The Resistance (2)
1.3k 0 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am sorry we can't take the risk. Even if you are innocent we need to take you down. And then we can figure out what is going on. Cloak is a dumb guy." Luke said as he went to punch John. John who saw this sighed. He really didn't get peace after coming to this universe. First it was 'SHIELD' and now the Resistance.

The Resistance were a group of superheroes who weren't mutated like the other homo superior. Since homo sapiens were on the lesser number they were discriminated against by homo superior. It was a matter of racism. And the Resistance was built on the sole fact to combat this oppression.

As many people ran to tackle John, chains started appearing from all sides. They immediately chained down all who were trying to take down John. All the members of the Resistance couldn't even move an inch. In all of this John just sat and watched. He felt the resistance was really dumb.

He expected more from them. Especially when they had Moon Knight. He was the representative of a God. There was no coherence in the team. Everybody looked detached and seemed like they did their own thing. This was proven by the fact that Cloak brought someone without even consulting the team.

But in all of this only Cloak didn't attack John. He just stood there and watched his comrades being chained by John, like he did with the mutants of SHIELD.

John who was sitting said "Now can you all calm down and talk?"

"What the f**k is this?" Clint screamed. First it was his bow, then he got plastered on a transparent shield and now these chains. He felt like this new guy was his born nemesis.

"These are the chains of Heaven. Built to constrain Gods." John replied as he removed his helmet. As he removed his helmet, his Dr. Fate attire vanished and he was back like a normal person.

"Sometimes it feels suffocating inside the helmet. By the way, I am John Jameson. Son of J Jonah Jameson. But there is a catch. I belong to another universe. I came here in search of someone but now when I look at this world I feel like laughing." John smiled with a wide grin.

"See Cloak, he is a spy. Why don't you attack him? Only you are powerful enough to stop him." Luke said as he saw with hope in his eyes at Cloak but Cloak still didn't move. It was as if he never listened to Luke.

"Stop it Cage. If I was a spy don't you think I would have killed you by now. You have already noticed that you can't break out of the chains. Can you all just calm down?" John said.

"If you aren't a spy then how do you know our names?" Moon Knight asked. He was probably the most intelligent guy in the group.

"Didn't I just say I come from another parallel universe? There too we have our own Moon Knight, Marc Spector." John said.

"Sh*t he really does know of my other identity." Marc mumbled.

"I know most of you. Luke Cage. Clint Barton. Barbara Morse. Do you want me to continue?" John said.

"If what you say is true, that you come from another parallel universe. How do we trust you?" Cloak spoke out for the first time.

"Trust me? Hahahaha... That's the funniest thing I heard. You can never trust me. Not after what this universe tried to pull on us 2 years ago." John said with a stern tone.

"So you can't help us?" Luke asked as he calmed down a bit. Even though he didn't believe John he needed to get out of the chains first. He needed to fake himself to make this new guy believe. He ignored the fact that John just mentioned about his universe being attacked.

"Help? Sure I can show you some directions in this small Resistance that you have built. But nothing more. I have more important matters to attend to than babysitting someone who just lost her imaginary children." John said and then he removed the chains.

All were surprised that John just removed the chains. Even though they didn't understand how the powers of John worked but the chains alone suffocated them. Many were skeptical about this move from John.

"This is a sign of good faith. I will say this one last time. I am not a spy. I am just a traveller. Wrong place, wrong time. Don't come at me again. I don't like being irritated. If I was a spy the Sentinels would have come by now. So stop with your measly shenanigans."

"We believe you." Moon knight said.

"I don't." Clint said as he again took his bow on his hands which was thrown off in a distance.

56