Chapter 5 – My first city.
3.8k 7 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was on fire. I had only thrown a few fireballs; I didn't think this would happen. The fire was in the houses and walls and spreading to the trees.

So I used water magic to try to put it out. I created jets of water that went towards the fire. Within a few minutes, I had finished putting out the entire fire.

Inside the village, I could smell the smell of fried pork.

"I have destroyed the lives of many pigs..." I walked around the village and found several damaged wooden houses and others that the fire had not affected. Inside the not affected houses, there was no one, and inside the damaged homes, I managed to find some bodies.

There were some small pigs, probably children. I started to feel guilty.

I decided to leave the place and pretend that none of this had happened. So I went back to the river and continued until I finally reached the end of that dense forest.

It was night so I couldn't see much of the horizon. The only thing I was sure of was that I was on a vast plain. The river continued, and it would probably lead me to a town; I was on the right track.

So I decided to camp near the forest. I caught more fish and ate and stayed there until dawn.

I could hear some strange sounds in the night, but I pretended that I hadn't heard anything. In the distance, I could also see some monsters jumping across the plain, but I couldn't quite identify what they were because of the dark.

Maybe rabbits? Whatever.

After getting up and getting ready to move on, I looked to the horizon and could see some mountains that I couldn't see before. This place was not exactly a plain; this terrain had many irregularities.

But did it matter? Of course, it didn't.

I kept going and walked for hours until nightfall. I went up and down some hills and through small forests not as dense as the one before, but fortunately, I did not encounter any powerful enemies.

I did find some of those jumping creatures I had seen the night before. They were rabbits, rabbits that were about my size. But they didn't look strong as they ran away as soon as they saw me.

Besides them, I also found some of those supposed goblins, and I killed them instantly.

So, after camping until the following day, I continued my journey until I finally found a town.

I could see it from miles away, a stone wall that could be 20 or 30 meters high. Even though I have worked in a construction company, I cannot measure the size of a structure just by looking. Forgive me for this.

Joyfully, I skipped along the river bank until I approached the town.

The river ran alongside the town, and there, some suction pipes sucked up the water. I was surprised that they had plumbing in this place... Not that it was the most technological thing in the world.

After this, I ran towards the gate. As I approached, I found the first road since I came to this world. Of course, it was not paved, just a road made of dirt.

I hadn't seen it before because just ahead, it had a curve to the opposite side from where I was standing.

I approached the gate that was open and peeked inside.

I stood there looking inside for a while until the guards in front of the gate finally worked up the courage to approach.

"Can I help you?" One of the guards asked. He was not someone worth remembering. He was average looking and wore iron armour that masked almost his entire physique.

"May I come in?" I asked as I looked at the man. He looked at my dirty clothes and looked at his friend doubtfully. Listen, I'm like this because I had nowhere to take a shower, understand?

"Do you have an ID?"

"ID? How do I get that? I'm not from here, so I don't know how to get one."

"Huh?" The guards looked at each other. "You get an ID as soon as you're born, girl." They seemed suspicious of me. I started to panic, so I told the guards an utterly crazy lie.

"I was travelling in a carriage..." I guess that's what they use here. "Then I was attacked by a group of bandits. I've been walking for days trying to find this town..." I don't know the name of this city, so better not to say anything. "They took all my stuff, including my ID..."

The guards looked at me suspiciously. This was working?

"I'm sorry about that!" Yes, it was working. "How are you feeling? Are you hurt? Listen, come to the guard station with us. We'll talk to the head guard about it, all right? Maybe we can get your things back."

"Oh, thank you, I'm pleased to hear that!" I was never a good actor, but still, they believed my fake smile.

So, after a long and lonely trip, I arrived in my first city.

 

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

137