710. The Promethean Giants
142 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Professor, are the suits ready?" John asked.

"Long ago my friend. You can take them.... My friend you have been a boon to us and this multiverse. Your powers have allowed us to have a fighting chance. Though we don't know what kind of beings we will be fighting against, at least we have the knowledge and the heart to come together and fight for a common cause."

John was little taken aback by those generous words of Professor. He did help the mutants of Earth 616 and their presence had now been accepted all over the planet. Surely there was racism but it had gone down a lot.

The disappearance of the Avengers proved too much for the civilians and the government and made them realize how lacking they were when it came to reality.

"It's sad to say but Peace never brings people together. Peace can only douse the fire for sometime but there is common hatred then humanity or any kind of species will look over their differences and come together. History has been observing it for a long time." John said.

"True. Only a common hatred can bring people together. It is unfortunate."

"Hatred is just any feeling, Professor. Nothing more. We as intelligent beings have both love and hatred. Both emotions are overwhelming and can be wielded to acquire more power. We just need to balance ourselves. And decide what is wrong or right. Even that notion of right and wrong is different for many people. Thanos here had a different notion from us. He is not wrong. Only thing was that he didn't have the power. We define right and wrong by our own definitions."

"You are right." Professor said and he too accepted the words of John. In the minds of the racist people they weren't wrong. They were afraid of mutants so trying to kill them was justified as right by them.

"Only strength has the right to speak and decide what is right and wrong. And here too we will have to do the same thing. Only strength can defeat our enemies and establish our own right." John said as he clenched his fist and finished wearing the suit.

The suit looked like it was Black Panther suit with no extra designs or any animal heads over their own head. It was a normal ninja-type suit with a sleek outline and a stretchy cloth. There was a mixture of vibranium and adamantium in the suit, thanks to the other two universes.

"Mike check.. 1..2..3.."

"All clear.."

"Professor we will be off. Pray for us that we come back." Barry said. He was still a little fearful of the world where no known human has stepped its foot in. Thanos was not a human so he didn't count him in his hand. It was good that Barry was just thinking of all this instead of saying out loud. There has been one human who was able to do this and come back alive too.

"Mr. Reese I hope you will be able to get the powers and help us in the war. A lot rides on your shoulders. I hope everyone will come back victorious." Professor said as the Guardians stood behind and bade their farewell. They had a serious face and they too, like others, hoped that the team would return victorious.

"I will try my best Professor Xavier." Reese said. Over the course of time he had got acquainted with all the members of the Avengers and now knew who was who.

With those last words all the members of the team flew away to the Wall. The crack was now as huge as the size of a solar system. From the crack the prisoners who were struck inside could be seen easily now. Their sizes were just as the same sizes of the Celestials.

"These are the Promethean Giants, the vanguards of Perpetua." John said as he could easily see the huge bodies being stuck in their places, unable to move. Though there was a crack in the Wall and Thanos had gone before, it didn't mean any one could just move.

The Promethean Giants weren't really that powerful and were the first to be imprisoned.

"Time to dive in." John said as he reached near the crack and took a deep breath. All this time he had been in his familiar territory. This step would be his first step to a place where he had no idea about.

A place where there were only legends.

"Be alert. safeguard your team and yourselves and especially Owen. Thanos you are responsible for him. We need to reach the Beyonders fast and without making much noise. You are already a fugitive in the eyes of Perpetua so if he finds you we will be dead. Did you mask your presence?"

"Doctor Strange has covered my body with Asgardian runes to make sure that nothing can flow away from my body."

Announcement
Read 100+ chapters on my patreon
9