Chapter 76 – From Space.
213 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Hey! Volume 2 is starting! 40 chapters across 40 days. All that you can access right now on Patr-eon, and 40 more from the third volume! Read the end of Great Wizarding War!]

'Wanted – Cloud Strife. Dead or Alive. Reward 10,000 Galleons,' Cloud read the newspaper from the Wizarding World, looking at his photo, taken from when he was playing Quidditch.

He raised his eyes to look at the night sky, the stars, and the meteor, 'She's here. It would have been better if I could delay her longer but not without that Fast Travel option.'

The paper became hotter before it caught flames and then burned down as he dropped it on the ground. He raised the throttle, letting go of the clutch as he moved towards where she would soon drop.

Since he was outlawed, he had no plan to use magic or the magic they could trace for a while.

They had heard from Mar-Vell that they recently picked up more Skrulls from another base, and it just so happened that the girl from those years ago was there. Carol Danvers. She was already en route to Earth in the escape pod, but they didn't have the time to deal with her or the Kree because of Voldemort, so they decided to delay her arrival.

The option of being able to Fast Travel beside her helped, and Aerith was able to use the Planet's Energy to cast stop on her. The Planet helped her, giving her enough energy to cast stop, and since there was no time, there were no signs of life or energy for that matter; until now, on the first of July, when the Magic dissipated, she was dropping to where she was initially supposed to.

Seeing as Tifa and Aerith were under scrutiny, he was the only one free to act right now.

He barely managed to make it in time, and by the time he did, she had already landed. Worse, she was talking to a night patrol, making him furrow his brows. He stopped next to her, hearing the question she asked the night patrol, "Do you have communicators?"

"Over there," Cloud stopped his motorbike, pointing at the radio shack nearby.

"Right," She looked at him, finding him a bit familiar, and walked over to the payphone. At the same time, Cloud apologetically nodded to the night patrol, explaining with a reluctant expression, "She escaped from a Mental Facility. I'll take care of her."

The night patrol looked over to the shop, Los Angeles Blockbuster, where she dropped the bike this young man was on and nodded without believing a single word he said.

'This would be so much easier if I could erase what he saw,' Cloud followed the Nigh Patrol as he parked Fenrir, getting off. He leaned against it and crossed his hands, waiting for her to get whatever she needed and planned to follow. It wasn't that the trace wasn't working, but more that he needed to allow them to trace where he was, or they would be suspicious.

"You know I have a much better suggestion?"

"I don't want to hear it," Cloud rejected Angeal's idea without even hearing it.

He had to wait a while since there was little to work with, but what bothered him was that the police weren't there and weren't all over them with questions.

The morning sun came up, and he watched her tweak the payphone, trying to get a number, but in between, she took the time to ask him a few questions.

"You are going to stand there and keep an eye on me?"

"If the backward technology wasn't a clue, let me inform you that this planet does not know other races in the universe. They are still debating whether they are the only beings in the Universe. I am here to ensure that your presence here doesn't result in chaos," And that was the only time he spoke to her for a while.

She asked a few more questions about who he was but got no answer from him, and being as prideful as him, if not more; she didn't ask anything anymore.

After hours of hard work, she finally made contact, and his ears perked up, hearing what she was saying.

'Skrull machine? Did Wendy try to help her regain her memories? That's taking too much of a risk,' Cloud took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

Ever since the Last Fast Travel, when they stopped her arrival, other than being able to go back, they couldn't use the System features. The features kept shutting down, one after the other.

If they had to make a guess, then it was the fact that they changed or delayed something they shouldn't have, something that brought attention far too clearly, and so the System had to shut down. It had become more apparent that they needed to get the energy source back as soon as possible.

He said them, but it was his decision; there were far too many unknowns in this world, and the thing that made him feel better was even if he did something wrong, the System would be there to stop him, tell him if there were disastrous consequences. Now, he had no idea what the consequences could be.

Cloud took a deep breath, shaking his head to snap out of his thoughts. He scanned his surroundings, but it was still dawn, and none of the shops or stalls were open.

He turned to look at her, to tell her that he was going to check if he could get something to eat, when he realised he was standing outside a club, realising that he could have had food at any time. His only solace at this moment was, 'No one would ever know.'

"We should get out of here."

Danvers leaned back to take a good look and ignored him, continuing until the agents made their way to her.

"Excuse me, Miss. You know anything about a lady blowing a hole through that roof over there?"

Danvers glanced towards Cloud and looked in a different direction, "Yeah. I think she went that way."

She planned to leave when the Agent got in the way, stopping her, "Uh…I want to ask some questions. Maybe I will give you 411 on the late-night drop box. Could I see some identification, please?"

She shot another look at Cloud, curling her lips, "Vers. Kree Starforce."

Cloud covered his face with his gloved hands, looking up at them, 'No. I need to stop this.'

He passed by them, acting as if he wasn't part of it, and scoped the building around him. There was a one-story building on the left, and he created an illusion. He couldn't use magic, but much like House-Elves's magic wasn't caught, his abilities from Jenova didn't get caught either.

He had an idea of Skrull weapons since they had so many under them at one point, and he ensured the gun was visible. He waited for one of them to notice, and the moment Vers did, he projected the illusion and sound of the gun firing.

She pushed him, clenched her jaw, and fired a blue blast with a reddish outline that destroyed the roof's stone railing; when the dust cleared, no one was there.

Cloud watched her run after it, and the black agent ran to his car. He took Fenrir, following them. Since he needed to be near enough to make an illusion real enough that she followed the illusion away from these guys from Shield, he looked for their escape routes, and the only one he could see was a metro train.

He parked Fenrir right under the railway line and jumped up on them; rotating in the air; he landed on the ledge. He jumped again, landing on the moving train's roof.

'Scan,' Everything in front of his eyes started to turn into data, details. He could see how many people were inside the coaches and that she was searching for someone.

"You shouldn't be using Jenova's powers too freely."

"I don't have much choice here," Cloud became intangible and entered the space between the coaches before entering the compartment. He kept an eye on her, watching her scrutinise everyone, and narrowed his eyes, 'What is she looking for?'

9