528. Newspaper
909 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth - 120703

New York

Somewhere in a dark alley a blue colored portal opened and from that portal stepped out a girl, a bald man in a wheelchair and an old man who had a weird helmet on his head. They all had a small suitcase with them.

As expected they were the trio who just left their Earth and came to a new and random Earth. Though it was random, Chavez could always pinpoint an Earth where a powered being could be present. Though she wasn't sure what kind of powered being would be there, she could bring herself and the two of them in the general location.

"Erik, please don't humiliate us by wearing that ridiculous thing on your head." Charles said as he looked at Erik who still had his anti-telepathic helmet.

"I will be in your control if I do that. Here in this unknown place I would rather be ridiculed then give up my body. What if there are other telepaths here? What should I do then?" Erik said.

"If there is another telepath or another version of me, I will stop it. Now take it off. We are not at war here, but to seek help." Charles said. Erik hesitated for a bit before finally taking it off. He too thought it would be bad if someone saw him in this weird helmet.

"If you both are done with your childish arguments, can we leave?" Chavez reminded them. In the past week they finally understood what kind of girl this teenager was.

A rather sassy one.

Both just shook their heads without taking her 'harsh' words to their heart and went out of the alley. Coming out they realized that they were in New York. The iconic buildings, the heavy traffic and people rushing to their work.

"So we are in New York. This makes things easier. I thought the cities might change on this new Earth." Erik said.

"Charles, use your telepathy and find out where we can find mutants or people like Chavez." Erik continued.

"No, this is an invasion of privacy. We can do our own detective work and find out about them. It would be better." Charles said.

"You and your morals..."

"Guys, guys look at this." Chavez said as she pointed out a newsstand. In the newspapers there was a huge picture of a man. A man in a red costume from head to toe swinging past the buildings with 'ropes' that seemed to stick to the buildings.

The picture was taken from a great angle showing every part of the man in red costume and even the rope that the man was hanging on looked crystal clear in the picture.

Under the picture it was written

'Spiderman saves the day.'

'....On a building that caught massive fire, Spiderman swings in and rescues a 5-year old child....'

All the three were dumbfounded seeing such a headline. Especially Charles and Erik. From the  article they could easily confer that this person was a man with powers.

Swinging across buildings with just ropes needed immense strength. Though from the picture they could say that the rope was artificially made, it didn't take away the fact that such work needed finesse.

All their lives they had never thought of using costumes. Sure the X-men has a uniform but that was just for protection. But this person has managed to get a suit which worked as a whole ass costume.

"Is he a powered being?" Erik said.

"Looks like it. We don't know his face. We will have to find him." Charles said.

"Spiderman.. What a weird name... Ewww... Already giving me the creeps...." Chavez commented.

As they were discussing how to approach this 'spiderman' they heard a huge explosion. And the next moment people were running in opposite directions. There was such a rush that Charles almost got tackled by the people. Chavez had to use her strength to sidestep the people.

Erik almost used her powers to squat them away but Charles stopped him.

"What is going on?" Erik asked.

"Uhh. People are running because another maniac in costume has gone loose." Charles said as he had peeped into the mind of one of the people who were running.

"Another powered being? We should look into it."  Chavez said as she got excited and started walking to the spot where the sound of the explosion came from. In a few seconds all of the 3 reached the pace where this all had started and what they saw really changed their perception altogether.

There was a huge steel machine that looked like a rhino. Yes, it was a steel rhino.

And inside that rhino it looked like there was a man operating this huge machine.

All of the three almost fell down in their spot by looking at this ridiculous and horrible machine that the man was using.

Announcement
Read 240+ more chapters in my Patreon
46