Chapter 66 – Date?
220 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Miss Aerith, will you…please sign this for me?"

"Yeah, sure, sweety," Aerith grinned at the first-year girl, sighing a moving picture of her summoning the Leviathan and stopping a dragon, "Good?"

"Thank you so much! And I am cheering for you!"

Aerith grinned, "I'll thank you in advance for that."

The girl ran to her friends, showing them the card, and giggled, "Ah, now I know how Cloud feels."

She went inside the Great Hall, where the classes for the preparations of the Yule Ball were. When she went in, the tables and chairs had disappeared, and seating arrangements were made on both sides for the Sixth Year Gryffindor.

"Signing more autographs?" Fred shifted to the side, and Aerith sat between him and Angelina. She put her head on Cloud's knee, sitting behind her, smiling, "Yeah. No wonder Cloud ignores them. My hand hurt."

"But Cloud's not being asked to sign autographs anymore, is he," Angelina grinned, looking over her shoulder.

"I am happy with that. Moreover, not all her fans are fans for being a fan."

"Wow, I didn't get a word of that," Lee Jordan blinked, looking at others when Angelina raised her finger.

"Remember that article that Rita wrote about Aerith? Aerith or Dumbledore? Who's stronger? And then, the next day, she wrote about how Dumbledore wishes to teach a Witch who is stronger than even him, and she still keeps taking a jab every week. Most of these guys, even their parents, think that Dumbledore is old and New Century's strongest magician would be Aerith. So not all her fans come to her with the purest intentions."

Aerith puffed her cheeks, "Who cares about that. They are my fans."

"Yeah, yeah," Tifa patted her head, "They are your fans. Don't get so defensive."

"Yeah, anyway, there is one question that everyone wants to know. Who are you going to dance with, Cloud? Tifa or Aerith? You can't dance with both."

"Oh, bro. You are evil," Jordan snickered.

Cloud darted his eyes between the two, "With both of them."

George's eyes shined, "but you can only take one to date. It's that type of dance."

"Yeah, Cloud. Whom will you take on a date?" Aerith grinned, asking.

Tifa curiously looked at him, causing even him to feel the pressure from this question. It was also confirmed that the Yule Ball was happening soon, and if he didn't go with them, they were bound to go with someone else since he didn't want them to miss the Ball.

'It's easy…actually. All I have to do is take control of Genesis and transmute his body into me. That way, I would be able to be in both places at once, but then…I'd be no different than Sephiroth.'

He closed his eyes, and a frown appeared on his forehead.

"He's thinking hard," Fred and George cheered, and others were waiting when Professor McGonagall walked in.

"All right. If you are ready, then we are starting today's class. Now, come here with your chosen partner, please."

Cloud opened his eyes, "I won't go then."

"Yeah, I thought he'd say something like that," Aerith shrugged.

"Huh," George grinned, "Then you wouldn't mind if I ask Aerith out to dance, right?"

Cloud looked side-eyed and turned his face away, "It's…just a dance."

"Not honest, are you?" Tifa curled her lips, patting his head, "You should be more honest and just say it."

Cloud parted his lips, closing them, letting out a sigh, "Whatever."

"Yeah, that's the Cloud, I know. Nevertheless, there is someone I want Cloud to take to the dance, so he's already booked," Aerith grinned.

"Now, hurry! Especially you, Aerith!"

"Yes, ma'am," Aerith winked at George, "Sorry. I have to reject it. The one I'll go to the dance with is…."

She turned towards them, grinning, "Will you go to the dance with me?"

"Heh," Cloud let out a smile, shaking his head, watching them go to the dance.

"Mr. Strife. Your partner?"

"I have none."

"Then, come here. Dance with me."

"Can I not?"

"Come on, hurry."

Cloud scratched his head, standing up, "Fine."

That evening, they were going back to the Great Hall to eat food when they found Viktor Krum was waiting. He walked up to them, his eyes fixed on Tifa, "Would you go to the dance with me?"

"Pardon?"

"I noticed. You train every morning. You are different from the Wizards here. You focus on Martial Arts and would also be handy with a staff. And you have an earnestness that I like. So I am asking you. Will you go to the dance with me?"

"No," Tifa shook her head, "I already have a partner."

Viktor Krum nodded, glancing towards Cloud, respectfully bowing to Aerith before leaving.

"That guy sure doesn't like you," Tifa took a step forward, walking towards the Great Hall.

"Well, Cloud did nearly cut his master's neck."

"Don't remind me," Cloud scratched his cheek, sighing, "Have you heard what people are saying. Professors don't punish me because you protect me. It just makes Professor punish me more."

Aerith stuck out her tongue, "Sorry, but Cloud, we can talk about that later. Right now, can you do something for us?"

"What is it?"

"It's about what I said before…." Aerith narrowed her eyes, looking in the direction Viktor Krum had left.

Cloud refused at first, but Aerith was insistent, so he agreed. The days soon passed, and nearly a month later, Christmas arrived, and so did the Yule Ball.

Right before the Yule Ball, Tifa was helping him get dressed.

"Are you sure you want to wear this?"

"Yeah," Cloud wore a jacket over the turtleneck, "The last thing I'd wear is a bowtie."

"Well, you look handsome enough," Tifa kissed his lips, "Go now. I'd see you there?"

Cloud kissed her back, "Yeah."

She planted more and more kisses, greedy, not wanting to let him go, and he replied in kind by kissing her back. He put his hand around her waist, whispering in her ear, "Tonight."

"Yeah," Tifa kissed his cheek, "Tonight. Go now, before I change my mind."

Cloud kissed her head one last time, leaving the room to meet with the dance partner he had asked out. The two met near Great Hall but nearly a deserted part of it. The one that was someone would barely come to.

"How do I look?"

Cloud looked at the girl with brown sleek and shiny hair twisted into an elegant knot, and the robes she wore were made of floaty, periwinkle-blue material.

'Let's hope Aerith doesn't wear pink. It's her favorite,' Cloud stepped up to her, taking her palm in his, raising it to kiss the back of her hand, "You look beautiful."

"Yeah, that's more like it," Angeal nodded, "That's how you treat a lady. Now tonight, follow my instructions, so you don't mess it us."

Hermione's cheeks were flushed pink, much like her dress, and she whispered, "You might not be wearing a proper suit, but you look handsome."

Cloud stood beside him, gesturing towards his hand, and she gladly linked hers with his. She nervously smiled, and the two started walking towards the Great Hall. Though before they reached the crowded area, she stopped. She nervously looked up, asking again, "Are you sure you want to go with me?"

Cloud observed her, seeing her nervousness, wondering if he should tell her why he asked her out, but got a disapproving look from Angeal. He inwardly sighed and lifted her chin, peering down into her eyes, "The hair, the teeth, the dress, it doesn't change anything."

Hermione bit her lip, wanting to lower her head, and hide the look on her face, but he held her in place.

"Even before that. I thought you were far prettier than Fleur or any of those girls. Now. They can see what I saw in you too. And I saw an intelligent, brave, daring, courageous…and a stunningly beautiful girl. So, I'll ask you again. Would you be my date? Hermione Granger?"

Hermione took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and kept nodding, "Yes. Yes. I will be."

"Huh, I guess you have grown," Angeal smiled, disappearing from his sight.

11