Chapter 06 : Three Maids
1.2k 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ray giggled in Tia’s hands, he was really happy. He had really struck gold with this one!

Tia Golddrache

Race: Human (50%) Golden Dragon (47%) Misc (3%)

Level : 3

Health 6/10 (3500)

Mana 6/10 (2500)

STR : 10/20 (2000)
INT : 10/25 (2500)
AGL : 10/15 (1500)
CHM : 1 (100)
LCK : 9

SKILL CARDS:
REGENERATION, SSS (SEALED)
MAGIC TALENT, SS (SEALED)
TELEPORTATION, S (SEALED)
VANISHMENT, S (SEALED)
MARTIAL ART TALENT, S(SEALED)
ETHEREAL SINGING, A (LOCKED)(SEALED)
ENCHANTING DANCE, A (LOCKED)(SEALED)

DRAGON FORCE:
UNAWAKENED, SEALED

ABNORMAL STATUS:
- DRAGON BANISHMENT CURSE, SSS
- SLAVE SIGIL (Q10), A
- FATIGUED, E
- SLEEP DEPRIVED, E
- MINOR INJURY, F

A Dragon maid! She was a freaking Dragon maid! This was one of Ray's dreams coming true!
As a half-blood, she had both, the skill cards system which was unique to humans, and the system of Dragons.

Did dragons come to this continent from another one or were they from another world?

Ray had no idea, but This girl definitely had a story, Ray could tell from her amazing attributes. Her father was definitely some big shot.

Too bad her potential was sealed by both a dragon curse and the slave sigil… Well, breaking those two was very simple for him, but she had to earn his trust first.

He was lucky that those idiots who appraised her didn’t have an S-ranked appraisal device. They couldn't see her real skills!

“Let’s go, we still need to pick another two!” Yara said with annoyance as she watched Tia tickle the giggling Ray. Truth be told, Ray never giggled like that at all when she took care of him. He only farted whenever she tried to poke him! Ray only displayed this cute side of himself in front of Lady Penelope. Maybe this was a sign.

Yuna, who didn’t know what her colleague was thinking, nodded and then began to look around not knowing what to do. Those slaves here were really very depraved and the lady would surely scold them later no matter whom they chose. Ray as a young prince needed some good maids around him. Tia was not bad, she was just ugly. But the others had some really wretched air around them.

“Tia! Go and walk in front of the other slaves, see if any of them can withstand…. No, see if young master Ray likes any!” Yara who saw Yuna’s hesitation suddenly said, this was a foolproof plan. If anyone asked after this they would say that Ray was the one who picked!

Yuna frowned at Yara’s suggestion, but after thinking of how Ray picked Tia and seemed to like her, she chose to try this method. Little did Yuna know that Ray, from the moment he was born, was manipulating everyone around him.
Those were not giggles, those were the chuckles of a devil who really liked his new toy!

Tia slowly began to walk around carefully carrying Ray to see the other slaves. Thankfully, the ground here was made of polished marble so her injured bare feet didn’t hurt.

Ray casually looked around inspecting the girls. He didn’t like any. Most of them were criminals whose crimes were not severe enough to warrant an execution. And they were pretty weak. With useless skills.

Suddenly, Ray felt sleepy… Yes, his Mana reserves were completely exhausted. He couldn’t help but yawn then…. No, he had to resist going to sleep! He had a job to complete! This was his first step toward…. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“... The young master is asleep…” Tia suddenly said. He was peacefully snoring in her arms.

“Then we can only choose for him!” Yuna sighed. This would be a tough choice.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Ray slowly opened his small eyes and looked around. He was in his room, and it was already dark outside.

Where did the beep come from? He had been hearing beeps all the time… Ah, it is the system! A new notification.

ALERT
A SOUL SHARD HAD BEEN RETRIEVED
A SOUL SHARD HAD BEEN RETRIEVED
A SOUL SHARD HAD BEEN RETRIEVED
A SOUL SHARD HAD BEEN RETRIEVED
A SOUL SHARD HAD BEEN RETRIEVED

2 SKILL CARD WAS RETRIEVED
10 ATTRIBUTE POINTS WERE RETRIEVED

Again? So many babies died at once? No, this was not a coincidence, someone was definitely targeting babies!
Could this be a normal baby killer or someone who was targeting babies who were suspected to be the emperor?

Ray realized he needed to be careful. He needed to always pee before going to sleep. That’s the only thing he could really control…. No…. He couldn't control that either.

Anyway, thankfully, no one was suspecting that he was the true emperor. In fact, some smart people did really suspect him at first, but after the results of his appraisal were revealed, they began to question their vision.
So, he was safe for now! He had to remain lowkey, though, until he got enough power to safely reveal himself… or at least activate some of the hidden powers he planted around the continent.

Hopefully, that stupid killer would help him and kill most of the other babies very soon!

Wait...That was a really terrible thing to hope for. Thankfully no one was reading his mind.

Ray quickly smacked his lips and checked what new skill he got!

Name: Ray Golden Lance

Level : 0
Health 25/25
Mana 26/26

STR : 15
INT : 26
AGL : 10
CHM : 5
LCK : 7

SKILL CARDS:
MAXIMUM REGENERATION X
MASTER IDENTIFICATION X
OMNISCIENT SCENES X
MANA STORE X
> POISON RESISTANCE X
> TELEKINESIS X

ABNORMAL STATUS :
- POISON, A (GETTING NULLIFIED 17%... 18%... )
- SOUL DAMAGE SS

He got 2 new skills!

