Chapter 28 – Inequality.
1.4k 6 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran at an unbelievable speed. Before I knew it, I could see the capital wall in the distance. I never thought I would have speed like that... How strong am I? I guess I've been ignoring that.

"I need to do tests. If I'm as strong as I think I am, nothing will be a problem for me." I gave a smile and then walked towards the capital gate. Like the other cities, there was a line.

The line was huge. I would probably only get into the city in a few hours. But I had to get in line; there was no other choice. I even tried to look for another gate, but...

The other gate was one behind the capital, and when I got there after running for miles, the guard said:

"This entrance is exclusive for nobles." I had to go back to the main gate.

Then I got in line and stood there along with several other people. They should make a better system; if there are always lines like this, I refuse to live in this place. It is impossible to be an adventurer here.

Can you imagine leaving and finding a line like this every day? That is out of the question.

Anyway, I intend to go away after I've accomplished my goal.

So two hours passed until my turn came. The guards approached me acting intimidating, but when I handed them my adventurer's license, they allowed me in.

They also asked me about my eye patch, but I just said I had lost my eye when I was a child. The guards believed this.

And after passing through the gate, I had finally entered the capital. Was disappointing. Apart from the enormous decorated castle in the middle of the city and the number of people, there was nothing different from Everan.

The buildings were made of bricks and also had several floors.

"Haaa~~" I sighed and walked the main street. It was just a straight street that led directly to the castle gate. I approached the castle, and the guards stared at me, threatening me.

Then I stopped walking and just looked at the whole structure.

A five-meter gate, a vast garden full of flowers and grass, even had one of those garden mazes. But what was most striking was the castle itself. It was all white and had two towers, one on each side.

At the top of the left tower, there was a bell. And in the right tower, there seemed to be something that looked like a place where a guard stood to observe everything around. But besides that guard and the guards everywhere around the walls, I could also see some inside the garden.

It is almost impossible to break into this place without being seen. If I try to break into this place, I will indeed be arrested. I could get away, but it would make my mission a little more complicated.

Haa~~~

I sighed once more and walked away from the gate. The guards clicked their tongues as they watched me walk away. Then I threw some of my aura at them.

I couldn't control it perfectly, so it was slightly stronger than I expected. The four guards in front of the gate shook their bodies and fell to the ground. I wondered if any of them had peed their pants.

I don't doubt it.

I backed away while laughing. The guards didn't even realize that I threw my aura at them. They looked around desperately for an enemy; it was funny to watch.

But now, let's find a place to stay. I need to think of a way to break into the castle.

"Huh?" Walking down the main street, I saw a sign posted in front of a store.

[ Princess's Birthday. ]

The sign said the princess would give a speech and publicly appear in four days. Isn't that convenient? It's an excellent opportunity to kill her! Okay, now I have to wait four days.

I'll look for a good inn around here. Since it's the capital, there must be plenty of them.

####

It was not as easy as I expected. All the inns I found were so expensive that I almost panicked. I also noticed no food stalls on the streets, only restaurants.

And what struck me the most was that the number of homeless people had grown significantly. The alleys were full of men and women lying down. Some of them were injured and looked sick.

But what shook me the most was seeing a group of children begging for money and food. Whenever they received something, they jumped for joy. It was a sad thing.

Seeing this, I approached them. I gave them some money, bought some food from a nearby restaurant, and shared it with the four children. They seemed very grateful.

I talked a little with them and found out they lived in one of the orphanages in the capital. It seemed to have several orphanages. Abandoning children is normal in the capital, so the orphanages are always full.

'What the fuck?!'

And many orphanages have problems maintaining themselves since they receive very little money. The oldest child told me this; he was about 12 years old. He was a brilliant child.

After talking more with the children, I walked away. They waved and ran into one of the alleys. I felt like helping them, but why? My goal is to destroy the world.

Speaking of which, wouldn't it be easier to start the destruction right now?

 

Favorite? :3

67