689. Upgrade of the system
220 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Coulson, you have the audacity to think that the World Council will allow drills on our Eath from another universe after what happened last time?" One COuncil member shouted. They had all been called for the meeting after Coulson proposed a ridiculous idea of teaming up with other universes for joint military type drills.

"Sir, with due respect it was the Secretary who came forward with this. I am just following the orders and informing you." Coulson dumped all the blame of Wayne. He too was not very keen with this sudden change but Wayne had been adamant on this saying that the fate of the multiverse was at stake.

"Secretary asked for it? Why?"

"I don't know Sir. You can ask him."

The Council members now didn't know what to say. Normally they would boss around the others, but when it came to Secretary and his stoic face there was nothing that they could do. He always had an intimidating vibe and people would always tend to be meek around him.

His aura was something else and none of them would like to confront him.

"Fine. We will talk to him later. You can go." The Council member dismissed Coulson.

Shikamaru who was standing on the door of the whole meeting had a smirk on his face.

"They tend to be silent as soon as they hear of Bruce. Must be a drag for them."

"You have no idea. Since the Secretay has given the green light we don't have to care about the Council. I will clear one of half a moon for our visitors."

"Alright" Coulson nodded. Like others Coulson too knew of the disasters they were going to face, thought he had never gone and seen the Wall, but he had seen the pictures and heard all the origin and stories attached to it.

When Wayne proposed the idea of joint drills, he was more than happy to cooperate as his SHIELD had huge firepower. Now Shikamaru and other advisors were already working together to make up a proper plan for everyone. This was not the first time for them, they had done so the same during the 4th great Ninja War so for many this was a repeat, but the stakes were much higher this time.

There would be death if they couldn't overcome the obstacle. Coulson and Shikamru already arrived at the main conference Hall where they saw Fury, Bykuya and others sitting and waiting for them.

Yes, the Soul Society had sent one of their members too in order to dish out plans for the drills and related affairs. From the Avengers side they already had Wayne so others were no required. After the visitors arrive, Reed from two universe would join this high level advisory board to chalk out a plan.

"Did the Council shout again?" Fury asked with a wide smile. He was having the time of his life. No more meetings with the Council and all he needed to do was laugh at the fate of Coulson. One of the reason he gave up being the Director was getting away from the Council. Their politics irritated him the most and of course their total disregard for human lives.

It was fortunate that the Avengers were super powerful and the Council had immense fear so they had been meek all this time. SHIELD had more control and say in many major things now, thanks to the deterrence.

As the discussion had started at the conference room with all the major players in SHIELD headquarters, it was totally different when it came to John. After such a long time there was a response from his dear system.

[

Ding

Total fan values - 100 billion

Do you want to upgrade the system?

]

It had been a very long time since he had seen such a prompt from it. He had waited too long for this. After the last upgrade, John had almost lost hope for this prompt. Maybe if he hadn't brought the Soul Society his fan values would have reached the threshold but due to his summoning it took a much longer time.

Actually figuratively, it would have taken John a much longer time but it had changed the day the Blackest Night was out. It didn't actually contribute anything to the fan values as it was not canon, but it prompted the others to go through Justice League all over again. And the new fans that he had gathered until that time in 2 different universes played a huge role in accumulating more fan values.

All these reasons helped him to reach the mark of 100 billion. It was a huge number. He could easily bring some of the most powerful worlds together and make new armies out of it. He just hoped that the upgrade wouldn't cost him anything just like the previous ones.

"Upgrade the system." John spoke in excitement

Announcement
Read 120+ chapters on my patreon
10