651. The Dark Multiverse
359 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John was back at his home after a long time. He had been gone for quite a few days and had to go through a lot. First it was the problem of Annihilus which got resolved by itself, though it did give him a headache for sometime. The negative zone was always a problem and when one gets a taste of it, it just spirals down from that point.

When John arrived at the House of Mysteries he was greeted by his children and the other members of the family. His children were the only thing that made him believe the words of the system that it wasn't inherently bad.

Because his children were not his summons, they were real! It just happened and honestly it was one of the most beautiful things for him. It was weird for sure but in the end he was a proud father. His children were very important in his life and he would do anything to protect them.

Though they have all grown up. for him they were still his babies. His children now worked in the ranch of Pokemon, some were in SHIELD and two of them even joined the Avengers trained by Hawkeye, Geralt and Black Widow.

He was proud of them. Proud of his family. And proud of what he had done with his universe. And now he would have to look after the multiverse so that his home is saved.

"GAIA did you search for Owen?"

"I did. But there has been no such evidence of any of the signs that you are looking for." GAIA said as John took a glass of beer and sat on his sofa. He was tired a bit mentally so he had brought out his bottle to chill a bit.

"Keep an eye on this. Has all the X-men settled down?"

"Some of them just got their new homes after coming back so it would take some time to settle down. They are new here. It would take time for them to get a hang of what is going on with this world and this universe."

John nodded as he took a sip from his beer slowly. He felt tired. Tired of being the center of everything. he could already envision the upcoming war. He had already accepted that the Wall would break apart at one point of time as it had happened in DC comics at the end and some of the greatest evils would be released from this.

And some of these evils will produce more evils and with that the Batman who Laughs would rise. Now he is a huge problem. A being with such a kind of power is of their level. A person who could shape reality and universe as he sees fit and the only thing they could do to stop him was to use the power of hope and truth.

And he was just one of the beings. He wasn't sure what the Hand were and what kind of beings they were but if they saw some foul play in their multiverse, then he too would be decimated into ashes. He had never spoken about his fears to anyone. Until a few days ago he didn't have any insecurity or fear. He was almost at the top of the food chain. Maybe the Living Tribunal would be able to give him a proper fight.

But now he could already see multiple beings that could fight against him toe to toe or give him a good beating. The Beyonders, the Batmans from the Dark Multiverse & their army and God knows what that Wall was hiding. (I will explain the theory of the Dark Multiverse and different versions of Batman as the story progresses).

All these thoughts made his heart feel heavy and soon he was sleepy. His eyes closed in a few minutes and slept away on his couch. The spirit of the House who had been looking after him brought a blanket and covered him.

She didn't take her to bed. Beings like him don't normally sleep. If he had done so, it meant that he was mentally exhausted and wanted a rest. The mortal body of his had been stressed too much.

"A great war is coming."

"Audi..."

"None can escape this war. Not even you Audino."

"Audino.... Audi"

"We will have to arm ourselves and fight with our best if we want to survive this."

"Audino!!"

"Good. I will train you myself so we can be helpful to him. Though they are holding on to the hope that the Wall wouldn't break but from John I can already feel that he doesn't have much hope about the Wall being intact. We will have to be prepared."

After that short whispering conversation they both left the room so that John could sleep in peace. John didn't speak about the Wall or anything of that matter to her but she had already known about this from the members of the Avengers and she had knowledge of the Wall from the books that were in the House of Mysteries.

Announcement
Read 160+ more chapters on my patreon
14