627. Source Wall
523 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John was a little surprised but was grateful for the words of Clark. He was his summoner but he had let them be in full control of themselves. He didn't expect such words from Clark after what he had said but he did understand that the team of Avengers would never let anyone die if they could help it. And truth to be told, he was a little scared.

If the system really hailed from the Wall, it might prove to be disastrous for him, so he needed to do everything possible to stop its destruction.

"From what I understand from all of this is that my power lets people from the multiverse come here and the Wall doesn't stop the whole process?" John asked.

"We have very little knowledge of this and all we are saying now are just speculations after much deliberation. We have studied you for quite a long time before arriving at the conclusion. But yes, this was all that we understood." Presence said.

John sighed in relief. Even if they weren't particularly correct about his system they were not far off from it. At least the secret of him having control of his summons remains intact for now. And John hoped to keep it that way till his death and beyond. In the end he did care a little bit about his legacy.

Of course if the Wall is repaired and everything went well, then he would be living for almost eternity and live happily ever after!!

"Is there anything more we ought to know before we prepare for war?"

"No. John Jameson here has more information about the Wall than us. His dreams let him know more about the Wall than us. There is only a small crack on the Wall so there is still time for the prisoners to emerge. Of course if you can plug the hole then there would be no war and we all would be safe." OAA said.

"Then we better work our ass off for this and repair the crack."

Reed and others, without wasting a second proceeded to walk to the lab. They needed to ready their equipment for the journey. They needed to travel to the so-called Wall and see how they could fix it. They would use instruments to check the structure and make necessary preparations.

Even Tony joined this team as he didn't want his company partner and a great friend to die just out of nowhere.

"How is the situation in the other multiverse?" Wayne asked Presence. Since Presence was from his multiverse he should know more about the crack in the Wall and its implications. Presence hearing that question was silent for a second and he looked like he hesitated a bit before opening his mouth. Wayne, seeing the hesitation of Presence, asked.

"Lay it on me. I can take it."

"You are dead!!"

Such words by Presence were like a thunderbolt to the people present in the room. Even Reed who was leaving for his lab stopped in his tracks including Tony and others. Tony turned back and walked to Wayne's side and said.

"Old man. Do you know what you are talking about?"

Clark came to Tony's side and instructed him to calm down. Tony had been particularly agitated in this whole meeting. Maybe it was because of Thanos or maybe he felt too insecure with all that was going on. All the power he had seemed nothing in front of actual powers and he felt he was useless.

And Tony hated that feeling. Presence and OAA could see those emotions of Tony and for that reason they had been tolerant. In fact, they could see those emotions on most of the people present here. Only difference was that Tony didn't hold back. Even 616-Tony was on the verge of eruption and speaking out his mind but seeing that his counterpart was doing the job for him, he didn't meddle.

But in all of this only Wayne was calm and asked.

"Where and how did I die?"

"You died by the hands of Darkseid while defending Earth and their people." Presence said. Such words made Wayne smile for a bit. He died at the hands of an old enemy and didn't die for any silly reason.

"Wait. Hold on. Darkseid killed Batman? Where? Earth Prime?"

"Yes. Darkseid used his Omega sanction on Mr. Wayne."

"Omega sanction? You mean he used his omega beam on him?" John who was sitting and going through all the comics in his mind about the Source Wall stopped and asked Presence.

"Yes. Earth Prime Batman is dead." Presence said.

"Then how is the Source Wall broken? The story hasn't progressed till the break of Source Wall. The break of the Source Wall shouldn't have happened now. Only the emergence of the 10th element (the one which powers the Mother Boxes) can lead to the cracks in the Source Wall."

Announcement
Read 190+ chapters on my patreon
20