POISON RESISTANCE X (PASSIVE)
Can not be POISONED…. Unless you want to…

TELEKINESIS X
Can control things from afar. Mana consumption depends on distance, barriers, and weight.

At last some useful skills. With this, his poisoning problem seemed to have been solved! And now he could at least move things around!

Now he was feeling hungry, where was that milk sack? He wanted to try his new telekinesis skill on it…. It was not here…. How dare they leave this emperor without his milk!

He didn’t want to do it, but he was really hungry and he could see his health beginning to drop, so he quickly unleashed his wrath upon the world by starting to cry.

The room’s door opened quickly, and a blonde somewhat pretty maid that he didn’t recognize rushed in. She had some very snobbish air around her and the green piece of lattice that was stuck in her teeth didn’t help her image at all.

“Damn it! Why did he have to wake up during our meal?” she scolded angrily as she licked her greasy lips.

“He must have been hungry!” The one who spoke was Tia, who ran to his side with some milk. She must have been keeping it warm for him.

“Stupid! That was a rhetorical question!” the blonde maid scolded. “But a stupid lower class slave like you would not know what is that…” she continued her insults as Tia, totally ignoring her, began to feed Ray, who had long figured out that this one was one of the Yuna and Yara chose for him after he fell asleep.

Blond Treehouse

Race: Human

Level : 9

Health 34/34

Mana 16/16

STR : 20
INT : 16
AGL : 14
CHM : 13
LCK : 11

SKILL CARDS:
CLEANING D
MARTIAL ARTS TALENT E
POISON RESISTANCE F
APPRAISAL F

Her name was Blond? Didn’t her parents think of a better name or was this her only redeeming feature?
Anyway, the maids were now fully cleaned, and they were dressed in the formal black and white maid uniform. Tia would have looked pretty cute, if not for her ruined face.

“Miss Blond, don’t be angry with the girl!” another voice sounded as a third woman stepped into the room. This one must have been the third maid they got him. Like Tea, this one was chosen from the lower slaves pile.

She was a calm middle-aged woman with short black hair and a kind face.

Carmen (IronTooth)

Race: Human

Level : 9 ( 29 )

Health 33/33

Mana 13/13

STR : 17 (77)
INT : 13 (79)
AGL : 16 (76)
CHM : 13 (21)
LCK : 3

SKILL CARDS:
DISGUISE, S (HIDDEN)
SILENT DAGGER, A (HIDDEN)
SHADOW STEP, B (HIDDEN)
APPRAISAL F (HIDDEN)
EIDETIC MEMORY, C
CALMING VOICE, D (FAKE)
CLEANING, D (FAKE)
POISON RESISTANCE, F

ABNORMAL STATUS :
- DISGUISED, S

SH*T! This one was a spy or an assassin!

Ray sucked on his milk sack as he eyed the middle-aged woman…. Was she middle-aged to begin with? He had no idea. His skill didn’t show age.
Was she here for him? Probably not, but her luck was very lousy, that’s why she ended up serving him.

Was this her real look? Probably not, but he didn’t care… IronTooth? He read her family name,,, wasn’t that family one of his father’s vessels? Were they planning a rebellion?
Ray was not sure. But sooner or later, he planned to get rid of this woman.

“Carmen, a woman your age should know that sluts like her need good discipline!” Blond complained, making Carmen who was hiding her true age curse silently at this snobbish woman. What did she mean by your age? They were the same age!

“Yeah…. Tia, why don’t you give me the baby….” Carmen said as she quickly took Ray from Tea’s helpless hands, intending to appraise him using her skill.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Ray began to scream like he was getting assaulted by a monster, forcing the frightened Carmen to give him back to Tia in a hurry. There were quite a few soldiers out of the door after all.

The moment Tia held him, he went silent, then grabbed his milk sack again.

“WTF!” both Blond and Carmen asked themselves. Was this baby so ugly that his sense of beauty was reversed?

“He seems to cry when he is held by others… It also depends on the person….” Tia said timidly with a blush. Yuna and Yara had already told her that.

“What do you mean?” Blond asked hatefully. She came from a vessel family, and didn’t like to be compared with the slaves!

“Ahh… nothing!” Tea flustered a little as she spoke.

“Give him to me!” Blond said in a challenging tone, grabbing Ray forcefully from Tea’s hand.

Ray really wanted to explode like earlier, but he knew that Tia couldn’t be made to take care of him all the time. She would have to be punished though! Reluctantly, Ray didn’t explode by crying as soon as she grabbed them, but he barfed all of the milk in his mouth into her face.

“Ahhhh….” she froze as the milk dropped from her hair. Even in her parent's house where she was raised as a maid for being a concubine daughter, she was not treated this badly!

Tia, feeling that Blond was about to throw Ray away, quickly grabbed him back.

“Ahhh! What a stupid baby!” Blond yelled as she ran out of the room not realizing how lucky she was, Ray was planning on doing something bigger, but he didn’t have any ammunition.

“Don’t worry…. That woman is very snobbish, but she wouldn't dare to harm you…” Tia whispered to Ray as she pushed the milk sack back into his mouth.

16