Chapter 73 – Hope – 2
223 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The other point?"

"The other point is…I always believed that a truly good person would act…rather than ask, and ever since I have known you, I have known…you are that type of person…Cloud. You would act rather than ask…and for doing that…you have always been my Hero. The one I have come to love more than anything or anyone…."

Cloud looked at her lips, close to his, peering down in her eyes, and abruptly got up, pushing her away, "You misunderstand. I am no Hero…I was a mercenary…and I always took money for my services. If you and Tifa aren't in trouble, I have no interest in saving anyone. The one you are talking about…isn't me."

He started walking away when Aerith puffed her cheeks, "Then I'll pay!"

Cloud stopped near the stairs to his room, looking over his shoulder, "What?"

"I'll pay," Aerith narrowed her eyes, "Save…Mr. Crouch…and find a way to solve the after-effects of the Unforgivable Curses!"

Cloud watched her and turned to walk up the stairs, "You can't afford me."

Aerith gasped, clenching her fist, tightening her jaw, "That…Cloud…he frustrates me so much!"

She sat back down, gasping for breath, and she shot a look at Tifa, "He's not getting any until he caves in."

Tifa raised her eyebrows, "Ok?"

"You are not going to as well. Don't even kiss him or hold his hand! Ok?"

Tifa chuckled, and she rose, sitting down beside Aerith, hugging her. Her body weight pushed Aerith down, and the two lay on the couch, "Ok."

"Teef…am I in the wrong here?"

"Honestly…I don't know," Tifa lay beside her, supporting her head on her palm, looking at Aerith.

"You should be saying no, Aerith, you aren't wrong," she wrinkled her nose.

Tifa patted her cheek, "Eri…I am not sure what's stopping Cloud from doing it. There must be something, or we both know…he would have already done it. Or started to work on it."

"No, he's a jerk; he would never do that," Aerith protested, bloating her cheeks until her jaw hurt.

Tifa rolled her eyes, placing her palm on her eyes, "Sleep."

The next day, everyone could tell that something was happening, and it didn't help that Aerith made it obvious. It continued for one day, two, and three, until even Aerith felt tired and out of energy.

"What is going on? What happened between the two of you?" Hermione came over during lunch, sitting in front of Aerith, asking.

"Right. Are you finally breaking up?" Ron asked, sitting down while Harry sat down, duller than usual.

Aerith shot a look at him, and he froze, "Never. But I am still angry at him."

"Why exactly?" Hermione raised her eyebrow, narrowing her eyes.

Aerith looked around; since they were early, people were still coming for lunch, and only a few were there. She leaned forward, "Ok…so there is this problem. When the two unforgivable curses inflict people, they go insane. Until now, there has been no solution to this problem, but just a few days ago, Cloud figured out a way to solve it! There is a chance he could help them, and he wouldn't listen to me when I say he should!!"

*Thump*

Looking at her in shock, Aerith glanced to the side, seeing a boy from Hermione's year drop a few books.

He clumsily picked his books up and started apologizing profusely, "Sorry…sorry…."

He hastily turned and walked away.

"Wait! Neville!" Hermione stood up, trying to stop him, but he ran faster.

"What? What just happened?" Aerith blankly looked at them, towards Tifa, hoping she would have answers, but Tifa shrugged.

Harry answered their question, leaning forward, whispering, "Neville's parents…they were tortured by Voldemort's followers…."

"Oh…shiitt."

While they decided to go after Neville, sometime later, Cloud opened his eyes in the dorm room.

"I am hungry after all," He sat up, raising her eyes from his feet to the door, where a boy was standing, "What do you want?"

The boy trembled, looking down, but he took a step forward, "Can you…can you remove the after-effects of Unforgivable Curses?"

Cloud raised his eyebrows and turned, putting his feet down on the ground, "No."

"Don't lie! I heard! I know you can!"

"I can't. It's just a theory."

"But…that does mean it's possible, right?"

"The chance is too thin."

"But there is, right?!"

Cloud watched the boy, "Minute…but yeah."

"Then do it! Please do it! I'll do anything for you, so do it!"

"I can't."

"Then teach me! I'll do it!"

"Impossible. My natural magic ability is the key to doing that."

"Then why wouldn't you do it! I don't understand! Please do it! Save my parents!"

Cloud scratched his head, standing up, "They'll die."

"What…? You said…you could save them."

"That's the thing, kid. I never said I could save them…you came up with that fantasy. And the whole thing is theoretical; practically, anything could go wrong, and the subject might end up dead if it fails. Do you want to be the reason why they die?"

Neville didn't speak, and Cloud nodded, "Thought so. Now leave."

Neville turned to leave, but he stopped, turned around, and took a deep breath, shouting, "Use me!!"

Cloud tilted his head, only to hear him continue.

"Use me to experiment! If I die, then nothing! If I live…heal my parents!"

Cloud breathed out, scratching his forehead, closing his eyes, "Shit."

14