485. Departure
1.1k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then it struck him. His doppelganger was right. They should have used an EMP blast to stop the Unmaker in its tracks and essentially stop him forever. They never thought of the problem in his way.

And then he shook his head. It would be too easy if a simple EMP blast was enough for the Unmaker. It shouldn't be that simple.

"What? Thinking that a simple EMP blast wouldn't be enough?" John asked as he saw Strange shaking his head.

"It would be too easy if it was just a simple EMP blast." Strange said.

"You are right. So how about a continuous EMP blast. Always. Till the end of time." John said.

"A neutron star." Both Tony and Banner said it out loud as only a neutron star could provide an electromagnetic pulse constantly.

"That's right. A neutron star always gives that out and we just need a portal to transfer the blast always. You could have done that long ago and could have saved a lot of people. Now we will have to do that." John said with a sigh.

At the end he would have to save their universe. Or else this Unmaker would just cause havoc in the multiverse. And their multiverse wasn't ready for this kind of threat.

"Avengers, time for work. The plan remains the one we came up with now. Open a portal between a neutron star and their Earth. This will create EMP blasts that will cover all of Earth. But that is the only solution that we can come up with now. Tony, Vision and all the superheroes who use electronics won't be allowed in this mission." John said.

"Hey! C'mon. I want to see their universe too." Tony said.

"And then what? Become handicapped or can you build a suit that is a copy of Faraday's cage?" John asked.

"Uh..."

"Yeah! Thought so. Avengers suit up." John finally announced refusing to take Tony away and none of the Avengers would support Tony's enthusiasm in this.

In this mission many would take part but many wouldn't be able to. John, Clark, Wayne, Banner, the wold school, excluding Geralt and the weaker ones and few others. Of course Tony had made a bunch of EMP grenades for them as John asked to.

Unmaker would never allow easy access to open a portal near him connecting to the neutron star and they had to make sure that the unmaker wouldn't get enough time to retaliate a counterattack against them.

Even the Living Tribunal couldn't kill it and all they could do was stop it. Even if it might not be possible for a neutron star to continue forever, at least it would last for long enough for humanity to survive the apocalypse.

Meanwhile, Strange was ashamed. When he first saw the reactions of these people, he felt that they were irresponsible, but only to realize that it was them who had been dumb and ignorant. Even though the Avengers here hadn't seen the Unmaker, the sheer solution that the people here came up with was better than they could in the last 12 hours.

They had failed as Superheroes. Or as Oliver liked to call it.

You have failed this Earth.

In an hour all were ready with their gears and Tony's genius team was given to make a huge EMP device that could work along with more EMP grenades.

"Are we ready?" John asked all.

"Ready as we can ever be, baby." Pietro said with a happy cheer.

"Strange you coming?" Wayne asked, looking at Strange as he looked like he had been spacing out. probably due to anxiety. Much time had passed since he came here.

When he managed to arrive here, the Unmaker was in its awakening form. And he was sure that by now he had rampaged their planet. All he prayed was the devastation wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

Strange nodded his head.

John wore his helmet as he needed to find the Unmaker and the universe where he was located.

Actually, it wasn't entirely their Earth's fault that they were in this situation. In the actual story Strange died but before he did he opened a portal between a neutron star and their earth.

It switched the Unmaker off but it also sent their Earth to the dark ages. With no electricity available for them as the portal remained open even after the death of Strange.

None of the remaining people of Earth knew magic nor the courage to go to the place where Unmaker was lying in sleep mode.

And this situation continued for years.

That was what the story should have been. But here Uatu took the lead which resulted in his death. He felt sad for him. Though he acted as a messenger, he could always tell that all he wanted was to help humanity.

For the unmaker he broke his oath and took the mission of helping the planet. but at the end he had to die. John had decided to give him a proper burial after all this was over.

Announcement
Read 240+ more chapters on my Patreon
46