Chapter 101 – Detention and Souls
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aerith turned back, and a wind brushed past her cheeks and ears, making Jordan Lee raise his eyebrows.

"Where is this wind coming from?"

Aerith didn't answer him, hearing the whisper of the wind, the voices of two souls.

"Aerith, help Harry...he needs help."

Aerith parted her lips, seeing the souls of James Potter and Lily Potter disappear with the wind, and she screwed her eyebrows, 'What's going on?'

It wasn't the first time she had seen them or the other souls, but it was indeed the first when she heard them so clearly. This happened in the last world, too; as a child, she could hear her mother, see her, and even other souls like Elmyra's Husband, whose soul came from the battlefield to the house to get a last good look at his wife.

But as she grew up, she couldn't see them anymore and figured she had lost the innocence of seeing them. Or maybe…she didn't want to see them, to inform others, the loved ones, of their deaths, and be powerless to help them.

Unexpectedly, she saw them again today, 'Is he in trouble?'

She closed her eyes, 'Trouble…didn't he have a detention?'

"Aerith? Where are you going?"

Jordan shouted, seeing her fire a bolt of ice, which ran parallel to the ground, covering it in ice, and she seemed to control it, the direction that it went, and in turn, it pulled her forward.

He blankly blinked, putting his leg on ice, trying to slide, but he slipped and fell, "Shit, I gotta learn how to do it."

He jumped on his feet, running after her, wondering where she was going at this point, and with such haste. He looked around, huffing, trying to figure out what was happening, when he realised she was going towards the teacher's office.

"Aerith!"

"This one," Aerith clenched her fist, and the shard of ice broke down, raining on the floor as tiny crystals of ice. She opened the door and heard the annoying high picked voice.

Aerith rushed in, looking at Harry, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah…I am good," Harry was a bit astounded over why she was suddenly here and asking.

"Miss Gainsborough! I am talking to you!"

"Ah, yes, Professor Umbridge. I didn't see you there," Aerith waved her hand, making a light-hearted joke about Umbridge's height.

Jordan couldn't hold back his laughter but suppressed it the next moment. He heard from others that Aerith didn't like this woman, but to taunt her like this was new.

"You are in my office!" Umbridge trembled.

"Am I? Oh. Sorry. You see, every year the teacher who takes this office changes. I didn't think you'd still be here. It's good you weren't attacked and imprisoned by a maniac like last year," Aerith innocently grinned.

Umbridge smiled, widening her lips, "I plan to stay. So we will see more of each other."

"Oh, they all thought the same. Though, I wouldn't have minded if one of them stayed," Aerith's eyes looked around the room, trying to figure out what was wrong here.

A magic circle appeared in her eyes, 'Libra.'

Libra was unique magic from their world. The other magics like Firaga, Blizzaga, and other Elemental Magics could be copied and done differently, and she even managed to recreate summons. However, they were born the magic of a different kind.

Then there were other magics, like Haste, Stop, and so on, which Hermione was able to do. She figured she could use haste to double her reading and writing speed; that way, she could double her study time.

Either way, there was one magic that could not be learned or copied by anyone: Libra. Only three of them could do it.

The world in her eyes changed; when she looked at Umbridge, a screen appeared in front of her, invisible to others like the System Screen.

Since it wasn't in their world, the Libra was much weaker, though it still showed her important details and status effects. She looked over to Harry, seeing his status, and then over to the objects in this room, but she didn't have to look far.

Her eyes stayed on the quill, which had an enchantment on it. One that no pen should ever have. Anyone who wrote with the quill who have it scalped onto their skin, and then it would heal. And then again, until it was etched onto their hand, so permanent that it couldn't be healed.

She released a troubled sigh and placed her hand on Harry's shoulder, using non-verbal, wandless magic: reflect, "Alright then. I will take my leave."

She waved her hand at them, looking at Harry, who still didn't say anything, and she stepped out of the office with a much-confused Jordan Lee.

"What was that?" Lee asked, whispering under his breath.

Aerith raised her finger, asking him to wait, and then raised another, and then she heard the scream of Umbridge. She narrowed her eyes in a devious smile, "That should do it."

"I'll tell you later," Aerith went back to the Gryffindor Common room with him, where others were waiting, mainly Tifa, who thought she was unexpectedly late.

