Chapter 4 – Cities of Pigs.
4.4k 14 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I recovered and then grabbed the creature's crossbow and its pouch full of arrows. It was all covered with blood and guts, but I managed to clean it up using my precious water magic.

I could have washed everything in the river, but this was more fun.

After I cleaned it up, I put an arrow in the crossbow to try it out. And as soon as I cocked it and tried to shoot the arrow toward one of the trees, the crossbow didn't fire. "Huh? Is there something wrong with it?" I tried, but I couldn't solve the problem.

"Damn it!" Then I lost patience and threw it into the river. Next, I sat down at the river's edge and looked at the water. The moonlight hit the water and went directly into my face.

It was a beautiful sight, but what caught my attention was the fish swimming there.

"That's it. I need to catch fish and then roast them somehow. Okay, how do I do that? Maybe I can create a harpoon?" I created an ice spear and then created a rope made of earth.

It certainly wasn't sturdy, but I tried.

Of course, when the rope fell into the water, it quickly fell apart, and the ice spear was carried away by the current.

"It's easier this way." So I created one long ice spear. My hands were freezing, but it was more functional. For some reason, my reflexes improved a lot so that I could catch three fish quickly.

Once I caught them, I searched for some twigs and used fire magic to make a fire.

"I've never done that before, but I guess it goes like this... And so..." With difficulty, since I didn't have a blade, I used an ice spear ( Yes, I can only think of ice spears ) to go about cutting the fish.

After removing the scales and entrails, I  stuck the fish on a stick and set them to roast.

I created an excellent structure for roasting them. So after a few long minutes, it was done. There was no salt or pepper, so the taste was not very good, but still, I almost cried with happiness.

A decent meal after so long.

Then, after enjoying myself, I finally tried to sleep. Of course, I couldn't.

####

The sun was already rising.

I got up and walked along the river even though I was sleepy. Fortunately, I had not encountered any new enemies in the hours I walked, and I had an endless food supply.

Fish.

I would get seasick at some point, but I'm sure I won't be travelling for that long. And as I imagined, as night was coming on, I finally found a sign of civilization.

On the river, a water wheel spun and spun. Someone had to have built that. So, using earth magic, I created pillars in the water and jumped over them until I reached the other side.

I almost fell in, but I got there safely.

"If that's here, then there must be a city nearby, right?" Even though I was still in the middle of a forest, I was still confident that a city was nearby.

So I started walking through the woods.

It was getting darker and darker, and the monkeys were getting more active and shouting more and more. I was afraid that one of them was going to attack me.

Fortunately, it didn't attack me, and I managed to get to a town safely.

I don't know if I could call it a town. I had found one wooden wall that was 5 meters high. If it is a fantasy world, a city should not have its wall made of wood; it is not that sturdy.

"I'm going to walk around it to look for an entrance." And so I did.

I walked a long way until I reached one end of the wall. Then I walked again to another end and after turning and walking for a while longer... I had reached an entrance.

"That is much bigger than I imagined. Still, it's too small to be a town. Maybe a village?" I approached the large three-meter high gate and knocked a few times.  No one answered.

So I knocked again and again until finally, the gate slowly opened.

After the gate was opened, I could see a... monster? It was looking directly at me. A two-meter tall monster with a pig snout. His skin was completely pink, and he was wearing clothes like a human.

As soon as he saw me, the giant pig shouted. "INTRUDER!!!"

"BUT I DIDN'T EVEN ENTER YOUR VILLAGE!!!" I shouted as I ran away.

"AH!" As I was running away, a spear fell beside me. If that thing hit me, I was dead. Then I looked back and saw the giant pig chasing me.

I have to do something, or I will become pig food.

I turned around and activated my most reliable magic ( for now )

"ICE SPINES!" A burst of ice spines flew towards the pig, piercing its body in several places. Without making a sound, it fell to the ground, lifeless.

But I had no time to rest. Just behind, many of those giant pigs began to appear, holding weapons. 

I started to run and stumbled into a hole. As I fell, my thigh slammed into the ground, digging the arrow on my leg even deeper.

"This is not the time for this!" I grabbed the arrow and pulled it from my leg, not caring about the bleeding. I felt a sharp pain but didn't have time to think about it.

"I HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO ENCOUNTER AN ENTIRE CITY OF GIANT KILLER PIGS!" I shouted as I activated several spells and slaughtered all those pigs as if they were just ants.

I didn't realize how strong I was until I had created a mountain of bodies and the pig city was on fire.

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

158