Chapter 12 – Nicole.
2.5k 8 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you move a little further away?" I said to the girl. She then backed up a few steps, and I finally felt free. After sighing once more, I decided to ask about the aura she had been talking about.

"You had said about me releasing killing intent... But I'm not in the mood to kill anyone."

I didn't know about this thing. What do you mean killing intent? Maybe because I plan to kill the princess? No, but people have been afraid of me since I arrived in town, so it doesn't make sense.

"The aura you release, it's a killer aura. It's an aura that a person with a thirst for blood would release. Even if you are not directing it to anyone, that aura is still leaking from your body."

"I understand... No, I didn't quite understand. Are you saying that there is a sinister aura leaking from my body? An aura of an assassin?"

"Exactly. I'm surprised you don't know about it."

"I'm kind of ignorant. But about that, how do I stop it? I don't want people to continue to be afraid of me. It's hard to interact with people like this." Especially since I am going to the capital in a few days.

"You're a strange girl. " The girl sighed, "Okay, I'll help you. First, close your eyes and concentrate."

Wait, close my eyes? I don't know if it's a good idea to do that with her around. What if she tries to kiss me again? She said she doesn't like men, so she's probably a lesbian. She might try to attack me.

And I am a committed man. No, wait... I am no longer a man, and I am in another world. I guess that doesn't count as cheating.

"Come on, close your eyes."

"Oh, yes!"

So I closed my eyes as the woman asked.

"Now concentrate and try to feel the aura you are emitting."

"Feel?"

"Exactly. Turn on your senses to the maximum; you will surely be able to feel it just as you feel the magic in your body." Wait, feel the magic? But I don't remember feeling anything like that.

But okay, I'll try.

I concentrated and then ignored everything around me: all the sounds and presences. I focused only on my body to see if I could feel the aura she was saying.

'Hmmm...' I also made a mental effort to feel the aura. And after some more effort, it was there. A big red aura came out of my body and stretched meters away.

Even with my eyes closed, I could see it. Not only it, but I could also see something white and bright coming out of my body, but in a much smaller amount. 'Is that the magic she talked about?' 'I think that's it.

"I feel the aura. How do I do it now?"

"Now try to compress it. Shove it back into your body."

"Can you give me a hint on how to do that?"

"Let me see... No."

"..."

Even without a hint, I imagined that aura entering my body. Fortunately, it had worked; the aura started to enter my body slowly.

All that red disappeared after a while.

"Haaa~~ You finally did it. It was hard to stay around." The woman sighed, and I opened my eyes. When I saw her, the woman sat on the ground while sweating.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked, startled. The woman then stood up with difficulty and wiped her ass that had become dirty.

"When you messed with your aura, it got even more powerful. Let's get out of here before people call the guards."

"The guards?"

"Yes, didn't you see what you caused?"

I looked out of the alley and saw some people passed out in the street. My god, what the hell is this aura, and why is it so powerful? I need to start controlling it, or I'm going to end up causing pandemonium somewhere.

####

After we ran away, we came to a place away from the main street. It was a residential street with many houses. Many children had fun on the street. It was a tranquil place.

The woman then walked into one of the houses.

"Come."

"Is that your house?"

"Yes."

"Excuse me." I walked in and found a room that was entirely decorated. It was a large room divided between the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen. The table was right next to the sofa.

The kitchen was further away; the only thing separating it from the living room and the dining room was a counter. The kitchen was equipped with cupboards, a stove, and something that looked like a freezer. They had no electricity, so it was probably run by magic.

Just like the lights. As soon as we entered, the girl cast magic on a device on the wall and the light in the room came on.

"You can be seated if you like. I'll make some tea."

"Right..." But this was no time to be admiring her house... I want to know why I came here. It makes no sense for me to follow her and come to her home. I don't even know her!

'It's too late now. I'll stay here for a few minutes.' After waiting a little longer, the girl appeared, bringing two full cups of tea. She then smiled and sat down next to me on the couch.

I took a sip of the tea, and it was pretty tasty.

"So, may I know your name?" The woman asked. That's right; we hadn't even introduced ourselves yet.

"Sophia... You can call me Soph if you want." That was the name I chose as soon as I entered the guild. Until now, I regret choosing that name... Because now I can't change it.

Everywhere I go, I will have to present my adventurer's license to confirm my identity, and that name will always be there. I am doomed to live with the name "Sophia" for the rest of my life in this world.

"My name is Nicole. It's a pleasure." The woman smiled and held out her hand for me to take. "So, when did you arrive in town? I don't remember seeing you here before."

"I arrived here a few days ago."

"I see. That makes sense... I couldn't forget your appearance if I saw you before."

"Glup~~" I feel like that sentence was pretty dangerous.

"Do you think I'm pretty?"

"Why this question so suddenly?"

"Well, it's because I think you are wonderful. Your hair has a unique colour, your different coloured eyes are attractive, and your body is beautiful."

'Waaaa, she said that so casually!'

"Thank you?..."

"And you, what do you think of me?"

I looked at the woman and analyzed her appearance once again. Blonde and black hair like a delinquent, black eyes half-lidded, and large breasts. Plus, a tanned skin.

She was a 'Gal' in a fantasy world.

"Well, I think-" Are?

I started to feel dizzy all of a sudden. So I looked at the cup of tea in my hand and then looked at Nicole's face.

She had a frightening smile on her face. What had I done to deserve this?

Then I lost consciousness.

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

103