647. Inspection
322 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"John... John... Are you listening to what I just said." Oblivion couldn't help but break him out of his stupor as he saw John day dreaming while looking at the crack. It was suffice to say that he was annoyed a bit seeing John as he spoke of betrayal.

"No.. No. I heard you the first time. I was just thinking of what you said. My power comes from the Wall. If my power hinders me to act upon the enemies, what should I do. I would have to make contingencies against myself if that happens. Betrayal is out of the table. I would have to ask Phoenix to give me power if that happens."

Oblivion didn't expect such words from John and honestly none of them thought it in this way. everyone knew that John's power came from the Wall so if it backfires, then it would be a huge problem for everyone to solve especially if a person as powerful as John be neutralized.

"Do whatever you have to do to make yourself active. The supreme being trust you so I think he has already thought of that scenario. If you do get neutralized, you have Phoenix so there won't be much of an obstacle. You are our main weapon. We all will have to fight together."

John nodded his head while he still kept an eye on the crack. He was in huge stress now and had to think about multiple angles. His presence might be a liability here. Until he was sure that his system wouldn't stop him from stopping the invasion he needed to out of here.

Not that his presence here was absolutely needed but he wished to stay here but it seemed like he wouldn't be able to and have to leave his summons and his friends here. Even Emma would have to be here with the Guardians.

It kind of frustrated him but there was nothing he could do. The enemies on the Wall were numerous from the looks of it. There was an army here as opposed to what he had read on the comics of DC. The comics wouldn't help him much here and he needed to make his own path in handling the enemies. He would have to take a back seat here and help his friends overcome as much as possible.

He would have to share his knowledge and would have to be behind the scenes as much as possible until he was sure he wouldn't be an hindrance to others.

After looking at the crack one last time he went back to the spaceship while Oblivion had left for his own work. He was back at the command center where Wayne and others were looking at the images of crack on the screen. The Guardians were discussing among themselves about the crack and how the images were differed from the Source Wall that they had watched over before on their life.

"How is the crack up close?"

"No much difference from what we could see here." John said pointing on the lie images on the screen.

"No other sensation from up close?" a Guardian asked.

"No that I know of. You can set up instruments to monitor it as I won't be here always." John said.

Others were surprised by this decision, especially Emma as she thought they would be together here and work here. This would be their home away from home. Though this place had nothing outside the spaceship but inside this spaceship was bigger than a US state. This had so much space that it people were in short here and only the aliens under them were enough to fill up a small amount of space.

"Why? Why are you leaving?" Emma asked. This question was on everybody's face. Then John spoke about his insecurity here and how he might be a liability.

"This is bullshit!! Nothing of that sort will happen here. Your power doesn't only come from the Wall. In that case everyone here who came from beyond the wall would be a liability and should be under scrutiny but we have seen nothing of that sort." Tony who just entered the center said.

"Then we should all be under scrutiny." Wayne said as he too thought that what John said might be right.

"No. We trust each other here."

"We might but on what guarantee should we operate if the Wall thinks of controlling us from one way or other. We arrived a the multiverse without any help or any suit which signifies that Wall had played its part in sending us far. We need to think of all scenarios. Even betrayal by some of us." Wayne said as he dropped his greatest fear. Wayne was always good in imagining the worst case scenario.

"Then we better have contingencies against our own selves." Mayuri butted in.

Announcement
Read 170+ more chapters on my patreon
16