Chapter 13 – I need to get out of this city as quickly as possible.
2.6k 8 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Felt something heavy on me and I slowly opened my eyes. When I finally opened them, my vision was blurred.

"Hm?" I could see a figure in front of me. My vision slowly recovered, and I tried to move my body. However, I felt that my hands were tied with a rope when I did.

"Shit!" Remembering what had happened before I passed out, I used all my strength to pull on the ropes. I felt a slight pain in my wrist, but the rope snapped, and I could move my hands.

"Hey, wait!" I heard Nicole's voice but ignored it. As I started to struggle, she got off me, making it easy for me to escape. I managed to break the ropes that were around my feet as well.

Then I dragged myself off the bed.

I was still feeling dizzy, so I almost fell when I got out of bed and put my feet on the floor. But I held on to the bed and managed to stand.

"Wait, Sophia, calm down!" My vision was still a little blurry, but I could see that Nicole was wearing only her panties, with her breasts showing.

"What did you do to me, Nicole?"

"I didn't do anything."

"You're lying! There's no way you didn't do anything while I was unconscious. Where are my clothes? Give them to me right now!" I was completely naked and feeling cold.

"All right, calm down."

"How can I calm down in this situation?! You just drugged and raped me, you dumb bitch." I gritted my teeth and finally felt the dizziness pass. My vision was still blurry, but I could see more clearly now.

So I walked toward Nicole.

She was picking up my clothes from the floor to bring to me. As I approached, I grabbed her shoulder and threw her backwards. She then fell to the floor, and I jumped on top of her and pinned her to the floor.

"I want you to tell me what you did to me! Every detail." I felt the sinister aura from before beginning to leak from my body. Nicole's face turned pale, and she began to tremble.

"I didn't do anything, I promise." She said in a weak voice.

I looked at her for a while and then stood up.

"I'm leaving. I never want to see you again." I had never felt as angry as I did now. For some reason, I had lost all control over my emotions.

It was as if the lid holding fierce anger inside me had been ripped off.

But I had to calm myself down.

I was controlling myself not to do something crazy against Nicole. I don't know if I could have a clear conscience if I killed her now. What kind of thinking am I having? I've never killed a person before.

'Ah, crap!' I screamed in my mind and quickly put on my clothes.

Nicole was still on the floor, utterly motionless because of my aura. I kept it active until I left the room. After I left, I deactivated my aura and quickly left the house.

As I left, I noticed that it was already night, and the only people on the street had either passed out or were terrified.

I ran towards the inn and decided to leave this town tomorrow morning.

####

I woke up the following day feeling calmer.

After washing my face, I started to prepare my suitcase. I took the only clothes I had bought during my days in the city and put them in a basic cloth bag that I used to carry items for the missions.

I had washed the bag, so everything was fine.

After putting all the clothes away, I went downstairs and had some coffee. After eating, I cancelled my reservation at the inn and took the money back for the days I had paid in advance.

"Okay, I'll look at the map again to see where I should go next. Going straight to the capital would be impossible. I need to make stopovers." I reached the library and picked up the map again.

After I analyzed it, I discovered that I would have to make stopovers in 3 cities before reaching the capital of Pesara.

It would be several days of travel.

"But I have no other way to get there, so it will have to be this way." After I returned the map, I went to the adventurer's guild to find out how to get to the next city in a carriage.

Normally I would do an escort mission, wouldn't I?

"Excuse me. I would like to know if any carriages are going to Niethe." After that, I will still have to go through Bacrow and Everan until I reach the capital, which is also called Pesara. It was common for the capital to use the same name as the country in this world.

"A carriage going to Niethe? I think we have one."

"I would like to go, please!"

After I said that, the receptionist looked at me and sighed.

"Your Rank is too low. You would need to be at least Rank D to go on an escort mission."

"At least let me talk to who is going to be escorted. I can pay if that person wants."

"Okay, I'll talk to him."

"Thank you."

The receptionist then walked over to one of the guild tables and spoke to a short, fat man sitting in one of the chairs. He wore a beret and had a large moustache. He had the appearance of a kindly fat uncle.

As soon as the receptionist spoke to him for a while, she pointed at me. After a time, she came back.

"He said he can take you there with no problem."

"Really?" I had gotten a means of transportation! That's good.

"He said he's leaving in 30 minutes."

"Okay, I'll talk to him." So I walked over to the man's table and smiled at him as I approached.

"So you are Sophia. Could you tell me why you are so eager to go to Niethe?" The man asked after I sat down. He had asked the waitress to serve me some snacks for me.

"My goal is to get to the capital."

"Ah, I see. It will be a long distance."

"Yes... Maybe 20 days?"

"I think more than 20 days."

"..."

"But don't be discouraged." The man said in a gentle tone and smiled at me. And after we talked for a while longer, a group of three muscular men approached the table.

I had seen them a few times before.

Can I assume that they are the escort?

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

93