Chapter 18 – Adventurous Women.
2k 2 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I approached the plain where the monsters were supposed to be and looked around. I couldn't find anything, just some flowers and small holes in the ground. There was also a lot of grass.

The receptionist said that these monsters like to live underground, so...

I used magic and then moved all the earth within a radius of 20 meters. I took all the dirt off the ground and lifted it. When I did, several monsters started running.

They all had a hard shell protecting their bodies and had a long tail; their name is "Armadillo"

"We also had these animals in my old world, but they weren't that big..." These monsters were about a foot tall and ran fast. However, I would not let them escape.

Using fire magic, I hit everyone who tried to run away.

I didn't think it would cause any damage, but their bodies were charred, and they died almost instantly.

"Now the flesh has become useless." The reward would be greater if I washed the flesh of these monsters, but I think the reward for subduing them is good enough. So I ripped their heads off and took them with me.

It's scary how I'm getting used to killing monsters and animals.

####

So, after arriving at the guild, I handed over the monsters' heads and received my reward. I was satisfied now. I didn't think I needed to save more money, and now I needed to focus on getting transport to Bacrow.

Like last time, I asked the receptionist.

"Do you know if anyone is going to Bacrow in a carriage?" As soon as I asked the question, the receptionist looked through some documents before answering.

"There is an escort mission there, but some adventurers have already taken on it."

"Can you give me the contact of who asked for this mission?"

"Of course..." The receptionist wrote something on a piece of paper. "He's staying at this inn. But don't tell anyone I gave you that information, all right?" She smiled at me, and I smiled back.

So I ran towards the inn she had said. Of course, I had to ask for help to get there since the inn was not on any of the three busiest streets. The inn was in a more remote location.

I had to walk through some streets and alleys to get there.

The inn was in an alley. It had only one door and a small sign that said "Pousada."

"I would never have known about the existence of this inn if it weren't for that. It's practically hidden." I grabbed the door handle and opened it. The door creaked, and then I found a lobby much smaller than the others.

There were no tables. They probably didn't serve food at this place.

"May I help you?" Behind the counter was an old woman who could have easily been 80 years old. Her eyes were so closed I wondered if she was seeing me well.

"Yes, I'm looking for someone named Ricardo. A merchant."

"Ricardo? Oh yeah, wait a second." The woman slowly climbed the stairs, and then a man came down with her. His clothes didn't suit this place, which was very humble.

He was wearing a suit and a top hat, like a stereotypical millionaire character.

"You called me? Hmm? Who are you?" He also had a moustache, which seems to be common among merchants.

"My name is Sophia. I am an adventurer."

"I understand. Are you one of the women who accepted my request?"

"Women? Was it a group of women who accepted your request?"

"The group's name is 'Dawn Maidens', so I thought they were women. I, unfortunately, haven't found them yet. We will meet for the first time tonight."

"I understand. I am not part of that group."

"Hmm? So why are you looking for me?"

"It's because I need to go to Bacrow, so I'd like to ask you to take me with you. My Rank is still low, so I can't accept an escort mission, but I'm quite strong."

"You are low rank, but are you strong? This is a little contradictory." The man smiled.

"I promise you I'm strong. Anyway, I won't interfere with the trip. I can pay if need be." I said as I looked into her dark eyes. Ricardo then took off his top hat and sighed.

"Listen, girl. Why are you so excited to go to Bacrow?"

"I have something important to do there."

"If you don't tell me clearly, it will be difficult for me to accept taking you there."

"Okay… I need to get to the capital to find my mother again. She is a little sick, so she asked me to come to visit her."

"I see… It's a good reason. I accept that you go with us, but you will have to talk to the adventurers about it."

"Why?"

"They might be annoyed to have another adventurer interfering with the quest. I don't know if they're like that, but many adventurers get annoyed when something like that happens." Ricardo sighed and put his top hat back on his head.

"Alright, I'll talk to them. Can you tell me where you will find them tonight?"

"In a restaurant on the main street."

"I see. I'll be there."

"Wait a second. Madam, could you give me some paper and a pen?"

"Oh, sure."

Ricardo wrote some things on paper and handed it to me. "That's the name of the restaurant."

"Right, thanks." Ricardo then went up the stairs again, and I said goodbye to the old lady.

####

When night came, I headed towards the main street and looked for the restaurant that Ricardo had mentioned. The street was quite busy, and the restaurants were almost all packed, including the one he'd given me the name.

I walked in and started to be watched by many men. It was pretty uncomfortable. I found a huge room full of tables and a kitchen visible to customers. It was like a restaurant of wealthy people from my old world. This place sure was expensive.

I looked around and looked for Ricardo and the adventurous girls he had told me about.

When I found Ricardo and saw the three adventurers with him, I was paralyzed.

"Why are you here?"

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

88