434. New King
1.3k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Phoenix, do you have a destiny line?" John asked as he reached home.

"Abstract entities don't have one. Why are you concerned about it? I thought it was because of your helmet or that watch you use." Phoenix replied in his mind. Even though Nabu was a living soul and omnitrix had aliens, they shouldn't have a destiny line because at the end their destiny line should coincide with him as they belonged to him in the first place.

"I have a feeling that this double destiny thing isn't because of the omnitrix. I am trying to shake this feeling off but something tells me that it isn't simple."

"Then we will face it together if a problem arises. Didn't you once say that life isn't a bed of roses." Phoenix replied.

"Right. I just wanted my life in peace not this unknown problem that is hovering over my head. But I guess I will have to live with it." John mumbled under his breath as he entered and went to have a proper bath.

This problem needs a cleansing of water. And a bath was the perfect way to do this. John didn't bother to go out for the rest of the day. Wakanda would need time to appoint the new Black Panther of the country and so they needed to wait.

Karn would be in prison until the new King comes to deal with everything. The next day John showed up to send the twins away to the Earth where their whole family was exiled to. All the Avengers were relieved to see that John was back to normal.

John and other Avengers went off to work as usual. Finally after a week, the new King of Wakanda called for the handing over for the culprit. Wayne called for their presence on the Ring as they needed to talk this through.

Wayne and John would be responsible for handling this situation with Karn. Finally the new king of Wakanda was at the Ring with Queen and Suri. They were invited to the SHIELD headquarters which John too attended with Fury.

Like all others, this was the first time he had come to SHIELD headquarters on the Ring. Even though he had been checking upon the memories of the ninjas he never bothered to visit the headquarters.

Soon he reached the conference room where he saw Wayne, Fury, the new King, Queen and Suri. John was not that surprised to see M'Baku as the new King of Wakanda. The last time he was very close to being the King and after T'Challa's death it was customary for him to take over as new King.

John entered the room and took his seat.

"What am I hearing? I thought you called us all to hand us over the culprit and now Fury is saying that you will not hand him over?`` The Queen asked. And her voice was remorseful and angry.

"It's not that we won't hand over the prisoner. It's that we can't." John replied.

"Explain." M'Baku replied this time. He knew that on the Ring only the Avengers had the full say here and he needed to be logical instead of being emotional here. Even though they were rivals, he had immense respect for T'Challa. Though their name had tarnished a bit due to the mishandling of T'Chaka, the previous King tried his best to rectify their mistakes.

Wayne then proceeded to tell the whole story of inheritors and the importance of Karn to the universe. He even showed the pictures of their meeting with Master Weaver and their video recording which he had done before.

"I don't accept it." Queen said as she refused to accept that a criminal who murdered his son would be given the responsibility of the web of life and destiny.

"It's not that we don't want to give you Karn, it's just that it is his destiny." John said.

"No." Suri almost screamed out when she said that. She didn't want to let the murderer escape just because it was written on the stars.

"We can negotiate a 10 year imprisonment for this guy named Karn and the Black Panther being a member of the Avengers. This is the last deal Wakanda can offer." M'Baku spoke up. All the three were surprised that M'Baku would propose such an absurd deal.

"What a nice way to insert yourself into the Avengers. 5 years of imprisonment for Karn and the approval into the Avengers would require you to go through a trial. Take it or leave it." John siad.

"John, I don't think it will be good to incorporate someone of unknown ambition into the Avengers. No offence to King M'Baku." Wayne said right on the spot. M'Baku meanwhile shrugged his shoulders while stopping the Queen and Suri to speak more into this. He knew this decision would anger the Queen, but the Avengers and Wakanda had started on the wrong foot from the beginning and he needed to remedy that if they needed to say relevant on Earth.

Announcement
Read 240+ more chapters on my patreon
51