580. Keeping the differences aside
1.2k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wayne came a day ago. He gave us his plans of handling the first line of defense. I had helped in accumulating the broken spaceships from the Kree War in an orderly fashion."

"No wonder Bruce and Clark are arranging bombs there." John said as he was now sure why the spaceships were all accumulated in one place. Erik must have helped them.

"I hope during the war you trust everyone and fight. This war won't be easy. Knull has another kind of force with him and this would be more dangerous....."

John then proceeded to tell about the way Knull had killed Annihilus and he might come with an army of bugs which would be more powerful than the normal symbiotes. This made the situation more grave and tense.

"Call all the spying mutants on the globe back. This won't be easy." Charles said as he ordered the mutant standing nearby to relay his instructions. Like all countries, the mutants too had spies all over the world to keep an eye for everything.

"I am sure both of you have a lot to speak about so I will not impede you further. Charles, these people are new so they have very less idea of the multiverse. Educate them of how the universe works and the different rankings of power here." John said to 616 - Charles. This was true, as the new mutants were really very ignorant and they would need time to understand the general process around.

John then vanished from his place and now he was in space. Floating!!

From a little far he could see two human beings with masks hopping from one debris to another. Both of them had a bag on their back. The bags looked heavy, even though there was almost no gravity here.

As expected they were Clark and Wayne.

Bruce stopped jumping around the moment he saw John. John had appeared a few days earlier than the supposed deadline, signifying that something had happened. Though everybody got the notification of Cyborg of John and his team coming to this universe, they didn't show up.

The calling wasn't urgent and they needed to finish the work they have been doing.

"What happened?" Bruce asked. Clark too had joined them as he too saw John when he had arrived.

John again had to re-narrate the problem of Knull having a bigger army.

"So from a normal host seeking a symbiote army we have an army which doesn't need an army and is more powerful?"

"Seems like it."

"How strong are these 'anti-symbiote'?"

"They don't have weaknesses. That's all I can infer from here and from other universes." John said as he remembered the problem of Anti-venom.

"So all we did in blowing his army up was for naught?" Clark looked irritated, seeing all his work would probably go to garbage disposal.

"Explosions will still be helpful in this. The bombs were made of both inflammable substance and shrapnel. The spaceship parts will also help these bugs being inserted with matter. This will not be totally useless." Bruce said. He was thankful that there was matter here. He wasn't sure how strong their resistance to 'matter' here, but with so many bombs he was sure that many of bugs would die.

"Give me the bombs. I will distribute them." John said as he forwarded his hand. Clark and Bruce gave them their backpacks. John took it in his hand and just waved at it. In a moment's notice, the remaining bombs were scattered and they were place in all of the other spaceships.

Their work was done in a second.

"Let's go back."

And with that they vanished only to appear at the Avengers' Tower. But this time, it was different. Last time, only Tony was here but now everybody had arrived at the Tower.

Everyone who belonged to the Avengers. Sentry, Spider-man, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Namor and many other famous superheroes. The whole floor looked crowded with so many superheroes. He saw that even his own team was back and some of them were talking with other members.

He was really surprised by how his team was able to so easily mix with the 616-Avengers. No matter what, the things which he did was kind of unforgivable in many respects. As John looked at all of them a voice said from behind.

"Surprised how they look so easy going with your team?"

It was Fury. He had already seen John's arrival with Clark and Wayne. John turned around and looked at him with curious eyes. He didn't speak but John's mannerisms relayed that he wanted to know the reason.

"After you helped us in uncovering the truth of Secret Invasion, we realized how broken of a team we are. We were almost in shambles after that. In that moment we realised what it is to be needed to trust each other. To rely on each other. To know each other. And above all, work for the greater good. Your team had all of this, but we didn't. So the Avengers thought of changing this."

Announcement
Read 235 more chapters on my patreon
40