5 – My tutorial is a dragon?
6.4k 13 228
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pure white dragon was looking down at me. It was freaking huge to the point it would be labeled as a raid boss. Its tooth is probably the same size as me. A western type dragon with wings attached to its front arms, a giant spikey tail and deep blue eyes.

"I ask again. Are you the one I'm looking for?"

"I… I… don't think we've ever met before. I mean no harm and…"

My voice was shaking and the dragon lowered its head to me and started sniffing me. The current of that single action was strong. Even dragons smaller than this were labeled as raid bosses in Phantasy Reverie Online. And you needed a full 4 player party to take them on. 

"Judging by your smell and reaction, there's no doubt. You're my new hatchling, right?"

"Eh!? I don't follow."

"You are the soul that the Goddess of Destruction picked up, are you not?"

"Yes… but how do you know that?"

"I owe that woman a favor. She asked me to take you under my guidance for 1 year. Hasn't she told you that?"

"She didn't tell me anything."

Is this supposed to be "the best possible Tutorial" that the Goddess mentioned?

The large dragon let out a huge sight. 

"Yare, yare. That woman is as troublesome as ever."

.

.

.

~Inside the dimensional chamber of the Goddess of Destruction~

"Oi, Olivia, so you finally showed up. Took you long enough."

The Goddess of Destruction has summoned a particular person in her presence prior to summoning Mizuryu Shin. The Dragon Queen Olivia.

"Geez, Olivia. You could be a bit more presentable when you come before me. It feels like lately all you do is lay eggs, for crying out loud. You totally look like a cheap slut."

Olivia was a proud dragon, and one of the most powerful beings alive, to the point that she was on a friendly basis with the Goddess. If anyone else would make such a remark on her, she would obliterate them in seconds. It’s true that recently the Dragon Queen was busy with laying eggs, but only because the race started to suffer since the summoning of The Old One. Humans started moving into dragon territories and conflicts naturally appeared.

"It's fine. Nobody is around. Anyway, do you mind telling me why you dragged me here?"

"Remember your last mission? You asked me for help, and I granted your request."

"Yeah. What about it?”

“I want you to pay back that little favor. I will summon a soul and reincarnate it into the world. You're going to take care of him."

"Huh!? Do you have a screw loose or something? What part of our past makes you think I want to play mother with any race other than my own?"

"Olivia, I'm serious here. You really messed up the last mission. You ended up killing everyone in the process. If I haven’t covered up for you, the other Goddesses might have made a move on you. After all, all their temples were smashed in your little rampage."

"Shit happens. What can I say."

"There you go again. You're so selfish! You never think of the consequences and push all the work on me. Well if that’s the attitude you take then I’m giving you 2 choices. Take Kubelios the Dragon of Metal as your husband, or you take care of that kid."

"Eww. Not that meat-head. Seriously there is not a single drop of brain in that guy. And he’s boring as hell! Are you trying to clip my wings or something? Also, what's so special about that brat?"

"That’s going to be my little secret. You see, the 4 Goddesses pissed me off. They see this world as a giant chess game, but I see it more as a TV show. What would happen if I were to add a piece of my own to this board? Anyway, at least take a look. This is the body I plan to reincarnate the soul in."

The Goddess waved her hand and a holographic screen popped up. 

"Are you fucking kidding me? Is this for real? You really gonna do this to a male? His identity might be screwed but… interesting…"

"Would I joke about something like this? It’s very real. The potential he… or should I say she will have is limitless. Seeing the choices she will make in life: rule the world, become a villain, try to find a way to return to her world, establish a harem… it will be quite the show."

Olivia licked her lips and displayed a small smile.

"You know what? This might be fun. Sure, I'll take him… err, her in."

.

.

.

"Okay, girl. From this day forward you belong to me for 1 year. You seem healthy now, so it's troublesome if you keep shaking like an idiot. Pull yourself together. As per the contract with The Goddess of Destruction, for 1 year you will be under my care."

This dragon… is scary. She isn't feminine at all. 

"Hey, I'm talking to you brat. From this day onward, my word is law. What's your name?"

“Eeep! My name is… Yufine.”

“Yufine, huh? Very well. I am the great Dragon Queen, Olivia! You may address me as mother for the time being.”

Did she just say Dragon Queen Olivia? In Phantasy Reverie Online, Dragon Queen Olivia was the mother of all dragons. She was never added to the game as boss, but she was mentioned in lore various times. They even added a cutscene where she alone killed multiple other raid bosses. That’s terrifying. Is this really supposed to be my tutorial? A 1 year tutorial?

Before I realized it she picked me up with her claws and placed me on her head.

“Okay. Now that everything is settled, we’re going back to my nest. Hang on tight and make sure you don’t fall.”

“Ahh, yes ma’am.”

“Yes, mother. Repeat it like that and put some vigor in that voice of yours!”

“Yes, mother!!!”

“Much better. Now let’s go.”

228