The prophesied war
2.2k 2 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yondu cut the call after he understood what he needed to stop the mouth of John opening, he didn't want to lose his respect and dignity in the high table. He spread the information about the location of Gamora and others and and directly flew to Xandar to insert himself in the upcoming confrontation. His crew didn't know his plans as he didn't tell them.

He was pretty sure there would be huge opposition if they came to know his plans. Peter on the other hand wanted to know about Ego as he felt this new guy had definitely connections with him as Yondu asked him to be away from John after he guessed that John was working for Ego.

John as usual refused to tell about Ego. He just said that he would come to know when the time was right. Gamora who wasn't with the call was talking with Rocket and asked about Groot and what Rocket said about Groot almost made her fall down.

"You mean to say that Groot's ring gives him power to roam in the universe and be a policeman? There are others like him too?" Gamora asked.

"Yes. The ring chooses their new owner according to the character of a person from the universe. My girlfriend, my friend who trained who trained Groot are also green lanterns." John said as he heard Gamora getting surprised by Rocket's question.

"Then why haven't I heard of them before? I have never seen them when I roamed the universe." Gamora asked with skeptical tone.

"Because they don't belong to this universe..." John then proceeded to say the same old lengthy lie. Now everybody were amazed by this, even Rocket, as he didn't know the whole story about the Guardians.

"You really weren't lying when you said you guided the Guardians here." Rocket asked.

"I really meant that Rocket. The power stone will be handed over to them for safekeeping as that would be the best security for it." John said.

Now everybody got interested about the Guardians and asked him about their history. John spoke vaguely about it with them as he too had less idea. If it was the Guardians of the comics it would have been more easier but the Guardians of Oa in this universe aren't so powerful like in the comics.

John wondered if he could ever get the template from the comics version, because that would help him take out the actual big guns of DC. As they were talking Lex came back from his work.

"Lex tell Nova Prime that Ronan might arrive soon. Tell her to be ready with security purposes. I would deal with Ronan myself." John said to Lex.

"Yes." Lex said as he went to inform Irani.

"You all need to get rest and prepare yourself in the upcoming war. Rocket you can make weapons but not very powerful ones as I don't want my Dark Aster to have scratches."

"You really want to take away that spaceship?" Rocket asked.

"Of course. Why buy a new one when Ronan is coming to gift the spaceship himself." John said.

They all went to rest and freshen themselves as they were running around all these few days. Now they could rest in peace. Even though Quill still doubted John as Yondu warned him but he knew that John needed them until Ronan arrives. So he went to have proper rest.

Nova Prime later called John about the incoming assault. John didn't give her a proper reply as he wasn't sure how Ronan would attack as he didn't have the power stone now. If Ronan was clever he would try assassinating Gamora and others instead of frontal assault.

But then again Ronan was stupid enough to do a frontal assault with such a small team in Xandar. He might have destroyed Xandar with the power stone in the actual story but that would cost him his whole crew. John just wanted to see if this guy was clever or just had a load of s**t in his head.

The Nova Prime took the advice of John seriously as she immediately called the Nova Corps to be stationed for the attack of Ronan while taking away the general audience away from the city. Since John said there might be a chance that Ronan would land in the capital she wasn't going to take any chances.

She just hoped that they would get enough time to call back the Nova corps who were stationed in different parts of the Empire. But sadly Ronan didn't give them enough time.

Ronan did come the next day with his fleet and when Dark Aster arrived with it's fleet it surprised John too as now there was an additional fleet. The fleet which should never have appeared in Xandar at all. At least not in the next few years.

The fleet that belonged to Thanos. John after seeing this had a smile in his face as Thanos just gave him a bigger stage to showcase his power.

82