633. Rest
457 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John stayed at that Earth for a few more minutes before leaving while saying that he would open a portal later to 616 for them to cross over and come prepared. The Avengers, who had no idea what they were jumping into, readily accepted. They trusted the person who had once helped them so much and helped them to overcome an enemy who was unkillable.

Of course, Barry too had the same privilege here.

John was back at the Ring and went straight to the Tower. It had many books and some of them were so ancient that even he had no idea what was written on them. Most of the time he was too lazy and more so because he was too powerful to even care.

But this time he can't do that. He needed to have all the knowledge possible and see if it had any clues of how to handle the Wall. There was Order and Chaos at the DC side too so there might be some hints from it.

And after hours of research and reading, he was finally able to get some clues about the Wall and ways to mend it. Though it wasn't exactly a solution, at least there were some things which could point out and lessen the expansion of the said 'crack on the wall'.

It wasn't a permanent solution but at least this was something. He took some important books with him and went to his home. He needed a time off.

Since he had almost 24 hours before the next gathering, he wanted to use this time for the best of his ability to relax and steam off his constant running around. Tired was an understatement for John.

Knull was a huge problem and that needed a proper burial.

And now that he was out of it, it seemed like he had welcomed a bigger problem. For now he just wanted to rest and have time with himself.

And home was his place to rest and go through everything he needed to do for the upcoming 'arc'. John went through so many things in the past few days that he needed a mental recharge and home the place for escaping from all of this.

John went straight to the bath and even asked Audino to give him a massage. His body didn't need any of that but he wanted to mentally relax and have some time off. After having a good time he went straight to bed to sleep.

After having a sound sleep he woke up the next day as usual and had his breakfast. Since the people would still need some more time to prepare he went to the patio of the house and sat on his favorite chair as he looked to the Earth.

The Earth looked beautiful. John whenever had time loved doing this as looking at the Earth gave him peace and serenity. All this would crumble down if he didn't fix the problem. But that was it. John had no idea how to fix the problem.

If one multiverse breaks their multiverse wouldn't be far away from destruction. It would be like a stack of dominoes. The difference was that there were only chips on it. There was a 50% chance that the chip would fall on their side. And from the looks of it, it might just fall on their side and take their multiverse down with them.

Beside John, Audino and the spirit of the House appeared. Audino just stood by John, while the spirit took out a chair and sat beside him.

"The others haven't returned with you. Do we have a problem?" the spirit asked.

"Yes. We do. We have encountered a serious obstacle as I am at a loss of what I need to do to save us all."

The spirit stiffened at the words of John. Until now he always had solutions to his problems but for the first time he felt a sense of loss from him. It seemed like John was tired and it almost felt like he was on the verge of giving up.

"You are giving up just because there is a problem you can't solve?" The spirit asked.

"It's not that I am giving up. Even if I do everything, I can't save everybody. If I save this multiverse, I will probably succeed but I can't say the same for the other things out there. The other multiverse. The multiverse from where you came." John finally spoke out the reason he looked listless. Even if John does everything and saves the multiverse, the people on the other side might not have the same privilege.

They might die without their own knowledge and their lives wouldn't even matter in the grand scale of events that were spiralling in their multiverse. That made him sad. At the beginning he thought that there wasn't any multiverse out there and Marvel was the only one.

Maybe his Earth was just another small dimension that John hadn't been able to find out. But all changed when OAA dropped the bomb.

Announcement
Read 180+ chapters on my patreon
20