Chapter 110 – Meeting Ancient One
122 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It all began when Natasha found a book she wasn't supposed to find.

"Cloud…what is this book? I can't understand."

That day, Natasha came running to Cloud in the library, holding this book on Alchemy – Ancient Art or Science. It could pass off as a Non-Magical World's book, but since she was talking about magic, she must have read it correctly.

With that in his mind, he decided to tell her that he'd explain later and left her at home, alone to comb through the house for new books while he came here.

"Welcome to Kamar-Taj, Cloud."

"Sorry for the intrusion," Cloud apologized, walking through the square, watching the Sorcerer's train. They thrust their hand out, and a magical shield appeared on their firsts.

"Do you wish to learn?"

"No," Cloud shook his head, "I am here for something else entirely."

"Oh, what would that be," Ancient One tilted her head in curiosity, walking with him.

"You…seem to be the only person…well, no, the observers might have this understanding that the World of Wizards merged with World of…Captain Marvel."

Ancient One sat down with a peaceful smile on her lips, "You could say World of Marvel or World of Superheroes. If you need a name for it."

"Ok…so the two worlds, they merged, but I find it strange…why do you know about it?"

Ancient One nodded, "You are right. I know when it happened, and I might have an idea as to why it happened. And you are also right to suspect why I know about it, since I should, like every other creature in this Universe who doesn't. But that's not the important question on your mind, right?"

Cloud watched her without saying anything and nodded, glancing downwards. He parted his pink lips as his eyes turned up, "Fine. Confirm something for me. The years that the two worlds merged…."

"1989."

"To hide our entry in this one?"

"That is most likely."

"Hm, and from what I could tell, the ripples didn't affect the past."

"It did…just not visible," Ancient One corrected him.

"Like an afterthought?" Cloud thought back to Howard mentioning an incident half a century ago.

"Yes. Like an afterthought."

"The future, though, it's unwritten now," Cloud sat down in front of her, "Isn't it?"

"An insight in the working of Space-Time and Fate. I see the two Serums did you good."

"Well," Cloud took the teacup, peering inside, "I doubt it's that. I have been able to notice things, they were there before, but I had no idea. Like the Magical Energy in Yelena, but not Natasha."

"Yes. Only children born after 1989 on this side of the world can have Magical Powers."

"Hm?" Cloud blinked, "Then shouldn't Natasha have them too? Don't tell me it was because she was born a day or two before the merge?"

"Uh…" Ancient One parted her lips, and a smile appeared on her lips. She pressed her lips, suppressing a smile, "I must say Cloud. Not many things leave me speechless, but this is one of them."

Cloud confusedly looked at her, "Did I say something?"

"Yes, you realize that your ward, Romanoff, was born in December 1984? And she is nearly 11 Years Old? While the little one was born in 1989 and is nearly seven years old?"

"Aren't they seven and three?" Cloud asked a rhetorical question and slumped his shoulder, "and I thought they were just studying advance courses for their age."

"As I said, Cloud, not many things leave me speechless," Ancient One smiled.

"Right…so that is why Yelena has the magical energy and Natasha doesn't," Cloud closed his eyes, "There is also something else that I wished to ask you."

"You don't have to be polite."

"Yes, well," Cloud didn't open his eyes, yet he could see Ancient One and even the Sorcerer's outside, the color of the ground, the clothes they wore, the magic, and deeper inside.

He opened his eyes, focusing on Ancient One, "I have a new …pair of eyes…it's as if…."

"You have a good sense of space? The distance between you or this tea cup? If you can attack me from where you sit, how far is the reach of your hand? Things like those," Ancient One took a sip of tea with a knowing smile on her lips.

"Yes. All those."

"Hm. Tell me, is your sense of time slipping away?"

"Yes," Cloud didn't have to think much to answer that. It was the most noticeable thing. Even since the Soldier Training, he had a schedule that he followed, and he had for years even after coming to this world, and yet, recently, he couldn't keep it no matter how hard he tried. It was as if his body was not in tune with time.

"I thought as much," Ancient One, "I noticed it when you came through the portal, but while you may have this new vision, you haven't learned to see yet."

"Learned to see? Can you teach me?"

Ancient One glanced at him and shook her head, "Forgive me. That was a poor choice of words by me. Did you learn to see? Cloud?"

"Did I…learn to see," Cloud was confused for a moment, seemingly remembering when he was born or creating an image of that time.

"A child born—knows how to see without anyone teaching him. The same way, you know…you haven't realized that you have been born."

Cloud held his head, "You people and your way of saying cryptic things. Is it too much to ask for a straight answer?"

Ancient One smiled, "This is all for you to figure out; you are the only one who can figure it out for yourself. No one can tell you…who you are. That is for you to decide."

"Did someone tell you that you are of no help?"

Ancient One raised her eyebrows and jerked her head to the side, "Almost everyone."

Cloud stood up, "I am more confused than when I came here…but still, thank you for keeping watch on us."

Ancient One stood up, guiding him, "Some might be angry that they are being observed so closely."

"Hm?" Cloud scratched his head, looking towards the exit, "Well, aren't you watching us protect us? I can only think of a single existence that might have told you almost everything. You might even know why we are here. So…thank you."

"Hm," Ancient One walked with him, letting him look around at the shield, weapon, and whip magic, and then when they passed the square, she opened a portal for him, "If you ever want to learn. You are welcome here."

Cloud nodded, stepping inside the portal, and no one had to say anything. He saw this when the portal opened; the two girls were sitting on the couch, their jaws hanging.

When the portal closed, the two of them jumped up, and Yelena rushed over to the place where the portal was, trying to walk through it, and Natasha gripped his t-shirt, "Cloud! Cloud! What was that?! That was magic, wasn't it? I know it was!"

"Yeah, that was magic," Cloud patted her head, making Natasha blank out, and Yelena ran back.

"Really?! Magic?! Can I do it?" Yelena brightly asked.

"Yes," Cloud patted her head, "You can."

"Can I?" Natasha raised her eyes, cautiously asking.

Cloud parted his lips, closing them, and nodded, "Yes. You can too."

He didn't wait for them to speak and knelt in front of them, "The school that Tifa and Aerith go to is Hogwarts, The School of Magic. Tomorrow, they have a match, Quidditch Match. Do you want to come?"

"Yess! Yes! Yes!" Yelena jumped while Natasha was still trying to process what she heard.

Cloud pointed towards the stairs, "You'd need to prepare clothes over which a Wizard robe would look good. There's one in my closet. Go see for yourself."

"If there is a wand," Yelena asked, but she ran off with her sister without waiting for him to answer. To see if there was a wand.

"Sir, you realize that Natasha doesn't have that talent?"

Cloud glanced towards Shelke, who appeared out of nowhere, "Hm. I know."

"Lying to her wouldn't do any good."

"I am not lying…." Cloud looked towards the room, removing the magic from the cupboard they opened and rummaged around. He uncomfortably looked away, "I can't bear…to see her disappointed."

Shelke sighed, "Very well. I'll ask Howard and Echo."

"Thank you," Cloud tapped her head, walking up the stairs. Echo was accessible to only Tifa, him, and Aerith, but guest members could access some features for the ones they took in the party. Currently, only Hermione and Shelke have that access.

4