727. Assembling the Gods
155 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 6 hours of travel John and others were back at the Ring. John had a long sleep along the way and a satisfying one. He looked relieved a bit when he stepped his foot at the Ring. Since everyone had recuperated on their way here, everyone from the mission was called to the Hall.

As John entered the Hall he could see the gloomy atmosphere in the room. On the way Batman and others had spoken with his team so he had a vague idea of what was going to happen and how much time they had. 10 months was not fine. Even an infinite time was not fine because there were infinite universes out there and finding each and every Owen will just be a dream.

But none of the others spoke a thing as John took his seat with the others nor did they blame him for the decision he took to leave Dark Claw. The terrorists could never be trusted but John couldn't just take the gamble on the multiverse. None would be able to take it.

"There was a rumor that long ago, there was a war between our multiverse and Wayne's multiverse. The best heroes of both the worlds were chosen and were made to fight against each other for supremacy and to see who was better than the other. So in order to counter it the Spectre and the Living Tribunal came together to make an universe. An Universe unique to its own. An universe which has people that has characteristics of both the multiverse."

John finally spoke about the legends that he had read to others. On his way he didn't speak of the origin of that unique universe and thus he needed to make it clear to everyone as everyone was anxious.

"This is a lie. I have never made any such universe." A voice from the door came . Everyone moved their heads to see who was brave enough to enter such a high profile place without GAIA informing them. But when the people saw their faces none of them went to speak up against their new guests.

Some of the people here had met these existences before and those who had come across them, they were given prior notice about them. The people present were surprised that these abstract beings had shown up. Many of them guessed that it was John who might have asked for their presence in the meeting.

They were the Living Tribunal, Death, Oblivion, In-Betweener, Eternity and Infinity. They were in human heights as opposed to being the normal giants that they were. Even though they were the same heights as average humans, their facial features were the same, so everyone who was up to speed with the abstract beings of the multiverse had an idea of who they were.

"Welcome to the Ring, esteemed guests." Clark got up from his seat and greeted. Everyone in the room got up from their seats and greeted them too as no matter what, they were the Gods of their multiverse. Their multiverse was alive and fine because of their existence.

"Thanks for being so hospitable." Infinity said in her feminine voice and took an empty seat which was just made for them. Everyone got to sit except for Death as giving her anything would just make it crumble.

Death gave a deep glare to each of the abstract beings but there was nothing that she could do to change it. He would have to just stand at her place and not be awkward in front of everyone.

"I didn't make any such universe which has characteristics of both multiverses." the Living tribunal spoke again with his deep voice. Except for Infinity none of the abstract beings spoke another word and it was apparent that only the Living Tribunal had the lean to speak up here.

Last time they spoke because John was a special entity and there were not many people present, but here there were representatives from different multiverses and it would not fit well to speak much in the presence of the mortals.

"I know and as I said before that it was just a rumor. I have no clue about how this universe came into being and that too in the Wall. But one of them definitely has the characteristics of both the multiverse. Assuming that what I have dreamt about is true then their universe is really special and they have the powers joined together."

"So what are we being threatened with?" The Living tribunal asked.

"We have been given 10 months to live." John replied.

"What?"

"Yes. But it's not absolute. There is a way to escape this predicament. You must have known that Owen here has been travelling the multiverse and killing his counterparts. It's because Owen's power comes from Beyonders. But essentially Owen is a time bomb made by the Beyonders. If we kill each and every Owen that is powered by the beyonders in the infinite universe out there we should be safe for the time being." John said as that was his plan.

Announcement
Read 90+ chapters on my patreon
9