Chapter 21 – Eye Patch.
1.9k 13 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived in town a few hours later. I continued to think about what I should do about my eyes. In addition, I also searched my mind if people were really afraid of this.

And yes, they were afraid.

Even when I had learned to control my aura, some people seemed scared of me. I didn't care, so I didn't realize how much people avoided me.

The only people who approached me were men interested in doing something with me, like Dan and the guys I met at the adventurer's guild.

But of course, some people weren't afraid: Some people I met on the street, the receptionists of the guilds from the cities I visited, Thaddeus and his butler.

'Well, even if there are people who are not afraid, I need to hide my eye. I'm sure this will get in my way at some point.'

The carriage then passed through the gate after we identified ourselves. Like Thaddeus, Ricardo looked like someone famous as the guards treated him very well.

After the carriage had gone a few more meters, we stopped in front of a building next to the gate: The Adventurers Guild.

It was weird. It even looked like a game where people used the same building model to build all the guilds. It was very similar to the other guilds; the only thing different was its size. It was a little smaller than the one in the previous city.

I got off the carriage along with everyone and then watched them enter the guild. Ricardo invited me to go with them, but I declined.

Nicole was always looking at me, afraid I was going to leave. But I stayed there, waiting for them to leave because I wanted to talk to them about my eye.

They're used to this world, so I'll ask where I can buy an eye patch to hide one of my eyes. I could go to some random clothing store to look it up, but...There don't seem to be any clothing stores nearby, and probably not all of them sell.

Even though the guild was smaller, this city was the biggest one I had entered so far. It would be challenging to look for a good store.

The main street was wide, all the buildings had two or three floors, and many more people were on the streets. It was as if I was in the capital of some state in my old world.

'I can't even imagine what the capital will be like.'

And the detail that caught my attention was that some buildings were made with bricks. The guild was one of them. In the other two cities, the buildings were all made of wood.

"It even seems that cities get more modern the closer we get to the capital."

"What's it?"

"Oh, Nicole." I was surprised by her sudden approach. Nicole was at the front, the other two at the back. Ricardo had already gotten into the carriage, and it had started to move away.

I think I got too distracted again. I have to stop this as it can be risky. What if a killer suddenly appears? I would be dead! But of course, I don't have a killer after me, right?

I then cleared my throat and spoke to the three of them. "Could you guys help me find an eye patch? Something to hide one of my eyes." I looked around and saw some people looking at me.

Damn, now that I've started paying attention to this, it's a little challenging to put up with all those looks on me!

"Of course, I know some good shops in Bacrow." Nicole smiled. "What do you think about helping her?" Nicole looked at Maine and Julia. The two nodded and smiled.

"I do not see any problems."

"I also need to buy some clothes."

That's what they said.

I followed Nicole and walked the street towards an unknown store (at least for me)

I told her not long ago that I didn't want to talk to her because of what happened, but now I'm walking beside her towards a store. I'm a complete idiot! It looks like I didn't care enough about what happened, even though I was annoyed that day...

But with Dan, it was different... I felt such a rage that I ended up killing him.

Maybe I'm not caring enough because Nicole is a pretty girl?

'Okay, as soon as I buy what I need, I'm going to walk away from her. I don't know when she'll try to do something again.'

Although she didn't do anything during the trip, I couldn't be fooled by her smile. I'm sure she's not sorry! She stared at my breasts the entire trip with that dirty look.

####

We walked for a few minutes and turned some streets until we reached a store on a busy little street in the residential neighborhood of the city.

As soon as we arrived, Nicole entered along with the other two, and I followed close behind. The door was open, and a foot mat on the floor said, "Welcome." By the way, I've never wondered how I can read things in this world, have I?

But it's all written in English... Whatever.

"Excuse me, we came to look for an eye patch for my friend. Come here, Sophia." Nicole called to me, and I approached the counter. The woman on the other side of the counter looked at me for a while. She was probably surprised because of my eyes.

"Hm, I have two eye patches here. Both are made of good material." The woman took out two eye patches from under the counter and showed them. "Usually they are used by people with eye injuries or people who have lost an eye. This is the first time anyone has come here looking for an eye patch to hide different colored eyes."

The woman laughed.

"..." I was silent and then took the two eye patches. Both were black; the difference was one was made for the left eye and one for the right eye. I would have to choose a color to cover, and of course, I chose the color blue. The golden color is much prettier!

After I bought my eye patch, I put it on. It was cheap, around 100 Luris. Yes, the name of the coin was that.

"I prefer you without it, but you're still pretty that way." She smiled, and I looked away. Shut up.

 

Favorite? :3

85