Chapter 4: Kleptoparasitic Kitten
168 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a little more than two years now since my birth, and after the revelation of my high {Intelligence} stat; they made me invest my points into wisdom since it complimented my 'natural' intelligence. Because of that; they assumed I was smart, and chose to get Amor to teach me how to read. Most 2 year olds can't read but we are cats and grow up faster probably, and being 2 years old doesn't stop you from learning it, though it wouldn't be very effective. I do have a big advantage over a 2 year old though.

I haven't gotten very far as it's pretty hard for her to detect my progress in learning reading and speech as a kitten that cannot speak any words except "meeew". It also does not help that the "alphabet" is completely foreign, encompassing words rather than letters and looking similar to Chinese. I doubt they'll want me to actually learn how to read, just to get used to the idea of reading for when I am older, as I have never actually been given any text or book to read.

Another thing they've been doing, well my dad has been doing, is taking me to the city every month to check on the [Analyst] and now a [M̶̟͋ą̴͌g̴͙̏e̵͍͊]. The latter was apparently there to teach me to manipulate m̴̺͖̤̈́ą̵̡̅n̷̢̘͎̈̈ã̷̫͐, but I don't know what that is, and all he was doing when "teaching me" was stand in front of me, while trying to stop me from playing with any moving objects in his home, he holds out his hand, sits like that for 4 hours and makes me uncomfortable, probably cuz he's just a weird guy.

I also feel like I've learned nothing from this [M̶̟͋ą̴͌g̴͙̏e̵͍͊] guy, it felt like I was doing one of those fake martial arts that act like you're manipulating your soul energy or something. Another weird thing is that the [M̶̟͋ą̴͌g̴͙̏e̵͍͊] seems to have electricity, atleast enough to keep active some lights, though they look nothing like light bulbs and more like some sort of smoothed crystal.

What they've just started teaching recently to both me and my siblings, is 'skill practice'. Apparently we all have [Skills] that are 'natural' estimates of our ability in doing tasks, and we need to level them just like we level normally by killing monsters. Except, when leveling skills, you earn experience by actually gaining experience f.x. being more knowledgable and practicing a technique often.

[Skills] are kind of mindblowing to me, as they allow you to perform basic tasks; except it gives you a bonus to them, allowing you to do them at superkitten levels. I've been taught to improve skills such as [Scratch] [Nibble] and [Stealth] which are natural for cats. Supposedly I had earned them naturally when fighting the animals every week, with me now truly understanding what the hell the [Analyst] was actually talking about, when mentioning my [Southern Rashmeric Language] skill.

Aside from that I've been taught the skills [Tracking], [Poison Smell], [Acting], [Charge], [Dodge]. The latter two skills I got so late because; as my dad put it, I was "Too much of a scaredy cat" which is honestly just mean. He also told me that if I level my skills, then when I evolve some of my skills might evolve aswell or break their level limit of 10.

Currently, me and my family are heading somewhere in a carriage, though I can easily guess where; the same mansion we visited last year. My parents are discussing boring politics while my siblings and I are looking outside. I am starting to feel tired of being so powerless against my instincts, maybe I should take the first step - actually the four hundredth step as I was doing so in the bipedal training - and leave the window.

...On second thought maybe I'll do so tomorrow.

-----

We arrive at the mansion, with me not having left the window sadly - except to sleep - and the same as last time occurs; they cover up with a blanket, talk about how we're not presentable and throw us in a living room with a bunch of tiny monsters called 'kittens'. I only realize it now, but our ages differ pretty widely, with us now being some of the oldest kittens while some looking like they were just born.

I might try to be a little more active this time around instead of trying to sleep and eventually getting interuppted by someone like Sebastian. We seem to have joined exactly when the kittens were just about to be fed, so we could end the long journey with a nice meal of fish, ham and vegetables, the last I am not very fond of, probably due to my child tastebuds, or maybe the fact that I am a cat.

We weren't given much, just enough food for us not to be hungry, as they don't have any litterboxes here, most the youngest kittens would just shit on the floot. Though I could probably eat 5x what we were given, and that thought created a grand plan in my mind! If I can steal food from the other kittens, I can eat like a princess! Well, maybe baroness. While I feel a little bad stealing food from kittens, it's not like I'm gonna be stealing it all, just about 20% of the meat maybe.

