Chapter 15 – Crying like two children.
2.2k 6 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
It is a shorter chapter, but I will post 2 tomorrow. Enjoy :)

 

I stared at his body for a few seconds before finally realizing what I had done. I didn't panic, but I decided to get out of there as quickly as possible because I knew that I would get in trouble if I stayed in this place.

No, I'm sure I'll be in trouble anyway. I killed an adventurer. I'll indeed be expelled from the guild if they find out about it.

"I need to tell the truth... He tried to rape me, and I killed him. But will they believe me? Dan is an experienced adventurer, and he has many friends. Damn it, what do I do?" I turned away from Dan's body and walked toward my tent.

I picked up the bag I had taken to the tent and then left.

I looked once more at Dan's body.

A sharp metal structure like a pyramid had fallen from the sky and pierced his body. I don't know how I did it, but I'm sure it was me. Maybe my anger controlled my body and created this thing?

Is this possible?

Now I started to get extremely worried. Could another person share the same body as me that created this thing?

"No, I'm getting paranoid." I took a deep breath and then compressed my aura again. I did this naturally, forgetting about the other adventurers, Thaddeus and the coachman.

I started to hear some screams, and then I saw Jack and Paul coming out of the tent. Both were pale, and their bodies were trembling. They saw me standing in the middle of the camp and then looked at Dan's body a few feet away from me.

"Shit. What happened?!" Jack shouted as he approached Dan's body. He tried to push the metal structure to pull it off from Dan's body and throw it to the ground, but the structure didn't move.

"Sophia, what the hell happened here?!" Paul said and desperately ran to Jack's side to help.

'They are idiots; can't they see that all his organs are out? He's already dead.' His body was practically split in two.

I continued to watch the two of them in silence. Then Thaddeus appeared beside me.

"What happened? Did you do this?" He had a good intuition.

"Yes," I answered honestly. There was no way I could make up a lie here. Is there a monster who can create something like that to kill someone? I'm sure there isn't.

"Why?" Thaddeus asked calmly as if he wasn't worried. Smith was silent, looking at the two friends desperately trying to get that structure off Dan.

"I was sleeping, and he broke into my tent and caressed me. I lost my mind and ended up doing it."

"..."

"You don't believe me?"

"I believe you. That man was interested in you." Thaddeus sighed. "You must be wondering how I figured that out. Well, it wasn't hard to figure out. Search your mind for all the moments when you talked to him or when he looked at you."

I searched my mind and remembered a few things. Especially scenes where Dan stared at my breasts as if he wanted to eat them. It was disgusting. I should have imagined that something could happen.

"What will happen now?" I asked Thaddeus.

Then he smiled and answered.

"Don't worry; you won't be punished. No matter how hard those guys try to accuse you of murder, I can testify on your behalf."

"Why?"

"Hm?"

"You just met me, didn't you?"

"Exactly. I've only known you a short time, but those guys I've known for a long time. They are good professionals and always did a good job when I hired them. But they don't have a good track record with women... Especially Dan."

"Should you be hiring people like that?"

"Hahaha, I'm an idiot, aren't I? But it's not my fault if a pretty girl decided to ask to travel with me. I had hired them before, and I couldn't have undone our agreement."

"But you could have refused my request."

"If I had done that, you would have been annoyed, wouldn't you? And I also couldn't imagine that one of these guys would try to rape you. As much as Dan has a bad history, he has never tried to rape anyone, not least because that kind of crime is not forgiven anywhere." Thaddeus squinted his eyes, looking irritated.

"True... But what to do now? Should we go back to the city or move on?"

"Let's continue the journey to the next town. Of course, we'll have to take Dan's body and notify everything to the guild. Probably the guards will also investigate what happened here."

"Shit... That's going to be tiring."

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." Thaddeus smiled, and then we took another look at the two friends. They had finally given up on removing that massive structure from Dan's body, accepting their friend's death.

They both knelt beside his body and cried like two children. It was quite an emotional scene, yet I didn't mind too much.

Then, after they finished, they came up to confront me.

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

99