22 – Letter of fate
4.3k 12 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day I managed to gather my thoughts. On a serious note, I can't wander that much around here. The chances that Olivia's killer is still around here is small. So I turned my attention to the letter again. 

 

This has to be delivered to someone on another continent. Well, it's called a continent but judging from Lu-chan's description it's a place which has a similar size as the United Kingdom. The continent of Luvelia, named after the person that discovered it.

 

It's said that many mutations occurred lately with dangerous monsters. A mix between wildlife and The Old Ones monsters. That being said, it doesn't seem like anybody would bother me there. Although there does seem to be a kingdom there too, it's said to have the greatest variation of races. Sounds like a true fantasy place.

 

"So, Yufi, that's your decision?"

 

"Yeah. Besides, our job is only to deliver a letter to someone there, so if we don't like it, we can just come back."

 

"Sounds like a plan to me! Although it will probably take a week to get there by boat."

 

"I'm sure we'll find a way to entertain ourselves."

------

 

Meanwhile in the kingdom of Zirconia, the king just got out of a meeting. His daughter, princess Lilith was currently taking a break from supervising the heroes and noticed her father's poor state.

 

"What's wrong father?"

 

"Ah, Lilith. It's nothing you need to concern yourself with. I just had a visit from one of the Divine Generals."

 

The Divine Generals. A title given to the strongest people in the world. People that have their own group, only interact with one another when absolutely necessary and they aren't loyal to any kingdom or race.

 

Their original goal is maintaining balance, but for some unknown reason, not even one of them dared to challenge The Old One. Nobody asked them why, though, because if you make one of them mad, most likely you wouldn't live to reach tomorrow.

 

"What did someone like that want with you, father?"

 

"It seems that our kingdom summoning all the heroes didn't go unnoticed. But luckily, since we managed to prove it was the will of the Gods, we managed to talk our way past that situation.

 

And there was one more reason. The 5th Divine Generals…"

 

Princess Lilith tilted her head.

 

"Aren't there only 4?"

 

"Normally yes. That's the second aspect of the visit. They are announcing that a new member joined their ranks."

 

"Someone so strong was discovered? Are we simply to accept it like an order? Order you say, impossible, just who got the balls to give us some orders here, huh!"

 

"Sush, Lilith. I don't like it either, but they are people you can't cross. Take a look at this letter."

 

"This is the……Holy Cross Insignia?”

 

The people who could use the Holy Cross Insignia as a sealing wax were only the holy Pope or a consensus between the Divine Generals . In other words, there were only 5 people in this world who could use that seal. The Divine Generals are seen as Gods apostles. 

 

Lilith who understood all that in an instant, completely vanished her anger and unsealed the letter with wavy hands.

 

"For such a thing… I-Impossible……The 5th Divine General you say!"

 

The contents of the document written were simple: "When the time comes, select 5 of your heroes to send under the command of 5th Divine General and quietly follow the orders."

 

Lilith pouted. After spending so much time with each hero, to give up some of them, is something that leaves a bad taste in her mouth. 

 

"We have no choice. Eventually, an envoy will come to pick them up. I don't know when. It could be tomorrow, or it could be in another year. We have to think about who to send. It's best if we send the weakest of them. The reason we summoned all heroes in our kingdom is for their strength. If we want to banish the threat of the monster waves, we need their strength."

 

"But this person… judging from this description, doesn't look like a Divine General at all. Are we expecting her soon?"

 

"No. She has already departed towards Luvelia continent, to test the waters and rid it from corruption. Currently she says not to let anyone near because it would be a hindrance for her analysis."

 

"But father, if a Divine General is going there, shouldn't the monsters all be annihilated? I don't see the need for our heroes."

 

"She might not have any interest in regular demons, but might be searching for a particular one. I can't say. Honestly this is indeed a weird recruit, but you actually think I would dare question their judgement? I can't afford to turn them into an enemy."

 

Lilith understood that all too well. There are basically 2 rules passed from generation to generation. The first was to fear the Demon King. Fear helps you stay alive. However the other was "never cross paths with a Divine General". If you do, you're screwed. Escape is not an option.

 

"Lilith, I will let you decide who we will send. You know the heroes better than me, so I trust your judgement. Just try not to take too much time since we don't know when we will have to respond to this."

 

"I understand father."

 

Damn that Divine General. Just who does she think she is trying to steal my heroes. It's so annoying. All of them show signs of progress. I don't want to lose anyone since they are all valuable. I guess the support types can be sacrificed first. If I recall, we had a person like that and I think her name was… Miyuki. 

 

But, Makoto is fond of that girl so letting her go might affect his morale. And I definitely won't let go of our ace. This isn't easy at all. I need to carefully look at all sides of this matter. But seriously… this Divine General.

 

A person who likes to take naps under the sunlight and warm grass, as well as ruthlessly kill everything in her way… her personality is brutal and easy going at the same time. From that description, she looks like a complete idiot with massive strength, and that's a dangerous combination.

 

Is the world really going to be safe with someone like that? For all I know she might sink the continent. But let's try not to think about that for now, and pray that she forgets to pick up the heroes.

155