The problem being, that I will probably get scolded for it; so an even grander plan formed in my mind! I head to the person that was relentlessly annoying the last time I was here, though he may have changed his attitude since it's been a year. Sebastian was deemed as "Young master" by the servant, so he must be pretty important! After I hurriedly finished my food before all the other kittens, I headed to Sebastian to explain the plan in the best possible way a kitten can, by showing him by example.

He has changed both alot and very little over the year, while a little taller, he still stays a kitten because for some reason Rashmere Panthers don't grow much unless they evolve. He is eating by his 3 siblings and walking up to him I give him a short "meew" before showing him my genius. He looks up at me in confusion, but atleast he recognizes me from last time.

I point my paw at another kitten's plate and run over there snatching a piece of fish from their plate and heading to Sebastian to show me eating it. He was a bit confused so I did so with another kitten before he finally realized my genius! He quickly finished everything on his plate except his vegetables(not surprising) and joined me in my piracy.

Now with his protection at hand; I am completely invincible! I was afraid that he would be against the idea, but I've lately realized cats don't have a very big moral compass and tend to be fine with being assholes so long as it doesn't hurt the opposing party too much. After filling our stomachs, a problem arose. It seems that stealing a single kitten's food doesn't bring much trouble as you can come and go almost instantly before they notice because of their small brain, but they soon realized that we were stealing from them when they started looking up from their plates. Well, some did, most didn't really notice, or we didn't steal from them at all.

Of the around 50 kittens in the room, - larger than last time because we came in late - 7 of them are growling at us, angry that we took their food. Only now do I realize my mistake; not only are the servants a problem, the kittens are too! They probably have been killing small animals every week just like us, and might be willing to use those skills against us aswell. Well, while it is a problem, an even larger problem just appeared.

"SEBASTIAN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" A heavily decorated woman walks in, and upon shouting those words, I swear Sebastian jumped across the room at a pace that might aswell be considered teleportation. She speaks to her servant; Sebastian's servant. "Roma, who is the other child?"

"Her name is Simile Garner, Honorable [Marquise]."

"So she is Amir's child... Did she get Sebastian to do this?"

"I am unsure, but I doubt Young Master Sebastian would come up with a beggar's scandal."

"He is still a child so we can't be unsure, It's best both get punished for placing dirt their family's names." Upon hearing those words I finally realize my mistake. I'm not just stealing food from kittens, I am stealing food from really rich, powerful kittens. I really should get a grip on the fact that I am living a noble's life right now. It is hard to notice due to how sheltered I've been, but I am living a rich man's life.

I can't say that I am not scared shitless; I feel like when I was caught playing video games past my bedtime at age 11, except this time, it is far worse. Sebastian's mother picked him up by the collar, and started berating the poor child about sullying the Dane family's name. I feel really bad, as it was all my idea, and I can't really speak to tell them that; that is if I would actually want to rat myself out.

She soon left and my parents didn't come at all afterwards. It was really awkward, I wanted to consult Sebastian but he didn't seem to be very fond of me after this whole occurance, and now most of the other kittens hate me for stealing the food, so I have noone to play with. Well, I have my siblings, but I'm tired of them by living near then almost every second of every day. What a lonely existence.

On the carriage home, my parents started lecturing me in an angry tone about how you're not supposed to goad the celebration host's son into theft and how stealing is a bad thing only lessers partake in. I was not sure about the latter part of the lecture but I don't really have much will to think right now as I am too ashamed to do anything productive.

 

-----

 

[Congratulations Simile! Your race (Rashmere Panther - Kitten{E}) is eligible for an Evolution!]

[(Bipedal Rashmere Panther - Child{D}) The Bipedal Child evolution of the intelligent panther species in the continent of Rashmere. +2 Intelligence, + 2 Wisdom +2 Dexterity +1 Percepion -1 Agility every four levels. +10 Points in every stat, and a free stat point every 2 levels. Classes will be available at the 15th birthday. Unlocked by: Being a (Rashmere Panther - Kitten{E}) reaching level 30, living for 3 years after birth, having 25 Intelligence or above, being used to performing tasks by seperating your upper and lower limbs' function and allowing your intelligence to outweigh your instinct]

[You have 4 other evolutions available, do you wish to see them?] No.

[You have reached the age limit of your evolution, if you do not choose an evolution within 3 days the system will do so for you. Do you wish to evolve now?]

Yes, Evolve into (Bipedal Rashmere Panther - Child{D})

And so, I fell asleep.

9