Chapter 14 – I couldn’t feel anything.
2.5k 15 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three men who approached were named Dan, Jack, and Paul. The three men arrived, sat down, and began to tell the story of their life and how they became adventurers.

I don't know how they concluded that Thaddeus (the man who had hired them) and I wanted to hear their story, but they started telling it. The only thing I remember about their story was that they were childhood friends who lived in the same village.

I don't remember anything more than that.

By now, we were getting into the carriage in front of the guild. The first person to get in was Thaddeus, then me. Dan offered to help me, but I politely declined his help.

After this, the three friends entered.

It was a very spacious carriage that four horses pulled. Along with us in the carriage, there was also another man, who was the coachman who worked for Thaddeus. His name is Smith.

Isn't that a butler's name? Probably he was one since the man's appearance resembled that of a butler. He wore a suit and a bow tie and had a white moustache.

In addition, he also wore a monocle. This is the second time I have seen this in this world. Perhaps it is common among old people.

Speaking of appearance, the three adventurer friends had nothing special. All three wore social haircuts and had dark hair and unattractive colour of eyes.

Dan had black eyes, Jack had brown eyes, and Paul had a brown look as well, but in a lighter shade.

All three were wearing leather armour with iron plates over their vital points. Underneath the armour were ordinary clothes that any man would wear on a walk through the centre of a big city.

Long pants, shoes, and shirt.

In the carriage, we were seated in the following positions. I was sitting on the right with Thaddeus, and the three friends were sitting on the left. We were facing each other.

I was a little embarrassed, so I turned around and kept looking out one of the carriage windows (there were three small windows on each side) until the coachman swung the ropes and the carriage started to move.

The seats had no cushions, so my butt was already hurting in a few seconds. But that doesn't matter. I was sad for another reason.

I was sad that I saw a beautiful girl with fluffy white cat ears on her head as I was leaving town and didn't get a chance to talk to her.

It was the first time I had ever seen a person with animal ears and tail. I decided that my goal was to set up a harem of fluffy and beautiful girls like her by seeing her. I am sure that Jeane would accept this.

( No, she wouldn't )

####

We had been travelling for a few hours now, and it was already getting dark.

The carriage then stopped, and the adventurers got off together with Thaddeus. I stayed inside the carriage for a while until Thaddeus asked me to get off too so that we could prepare the camp.

Then, after we all got off, they started to take several camping materials from inside the carriage. Where were these items stored? On a false floor in the carriage. I hadn't even noticed that it existed.

Not only were the materials there, but also several bottles of water, food, and some valuable materials that Thaddeus was transporting. He was a merchant, after all.

After removing the materials, all the adventurers and the coachman set up the camp while Thaddeus and I looked on. I didn't know how to pitch a tent, so that I couldn't help them.

A few minutes passed, and they put up three tents on the grass. It was a flat spot beside the road, completely covered with grass. The horses were happily feeding.

After putting the tents up, the adventurers took some wood from inside the carriage and began building a fire. ( It was a stock used when there was no place nearby to get wood )

It was built, and then they began to use a device to try to light the fire. It looked like a flint.

But it was depressing.

"I can put fire on this if you like." I approached. Dan then looked at me and nodded. I then used magic to put fire on the wood.

"So you are a magic user."

"You guys can't use magic?"

"Only Paul can. I can only use a sword, and Jack uses a spear." I had already noticed their weapons. Especially that huge spear that Jack put out the window because it wouldn't fit inside the carriage.

"I see. He can use what kind of magic?"

"Just water magic, right, Paul?"

"Yes. I tried to learn fire magic, but I had no affinity. No matter how hard I tried, it was useless." Paul looked a little sad. "I wanted to learn it because it is the strongest magic to use offensively."

"I see..." It seemed that it was not that normal to use two elements. Wait, I can use only two elements? I've never tested other types of magic. I think I'll test some spells later.

So, after some more conversation, we all sat around the campfire and prepared our food.

After we ate, the three adventurers talked among themselves and decided the turns to stand guard. I said I could help, but they refused to let me be a guard.

I'm sure they don't trust me very much.

####

It was dawn when I felt something move the tent where I was sleeping. There were three tents, one for me ( since I was the only woman ), one for the three friends and one for Thaddeus and the coachman.

I slowly opened my eyes, and everything was dark; I couldn't see very well. Despite this, I could see a figure slowly opening the entrance to my stall. It was a figure of a man.

I was silent for a while and waited to see what the man would do. I couldn't tell who it was exactly, but I could already assume it was one of the three adventurer friends.

"..." He crawled into my tent, and I continued to lie quietly as I watched. Then he approached me and began to touch my leg. He slowly groped his way down my leg until he got closer to my thigh.

"What are you doing?" I said.

"Shit." After realizing that I was awake, the man fell backwards. From his voice, I could tell it was Dan.

Without letting my aura escape, I slowly stepped out of the tent and looked at the man. The moon illuminated his face, and I could see that he had a smile. He stood up and wiped the dirt off his butt.

"It's a misunderstanding. I walked into the wrong tent. Forgive me." He said as he scratched his head, pretending that nothing he had done was purposeful.

"That's the second time someone tried to rape me this week." I sighed. Even as I tried to calm myself down, I began to feel that lid that held my fury slowly being ripped off.

My blood began to boil.

I clenched my fists and started walking toward Dan.

"Rape? You can only be crazy. I would never do something like that. I told you, I walked into the wrong tent." Dan said in a serious tone this time. But I didn't care.

The lid had already been ripped off.

All the anger began to overflow from my body along with that damn aura.

As my aura leaked out, I saw Dan's expression change and his legs gave way. He shook like a frightened dog, and his pants began to get wet.

"You. Apologize." I stared at him as I threw all my hatred at him. He was trying to get away by dragging himself along the ground, and I continued to walk toward him. "Apologize," I said again.

"Apologize," I said again.

Even though I gave him several opportunities, he was still silent and trembling like a frightened child.

It's enough. I'm tired of this shit. Who does this guy think he is to try to rape me? Someone like that should not be forgiven, should he? I'm sure he shouldn't. Ah, that thought again.

I have never killed anyone before; why do I keep having that thought? I shouldn't even be thinking about doing something like that.

But whatever, it doesn't matter now. Moral? Everything is different in this world, isn't it?

"Apologize," I said one last time in a cold voice that made even my heart tremble. Dan, his face pale, let out one final scream before he was impaled by a metal structure that fell from the sky.

It pierced his entire body and entered the ground.

A large amount of blood splashed everywhere, including me.

Do you know what I felt when I saw his body in that state? Nothing.

Do you know why? Because he deserved it.

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

101