Chapter 11 – Scary Girl.
2.6k 8 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at a house in the middle of a very dense forest. I looked around and then signalled for Mero to come out and scan the surroundings. It would be dangerous if anyone saw us leaving this place.

It was an old and abandoned house, nothing impressive. It was a disguise chosen by the master.

Being honest? This is a bit stupid. An abandoned house in the middle of a forest would surely draw the attention of adventurers. Fortunately, we haven't had any unforeseen with the portal yet.

But it hasn't existed for that long, so maybe we can have problems in the future. I hope not, but it could happen.

"It's all right, Selena," Mero said in his usual gruff tone. Her cute voice didn't match the tone she was using.

"Okay. You two, stay in the rear and follow me. We'll go to the village to look for any trace of who attacked the Orcs. It can be anything... A piece of clothing, a strand of hair, and especially the magical trace that person left."

I walked out of the dirty old house and then walked among the trees. It was a forest that was miles long and used a lot by monsters, and Orcs are one of these monster races.

That village was not the only one in this place.

We walked for almost two hours until we reached the place where the Orc village was. I could have run through the trees with Mero and got there quickly, but Ran and Alor could not accompany us.

When we arrived, I found the remains of the bones of one of the Orcs in front of the village. Monsters decompose quickly.

I then entered the village, and I found many burned houses and bodies lying around everywhere. But beyond this, I found nothing to show that anyone other than the Orcs had ever set foot inside this village.

Not even the magic trace had been left, even if the person who did this used magic.

Haaaa~~

I sighed after noticing that it wouldn't be as easy as it seemed.

"Mero, were you able to find something?" Mero was analyzing inside some houses and all over the village floor to find the magical trace of the culprit. That was her speciality. I could also search for magical trails, but she was more competent in this respect.

Her expression showed that it was useless, but I waited for an answer.

"Not even a bit of magic left. Even if it's been a few days, there should be some trace. Who is this person?" Mero was quite intrigued. She put her forefinger on her chin in a cute way and thought.

"We will need to watch this forest for a while. In the meantime, have Doug figure out who that person is from the recordings." She said.

"That person is invisible... How will he do that?"

"There is no way a person can be invisible, Selena." Mero looked at me. "Probably that person used some magic or skill to hide, and maybe Doug can create a device to see through his magic."

"See through a recording?"

"I don't know if it's possible, but that pig is a freak. He's smart enough to think of something."

"He would be sad if he heard you say that. He likes you." I smiled at Mero. She then looked at me, looking annoyed. "Just the thought of touching that pig makes me want to vomit."

"..." I was silent after that.

Then, after some more time spent in a useless search, I placed some more cameras I had brought in the forest, and we headed back to the portal.

It was a completely useless trip. Without a clue or a trace, it would be impossible to pursue the culprit. I have to trust Doug to do something. If he can't do something, I will be left with only one option.

I'll blend in with the humans in the nearby towns and try to find the culprit.

"Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit."

####

Two days had passed, and I was still gathering money to begin my journey toward the country's capital. I had already saved a reasonable amount, but it was still insufficient.

And while doing various quests and selling multiple items for the guild, I raised my RANK to E. It wasn't a huge breakthrough, and I didn't care much about it either. I could go out, kill monsters and make money at any Rank; it makes no difference even if I am at Rank A.

Maybe it's a dumb thought, but who cares?

"Have you returned yet?"

"Yes, here it is." Using a bag, I handed the various monster ears to the receptionist. After throwing the ears in the trash, she gave me the bag again along with the reward.

And after receiving my reward, I walk to leave the guild as usual... But this time, something different happened.

I took a few steps and found a motionless woman looking at me.

'Waaa, she's scary.' Her eyes were half-closed. She looked at me as if she wanted to kill me. But I didn't weaken; I kept my usual expression and then spoke to the woman.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, come with me." The woman then took hold of my hand and started pulling. "Hey, hey, wait!!! Who are you?!" I asked in surprise. The other adventurers watched the woman drag me out of the guild and did nothing.

You liars! Aren't you guys in love with me? Why don't you help me?

I continued to be dragged until I reached an alley next to the guild. Then the girl threw me against the wall. After, she put her hand on the wall and looked at me with her scary dark eyes.

'A Kabedon?!'

She was like a delinquent. Her hair was black, but it was dyed blonde; it was a mixture of the two colours. She wore leather armour, but I could tell she had enormous breasts. Wait, what do I'm thinking in this situation?!

I kept looking at the girl for a while and waited for her to say something.

"..."

"..."

An awkward silence... Wait, is she getting closer and closer? I could feel her breath on my face!

"Listen, may I know why you brought me here?" The woman pulled away after my question. I thought she was going to kiss me!

"I saw you in the guild and decided to warn you about your aura."

"Aura? Warn?" A question mark appeared on top of my head.

The woman then sighed.

"As I figured, you didn't realize."

"I didn't realize?"

"You didn't notice how scared people get around you?"

"Aaah, I noticed something like that. I thought it was because of my eyes."

"Ah, that's also one of the reasons."

"..."

"But it's also because of your aura. Don't you realize the killer intent you are releasing? Any normal person would be terrified of that. Even some adventurers were scared."

"Killer intent?" That's strange... "About the adventurers, I thought they were in love with me. They regularly ask me to drink with them."

"You are a pretty girl; it is normal they would be after you. And those who approach you are experienced adventurers. Those idiots live after me... I've tired of rejecting them."

"I see..."

"And I don't like men either."

"I see..." Huuuuh????

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

115