737. The last series (7)
100 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bruce, you think all your life, you have been doing this alone? You think you've been the one to keep everything in check. No.. It was I who chose you... It was I who led you to this path.... That cave where you met the bunch of bats... It was I who sent the bats so that you could be inspired... It was I who brought you back from the past.."

Those were the words of Barbatos to Bruce Wayne.

The people didn't expect that Batman himself was a victim from the start. All his life he had been a normal person with extraordinary skills but now it seemed like that his history wasn't normal. Then the story went on to see the struggle of the Justice League in order to stop the arrival of Barbatos.

Barbatos was made by the World Forger. The matter multiverse and the anti-matter multiverse were under Monitor and Anti-Monitor, two beings who were responsible for the proper function of their respective group of universes. But the World Forger was the third brother of the two and was responsible to look over creation in the sea of possibilities.

He made the Dark Multiverse after the fears and crumbling hopes of the people from the positive multiverse. And in order to not affect the positive multiverse, he had made Barbatos. A being which was responsible for devouring the Dark Multiverse.

But in time his hunger was too high and wanted to devour the positive multiverse too. And thus he had chosen Batman as the portal when he went back in time.

The Justice League had done everything possible to stop the emergence of Barbatos but they failed and soon he took over the world. The Justice League, seeing no way out, went to meet the World Forger to get help but the World Forger denied any kind of help.

But Batman being Batman, was able to trick and get help which eventually led them to the use of Tenth Metal. The metal which was responsible for creation (Boom tubes are made of tenth metal) and eventually with this tenth metal the Justice League members got a huge power boost.

And finally was able to defeat Barbatos. But this came at a cost.

The crack in the Source Wall. The Source Wall had been teased since the last series. And now the audience understood why it was shown that way. The break of the Source Wall meant the worst prisoners known to the multiverse would be out soon.

The first part of the series ended in this way. It was a long binge of almost 6 hours of watch time together. Since it was a premiere, the people got enough food and snacks to watch it. Disney had to wrestle for getting the proper rights so that people could sit and watch and had to take consent of the guests.

And the 6 hours was worth it. It was dark to say the least but it showed that the multiverse was complicated and it wasn't as simple as they thought. Kevin had made it clear that this story wasn't of their multiverse. Though there were some elements and heroes from this multiverse on their own.

This was a relief for the audience as such a multiverse would just be a world of fear and nothing more. After the first part, everyone congratulated John about the story. Though now they got the feeling that he had been taking the story of others rather than making his own, but nobody pointed it out.

He was chosen as the friend of the multiverse. Maybe that was his power. Power to make friends across time and space. And since he had that power why wouldn't he capitalise on it. Everyone went back after the release of the first part of the series.

Simultaneously, it was also released online on Netflix for the normal audience to watch. As expected, people loved the series even though it was dark and gritty. Batman, who was on the pedestal all this time, was brought down.

This was a bold move by Disney as they never expected a version of Batman to be so cruel, especially the tale of Robin King. Bruce Wayne killed his own parents in that universe and proceeded to kill each member of the Justice League. And even killed Alfred in the most cruel way possible. Robin King literally gave the people chills.

But the social media wasn't only talking about the series. It was also talking about the people who had shown up from the premiere. This was mind blowing news for many. Though the presence of Shinigamis did raise concern for many but then again death was something which would eventually arrive for all. No matter what, at least now they knew where they would go if they had too much attachment to the material world, supposing that the Shinigamis did their job well.

Announcement
Read 80+ chapters on my patreon
8