The 2nd war (2)
1.4k 1 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John on the other hand faced Glaive. He and Constantine together. And Glaive didn't even get a fighting chance. Both Constantine and John blasted Glaive by lightning. That lightning was strong enough to fry his body. Glaive died with regret that he couldn't avenge his wife not knowing that it was John himself who killed his wife.

This wasn't a battle. It was a slaughter. The Chitauris were dying like bugs and outriders too weren't far off from extinction on the battlefield after fighting for hardly 15 minutes.

The leviathans were confronted by kages. Both present and current ones. Naruto was able to easily kill the leviathans. And Sasuke joined him by cutting them down using his Susano.

Thanos who was still fighting Tony saw all of this. His precious army which he had gathered after such a long time couldn't even handle their first outright battle against a united army. He had faced many worlds over time but he had never seen such an overpowered large number of people.

In the last New York war, Earth had never shown such high strength and numbers. This was a well prepared ambush for him. Then he remembered John saying that he had been waiting for him for the last 20 years.

The enemy must have known about his strengths and weaknesses and prepared really well. The most astonishing part was that he was able to gather such amazing people around him.

Tony on the other hand was able to finally manage a cut on Thanos's hand. He was actually sad. He thought he would be able to kill Thanos alone but he was disappointed. His extremis vibranium armor was powerful, but it still fell short to kill Thanos.

Even though Tony wasn't on the losing side, he wasn't exactly winning either. John flew over to his place.

"Need any help?" John shouted while levitating near the fight. Steve and Tony both stepped back when John said that.

"He really is Thanos. My outright nemesis." Tony mumbled. Steve, who had been fighting against him, was breathing hard. This was probably one of the toughest fights he had to face even after having Mjolir and help from Tony.

Thanos on the other hand caught his breath from all the continuous fighting and gave instructions to use Sanctuary II to shoot down at all of them.

John had always known that Thanos would make such a move. He actually expected Thanos to use it much earlier. Then he remembered that he had been fighting nonstop against Tony and Steve. Naruto who got the cue from John through the system shouted

"Oh no. You are not going to piss on all the other hard work we just did. Kurama, it's our time."

Naruto proceeded to use 'Bijudama' while the guns were getting pointed at the ground. Since the guns were faster it shot first. Thor, Hal and Strange used their powers to stop the shots while Naruto conjured the 'Bijudama'.

After a few seconds of defending, the 'Bijudama' was ready. And Naruto shot at the spaceship which was raining fire. The 'Bijudama' flew straight to the spaceship and exploded with a loud bang.

The explosion was so immense that there was a huge shockwave around. The people on the ground and air had to literally protect themselves from the shockwave.

Thanos looked at all this with devastation showing his face. He sat down on a rock beside with sadness. He knew he had lost the battle. His army was crumbling very fast and nothing would remain after seconds. Even his spaceship was blasted away by a single man.

Thor, Strange and Wayne who were flying around killing whoever they saw irritating to their eyes came flying down near Thanos. Even Loki joined in this. He had seen how he was killed by Thanos, so he too wanted to join in the fun.

John of course was recording all of this from all possible angles with the help of GAIA. He would then give it to LexCorp to handle the videos and upload it to the web of the universe. This would surely bring attention to John's works. This was his main plan.

He wanted everybody to shine in this battle. He could have asked Wayne or Thor to just kill Thanos outright, but he stopped them from doing so. John lied to them saying this would help everyone getting recognition in the universe and Earth needed to keep some moves hidden. Even though Thor or Strange could have alone won the war, he advised them not to do so. They both agreed to it.

They understood that showing too much power might rub other empires the wrong way. And all the empires might even band together to attack them. They have enough on their plate, an annoying enemy was the least that they wanted now.

Thanos wasn't the only enemy in the universe.

"So Thanos, still think we fall short from Celestials?" John asked.

"Oye, what are Celestials?" Tony asked.

"I will explain it to you later." John said, stopping Tony who was interrupting.

"Do you really think you can defeat them? You haven't even seen how powerful they are." Thanos said seeing the ignorance of John.

"I have seen how powerful they are and what they can do. I know more of them, more than you and your brother combined. And I can say it now, we will face them and will defeat them." John said.

59