"Where were you?" Tifa cocked her head in wonder, "Did you get stopped or something?"

"Oh, nothing like that. I'll explain when Harry gets here since he has many questions." Aerith sat down, "Though; I must say something interesting happened today."

Angelina glanced towards Jordan Lee, who shrugged his hand, "I don't know the full details, but there was wind, and she turned back, ran straight to Umbridge's office, and then taunted her a little before we left. But now it seems like I missed a lot that happened in that duration."

"You do realise that there are hours before the boy gets back from his Detention," Angelina was studying for her N.E.W.Ts since not everyone could be as carefree as Tifa and Aerith.

She shot a look of annoyance at everyone there, "He better be there during the Quidditch Practice. How could he get detention on the first day of school?"

"Well, it's not all his fault…I am pretty sure Umbridge is gunning for him," Tifa shrugged, but it only riled Angelina.

"I don't care!! It's his goddamn pride that made him not keep his mouth shut. He better gets a handle on that!" Angelina breathed in, "I am…just… nervous about being the Captain. Is it too much to expect it to be perfect?"

"Nah, it's understandable," George placed his arm around her shoulder, sitting down on the lounger's arm, "But you didn't shout loud enough. The ones in their rooms didn't hear you."

Angelina leaned back in his arms, puffing air, "We don't have Cloud, and our keeper left, and our seeker…well, I wouldn't trust him to be present. I don't want to lose now."

Tifa fluttered her eyelids, "You still have me?"

Angelina grinned, "Yeah. That's the only good news."

"We'll win and have a few capable candidates like Ginny. She's good at it; we played with her last summer."

"Tell her to come to tryouts then."

"Tell her yourself."

"Tell who what?" Ginny stopped in confusion, feeling that someone was pointing at her.

"Quidditch Tryouts. You coming?" Angelina asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Yes! Yes! Definitely!" Ginny grinned, "I plan on borrowing Cloud's broom."

"No, not happening," Tifa rolled her eyes, "I'll get you a new one."

"Mom wouldn't like that."

"Mom won't know about it," Tifa patted on the couch beside her, and Ginny sat down, grinning, "Then I'll try not to feel any shame."

"You don't have to," Tifa patted her head, and then Ginny soon left to be with her friends while they got busy with their things. They had forgotten what Aerith said she'd tell them, but when they returned from the meal, they were reminded of it, seeing Harry run in to find Aerith.

"How did you know?"

Aerith blinked, "Oh. I saw your parents. Your mother asked me to…help you?"

Harry screwed his eyebrows, with a flash of anger in his eyes which he controlled, "Why would you say something like that?"

"Harry," Aerith bent forward, smiling at him, "I am serious. I am a Half-Cetra. I thought I had lost the privilege to see them, but it seems all is not lost. I did see them, and they did warn me about you, so I came running. And I am glad that they did."

"You saw them," Harry looked into her eyes, knowing she wasn't lying, and his heartbeat quickened. He moved over and sat down on the couch, scratching his head, speechless.

Aerith pressed her lips, "I heard from Cloud that he showed you the memory of your past. Or that fated night, and from before?"

"Yeah," Harry pressed his lips, nodding, covering his face, "How were they?"

"Good…I mean…they were souls," Aerith awkwardly said.

"You look so serious. Something happened during your Detention?" Hermione was carrying a few books, tilting her head in confusion.

"Yeah," Harry looked up at Hermione and realised Ron was there too, looking at them in confusion.

"She…." At first, he didn't want to tell them, but again, there wasn't a problem. He stroked his hand, "She gave me a Quill and made me write lines, but those lines started to be carved on my hand and healed."

"You can't be serious?!" Ron spoke in disgust, and Hermione screwed her eyebrows and wrinkled her nose.

"No, I must have barely written it once or twice before Aerith came in, and then she did something. After that, Umbridge's hand got carved up every time I wrote with it. She finally gave me a normal quill and made me write again."

"Good!" Hermione spoke, hiding the praise in her voice, "How could she do that? She should even be allowed to be here."

[Log #6002 – Closing.]

Abruptly, it all crumbled, disappearing, and Cloud looked towards the door, hearing the knock. He got off the bed and opened the door, "What?"

Qiaolian May nodded at him, "We may have found the girls you are trying to find. What do you want us to do?"

"Observe."

2