Chapter 39 – Feeling of freedom.
2.6k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All right, I guess it's time for me to say goodbye." The day had come for the princess's speech, and I prepared to leave the capital. The city was quite busy, and they had already set up the stage for the princess to use.

Yes, they had set up a stage in front of the castle. It was as if a famous rock band was going to perform there.

The number of guards had also significantly increased. The city seemed safer than ever. And after putting my heavy backpack on my back, I left the inn with a smile.

This place is very welcoming; It's a pity that I can't stay here. If I weren't going to lose control at any time, I would stay at this place. "Right, the street is busy, and the carriages keep coming."

Carriages were coming in all the time. They were people from other cities who had come for the princess' birthday celebration. Getting through the gate would be a big problem, but I had no other way out to use.

It would be fantastic if I could fly around.

'I wonder if I can use magic like that?' Now I'm curious about it.

"Hey, girl, where do you think you're going?" A guard called out to me as I approached the gate.

"I'm leaving the capital."

"Leaving? On the day the princess will make her speech?"

"I can't leave?"

"Of course, you can, but it's not normal for residents to leave the capital during such an important event. You don't live here, do you? I don't remember seeing you around here before." The guard was new; I had never seen him around.

"I arrived in the capital a few days ago, but I'm just visiting. I'm going back to my home now."

"I see." The man looked suspicious but just signaled for me to leave and approached a carriage to check on the occupants. With a sigh, I left the capital.

I could feel the blond guy's gaze on me. When I looked at him, he was smiling.

"I didn't contact him after that his visit to the inn. I wonder if he found out anything." I shrugged and continued. After a few minutes of walking, the entrance to the capital had disappeared.

I could see only new carriages arriving and also the great wall.

So, I turned off the road and headed into a forest on the left. I didn't know where to go now, but I brought a map. It was a smaller version of it.

"There are many towns nearby, but where should I go? Maybe I should go to some of those villages instead of a city? No, I think I should stay away from people at least for today. I have a very clear chance to kill the princess, maybe I'll lose my control because of that."

I may be being too cautious, but I think it's better to stay away.

I walked between the trees and crossed the forest without encountering many problems. Arriving on the other side, I found a lake marked on the map, a half-day journey from here was another town.

Since it was dark, I decided to make a camp and rest for today.

Using earth magic, I built a house with a bedroom and kitchen. I even created a stove that used firewood in addition to a dining table. It is a surprise that I can control my magic with such precision.

My bed was just a solid block of earth, so I put a blanket over it so it was more comfortable.

I put torches on the walls and prepared my food before bed. Of course, I was attacked at night because of the torches that attracted the monsters.

After I turned out the torches, I could sleep peacefully. At least until the morning.

GRRRR~~

Hearing a growl, I opened my eyes. Beside my bed, a big brown drooling wolf was staring at me.

"Good morning." Then a spear of ice went through its head. "I won't need to hunt for breakfast." I dismantled its body with a smile and prepared his meat before leaving the house.

I yawned and looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful day.

####

I destroyed the house I had created and started walking towards the next town. I didn't want to return to the capital now. Maybe I will do that in the future.

"But speaking of traveling, couldn't I test use flight magic now? Something like that is possible? Okay, I need to concentrate. I have no way to imagine this, but maybe just say "something" is enough?" So I started to say several things.

"Floating!"

"Wind, take me!"

"I want to fly!"

"Flight magic!"

Until a single word and a little more concentration were enough. "Flight" Uttering this, I began to feel my body getting lighter. At the same time, a strong wind began to sway my hair.

I felt a chill in my stomach as my feet suddenly left the ground.

"Wawawawa," I started making strange sounds as I got used to the feeling. And after about 3 minutes or so, I stayed still in the air. So I decided to try to control my body.

"Up," I said. So I started to go up. It was slow, so I said, "Faster" Then I went even faster.

"STOP!" Being high enough, I stopped in mid-air. I looked around and admired all the surroundings. I was high, very high. I could view the entire forest and see the capital wall in the distance.

Even though I was far away, I could still see it. I could also see the next city where I would stay.

"Maybe I am at a higher altitude than a plane normally flies in my old world." I smiled and said, "Forward," I began to fly forward.

It was like a video game controller that worked by voice. Or did I not need to say anything? So I just thought about the direction I wanted to go, and I started moving as I wanted. I even did some maneuvers in the air.

Honestly, this feeling of freedom is something incredible!

 

Favorite?

45