769. War (4)
50 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Batman who was already dead was having none of it and directly flew out to punch John who had just appeared. Beat first, talk later. But Batman was going to be disappointed and he was stopped by an invisible wall in front of John. The wall was so strong that even two consecutive punches couldn't do anything to the wall.

Batman was surprised more by this. He knew that he had already died and death gave him perfect control over his muscles and bones and the human body tended to have more strength when one has perfect control over their bodies.

He at that point was pretty sure that this was magic and the person who had appeared was a magician or at least someone with powers.

"Who are you?" Batman asked.

"I am John Jameson. I have come a long way in search of you and to make sure the universes left don't fall into more destruction."

"John Jameson... John Jameson... I know no other magician or any kind of mutant of that name from here. Fuck.. Why can't I remember what happened?"

"Batman who Laughs has wiped away all the things of the past and your memories haven't returned yet. But even if you do, you won't be able to remember me." John said.

"You know what is wrong with this world?" Batman asked.

"Oh yes. It's a long story." John said as he sat beside Batman. He could see that Batman was confused. He could tell that he was the owner of the Black Lantern and he was sure that he died before.

The fact that he was using a dark thing to be alive was disgusting to himself but he had no other choice. He could feel that the world was wrong and he was going to find out what was wrong but he could tell that the problem arose from the Bat Castle from the nearby continent. John meanwhile was a little confused about it too. After the mess with the multiverse, only Batman and Superman remembered the past mainly because the death of a person goes beyond Past, Present and Future, while Superman was caught instead of being killed in order to be used as a battery for the sun of the planet Earth.

This too had changed. It seemed like Dr. Strange Fate really did something and had his hands here.

"Tell me why are you here?" Batman asked. He could tell that even bringing the dead zombies won't be of help and this person named John didn't retaliate even after he tried to punch. Though Batman didn't trust this new guy that popped out of nowhere. He at least didn't have any malice for now.

"To help us overthrow the evil regime that is ruling the universe and bring back everything that you have lost."

"Us?"

""We have an army arriving in the next few hours. Your zombies would be of great help." John said.

"What do you want?" Batman wanted to know what this new 'magician' really wants.

"To bring back the old multiverse and make sure it survives and not under the rule of a demented version of you. Want to go and see Diana?" John asked.

"Diana!! Alright." Batman said and before he could say any other word John just teleported him to the underground castle of Themyscira where others were located. Diana had a rare smile on her face seeing the stupidity of Luffy who was clamouring about meat and even the guy named Goku joined their shenanigans.

But what gave her true happiness was when Batman arrived. She couldn't hold it anymore and went to hug Batman. He had missed her. She felt like she was glad that Batman she knew was still alive. Batman was taken aback by the sudden assault and was almost ready to defend but after seeing a known person had hugged him, he didn't stop.

"Hello Bruce.."

"Hello Diana. uhh... Seems like a long time ago."

"It's not actually, though you both feel that a lifetime has passed you both fought together not much time ago and since there is no past to the world, you both feel like an eternity has passed."

"Diana you understood what we spoke before, you can explain it to him. I thought Batman had his old memories but I was wrong." John said.

Diana then explained what John had spoken of before. Actually Diana was still skeptical of what John and this new team had said bit somehow she could feel that what John said was right. Probably because John had the Phoenix Force and he was the embodiment of life force.

Batman being the paranoid of the group didn't believe what John said at all but for now he would dance with them as he needed allies now. As Diana was talking with Bruce, John received a call.

The call he had been waiting for!

Announcement
Read 40+ chapters on my patreon
4