Chapter 16 – We have arrived in the town called Niethe.
2.1k 6 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened here? Sophia?!" Jack approached and tried to grab my shoulders. But I managed to dodge easily and took a few steps back. Thaddeus then stood between the two of them and me.

"You two, calm down."

"How can I calm down? Dan is dead! Did this girl kill him? Why are you protecting her?!" Jack yelled at Thaddeus, but he just sighed and replied calmly. "She's the one who killed him, but she had a motive behind it."

'He was quite sincere...'

"A motive? Look at what she did to Dan! That damned bitch, I'm going to kill you! Do you hear me? I'm going to kill you!" Jack ran toward the tent and then withdrew his spear from inside.

Thaddeus' eyes widened, and Smith stepped in front of him to protect him, afraid that Jack would try to hit him. But Jack completely ignored him and advanced toward me. I stood still and then took his attack.

Of course, I put up some protection.

Using ice magic, I created a wall almost 30 centimetres thick. I thought it wouldn't be strong enough, but Jack's spear didn't damage the ice wall.

'He's weak!' I said in my mind.

Jack then ignored the wall and came towards me. He tried to hit me with his spear, but I avoided it masterfully. I could follow his movements easily as if he was moving in slow motion.

'Is that the power of a reincarnates?' I smiled because of my thought.

"Why are you laughing? Are you a psychopath, by any chance? You killed him for no reason, and you can still smile?" Jack's eyes were full of tears and were red. I don't know if his eyes were red because he was crying or because of his anger toward me.

But whatever.

Did he say that I killed that idiot for no reason? But he doesn't even know what happened. Wait for a second, didn't Thaddeus say that Dan tried to rape me? Is this idiot just ignoring this?

"Your precious friend tried to rape me, so I fought back," I said calmly as I leaned my body and avoided his spear once again. Jack then screamed and started to attack several times.

But they were slow attacks.

I moved my body, taking steps back, avoiding all his attacks. I still saw no need to fight back, and I wanted to try to have a little dialogue with him before I did anything.

If he doesn't calm down and keep trying to kill me, I will have to do something about it.

"Dan tried to rape you? Hahahaha, you've got to be kidding me. Is this the lie you made up to fool Thaddeus? Dan would never do such a thing." Forget it; this guy is entirely an idiot.

He probably liked his friend so much that he couldn't see him as a bad person and a criminal. Or maybe this guy is just as bad as Dan.

Since he didn't want to listen to me and continued to attack me several times, I decided to strike back. I casually used magic and created some "ropes" of earth that came out of the ground and grabbed his arms.

They began to wrap themselves like tentacles around his entire body. What is this, a scene from hentai?

In a few seconds, he was completely immobilized.

"What is it? Let me go, you fucking bitch! I'm going to kill you, do you hear me? PAUL, DO SOMETHING!" I sighed.

"You're completely out of control, Jack." I stepped closer and smiled as I looked into his eyes. He then gritted his teeth and yelled for Paul again, but Paul ignored him.

Paul had already accepted the truth.

As I continued to be attacked, Thaddeus talked to him, and he seemed to have believed what Thaddeus had said. Fortunately, someone who can use his brain to think a little.

I wouldn't kill someone for no reason...

Although they don't know me...

"Stay here for a while until you calm down. If you don't calm down, I'll make sure to tie you up until we get to the next town and report you to the guards for attempted murder." He tried to kill me, didn't he?

"You dare to do that? When they find out you killed Dan, they'll arrest you and rip your head off." Jack had a smile on his face. I had no reason to argue, so I approached the other three: Paul, Thaddeus, and Smith.

Paul looked at me, clearly saddened by the situation. I remained silent and then walked over to where Dan's body lay. I then leaned against the structure and wished it away.

Just as I wished, it compressed and then turned into a small metal sphere that went into my hand's palm. I didn't feel any discomfort, but it entered my body.

'But this confirms that I was responsible for this. I wonder if I can create it again...'

Then I turned around and walked over to Paul and Thaddeus' side.

"You take care of his body. I don't want to touch that disgusting thing." After hearing my words, Paul bit his lips, looking frustrated and then walked over to his tent. He took a sheet and then wrapped Dan's body in it.

He took only his body, and his organs were buried right there. Unfortunately, I had to help by digging the hole with earth magic.

So, after that, Paul approached Jack and talked to him for a while, trying to explain everything that had happened. Of course, he refused to believe that Dan had wanted to rape me.

He was stubborn.

####

It was day, and Jack was still out of control. I gave up trying to calm him down, so I proposed to tie him up until we reached the next town. Paul would take care of him during the whole period.

He would give him food, water, and everything that a human being needs to survive.

Of course, Jack was against this, but Paul agreed to take care of him. I used magic and bound his entire body as best I could. All the "ropes" of earth wrapped around his body.

Then after he was bound, he was laid down on the carriage floor, and we set off towards the next town.

About Dan's body, it would be impossible to put it inside the carriage since it would start to stink. So I protected his body with earth magic, and then Paul wrapped some more cloth around him.

Then with a rope, his body was tied to the carriage. We would drag his body along the road.

From then on, it was a quiet trip. We only had to listen to Jack swear at me for a while until he finally gave up when he realized that I didn't care.

So after a few more challenging days, we arrived in the town called Niethe.

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

92