488. Dark ages
964 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And this single blast was so massive that the blast radius covered the entire Earth, flinging Earth to a time when there was no electricity. All the appliances, the power stations, the cars, the trains, the buses and everything related to electricity got shut down.

But this didn't end.

The EMP blasts from the portal continued after a few moments as it again covered the entire Earth.

Again!!

And again!!

And this cycle went on.

The Unmaker was stopped but it came at a cost too. Death and destruction. Everywhere. Before it was just because of Unmaker but this time it was because of the EMP.

The people around cheered at these new heroes that had appeared out of nowhere and saved them by stopping this abomination. They didn't seem to care that their electronic devices had stopped working.

In the end, life was more important than electricity or mobiles.

John and others had already gone out of the magical dome that the witches had created, but all had a grave face. They had won but there were too many casualties. Though the people cheered, they weren't exactly happy.

After attending to the wounded nearby, John and others, despite the enthusiasm of the people around, left and went to a secluded place.

Strange of that Earth didn't participate in the attack as he felt his one hand had made him handicapped. He felt ashamed that the superheroes of their earth couldn't even save the people around while people from other universe made everything look easy in a matter of a few minutes.

"No wonder Uatu asked me to call you." Strange mumble but didn't speak it out loud.

"The whole of North America is gone." John spoke for the first time to break the silence.

"Earth's core has destabilised. This will start a whole lot of problems. Extreme change of weather will just be the start." Wayne said.

"How did that happen?" Banner asked as he returned from Hulk mode to normal.

"The emergence of the Unmaker from deep inside has caused the crust of the Earth to break away. The tectonic plates have been displaced and soon massive earthquakes would occur. And the constant attacks of the Unmaker has made holes on the crust which ran till the core. Now there is a volcanic eruption near Yellow Springs. This will have a domino effect on many situations and living conditions." Wayne replied.

"What about the dead people? John, can you bring them to life?" Clark asked.

"I can't bring the dead people back, because their souls have been tainted by the darkness of blackholes. If I bring them back to life they won't be alive in real sense. Just a walking dead. They would probably turn evil." Phoenix said as she too came out and sat on John's shoulder.

"No wonder I wasn't able to restore the hand of Strange. So much sucking of blackholes has filled the Unmaker with so much darkness that even I can't do anything about it." John said as he felt sad. He really thought of bringing the dead people back using his Phoenix Force but that was out of the board.

"Earth will have to remain in dark ages now and maybe forever. Untill someone comes and takes away the Unmaker, which I don't think anybody will. Even the Gods have washed their hands away from this shit." John said.

"And sadly there would be no one to help us." Strange said

"Now you need to brace yourselves for the upcoming deaths, more harsh days and total chaos." Wayne said. There was a sense of mourning in the atmosphere. But then Pietro said

"Why am I feeling a sense of deja vu here?"

"Huh!! Deja vu? How?" Hal asked.

"eh!!"

'What do you mean?"

Pietro didn't reply and just looked at Barry.

"What? Is there something in my costume? Do I need to change it?" Barry asked as he was confused too by what Pietro just meant by deja vu.

John was also confused by the words of Pietro because he didn't understand him. And then it struck him. The meaning behind Pietro's words. He slowly turned his head and looked at Barry.

It took others a few moments before others understood what Pietro meant. The whole story of the Unmaker was exactly like the latest movie they watched a few hours ago. And they all knew how it ended.

And that was Flashpoint!!!

And now if they wanted to save this planet Earth they would have to allow Flash to change it.

"Oh no no no.. I am not doing that." Barry finally said after getting the looks of everyone. He was confused before but those constant big eyes of everyone on him prompted him to think and like others he too came to the realisation.

"Barry, you are the only one who can save this planet." Hal said.

"NO... Hell no... I am not doing that.. We had two flashpoints... And once it turned horrible... What is to say that everything will be alright if I do this?" Barry said as he shook his head strongly.

He was totally opposed to this decision.

43