsome…and that is one other thing the Soldiers had going for them, so they made this look good. Sometimes great. But you are beautiful, and good clothes would bring that out. Especially when we are going to meet the people of Ministry?"

"Pick something for me?" Cloud pressed his lips, raising his eyebrows.

"Of course, I'll pick for you," Aerith pulled him up, hugging his arm, "Now. You had to make that Martial Arts comment."

"There are few hobbies she has," Cloud lightly smirked, "And then…I want to ensure it's what I think it is."

"What made you doubt her?" Aerith confusedly walked through the corridors with him.

"She made a passing comment about my troubled face distracting women."

Aerith chuckled, "Is that made you doubt her?"

"Well, I have been doubtful of her from the start…but that move seemed by the playbook. It could be that her every move makes me doubt her and so…."

"So, you want to see her in action, and against someone, she might be able to hold back. And if Tifa's fighting…someone of her gender, also a Martial Artist, then it might make her more competitive," Aerith followed his line of thought, "Smart. Whose idea was it?"

Cloud paused for a moment, coming to a realization, "Mine. Actually."

"Huh, someone learning."

"Not sure I should be."

The two of them made their way down to the second floor, outside the canteen this time, "Ah, they found each other midway and that crowd."

"So? Would you mind a practice match? Show me what you have got?"

"Sure. As long as you don't fire me when you lose," May shrugged, smugly looking at Tifa.

"Right. You can be sure of that," Tifa smiled, nodding. Even though she was trying, she couldn't hold back the excitement from showing in her eyes.

Tifa happily took May to the training hall, though the other followed, and soon, there was a crowd ready to watch this fight.

May put her left leg forward, with her left-hand parallel to it, getting in the stance, "Do I get a raise if I win?"

Tifa chucked, putting her right leg forward, turning her palms into fists, "Very well. If that's what you want."

"Confident, aren't you?" May narrowed her eyes.

"If you two are done talking," Cloud leaned against the door, watching them, "Then Start!"

Tifa gave a few seconds to make sure the opponent, eyeing her like a hawk would its prey was ready. She dashed forward, throwing a straight punch.

'Fast,' May barely managed to defect the punch to the side. She got hold of the wrist, twisting, and pulled Tifa to throw over her shoulder, but she found it too easy. She didn't get a good look from the corner of her eyes, but others did. Thye saw Tifa use that force to jump from May's overhead.

Tifa landed in front of May, and her leg hit May's shin, weakening her hold on the ground. She countered, getting a hold of her wrist and throwing May over her shoulder, slamming her on the floor.

"Nice move. But you didn't think I'd be that easy? Right?"

May parted her lips, watching the young girl who might be barely twenty and the first thing on her mind was, 'Yes. I thought it would be that easy.'

The speed of the first punch might have surprised her, and there was technique behind that punch, but this girl, the one who got dressed in expensive clothes and went to every social meeting she could find and seem like a neighborhood social girl, just kicked her ass in one exchange.

"Want to give it another try," Tifa put her hand forward, chuckling.

"Yeah," Mary got up with help and cracked her knuckles, "This time. I won't underestimate you."

"Right," Tifa curled her lips into a smile when May rushed forward, stopping a step away from Tifa, putting her leg down, and making a wide swing from a right. But she was already stopping in the middle of action because Tifa read her move, pivoting and kicking her face.

May barely managed to put her hand in front of her cheek and still got hit by Tifa's heel, getting swiped off her feet and falling on her shoulder, hitting the ground hard.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" Tifa winced as if it was paining her more than it hurt May.

May clenched her fist, gritting her teeth, "No. I am not hurt!"

She felt the pain in her shoulder, but she still took a stance, ready for round three, letting out a long breath, focused only on Tifa.

"Hm," Tifa gave an impressed smile and made the first move. She made the first punch that May dodged and blocked the second one. She shot her knee forward, which May barely blocked, and took a step back.

She kicked May's leg, causing her knee to bend forward, and then felt a hit her cheek, effectively knocking her down.

A bit away from them, near the door, Cloud was sighing, causing a happy, cheering Aerith to ask, "What?"

"I am still not sure if she's a spy…but I am pretty sure that Tifa found a new sparring partner."

"Don't worry. No one can replace you," Aerith patted his arm.

"That's not it," Cloud scratched his cheek, and sure enough, Tifa offered.

"Not quite what I was expecting. But you have the skills and reflexes. You are missing experience," Tifa smiled at May, "Saturdays and Sundays. I can make those…probably. How about this…follow me to the events…and we can train in the time between?"

May took a deep breath, feeling the pain in her jaw and cheeks, narrowing her eyes, "As long as I don't have to wear a dress."

Tifa softly chuckled, "Haha. Yeah. No worries. I think it would be nice to have a female bodyguard. That too, I can sell to people."

May stood up, shaking hands with Tifa when she heard the crowd burst into cheeks.

"Good job!!!"

"Nice Try, May!"

"Yeah! You managed to block a few attacks!"

"I think she almost landed a hit!"

"That was more than I could do."

*Clap*Clap*

"Alright. Everyone, break it up."

Hearing Cloud's voice, everyone shut their mouth as soon as possible. Almost seeming fearful, but surely respectful.

May glanced towards him and Aerith, "Does she fight?"

"Eri? No. I could barely get her to jog daily."

"And him? Between you and him, who's stronger?"

"Uh?" Tifa looked towards Cloud, who was looking back at her. Even though Cloud had quieted the crowd, now there was pin-drop silence.

"I am not entertaining this," Cloud opened the door, leaving the training hall.

"Huh, Sir Cloud must be the stronger one, right?"

"Yeah. Definitely."

"You think? I find it hard to imagine Miss Tifa losing?"

"So he is?" May narrowed her eyes, asking again.

"I…don't know," Tifa was surprised to find out that she didn't she was confident in her abilities, but Cloud possessed Jenova's abilities. And they never got a chance to go all out since coming here, "I don't know as much as I thought I knew."

11